Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
When Fisher rushed to help Dalton up...
I’m pretty sure I saw Dalton get up look, at the sideline, shake his head and laugh, twice after being sacked in the Colts game. I’m assuming it because he thinks the blocking is a joke and it’s the coaches’ fault.
Reply/Quote
A lot of the problems are down to poor technique. Our linemen step back instead of firing forward off the line, get too high in their stance and thus lack leverage and especially on the interior totally lack awareness of the situation. All this is coaching stuff. So is the picking bad prospects and then doubling down on them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 07:08 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Ain't moving shit. 

Being a **** is being a ****. 

Cheers

[Image: 200w.webp#3-grid1]

Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 04:12 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No OL will block for Andy if he pulls that JR high shit. 

But...how can they not block, more than they're already not blocking?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 09:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But...how can they not block, more than they're already not blocking?

Watch what Jacksonville is going to do to us. They already have two 10 sack games this season. I wouldn't be surprised if Dalton gets sacked 15 times.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 04:12 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No OL will block for Andy if he pulls that JR high stuff. 

Believe the OL is  Jr. High school level talent wise actually.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It wouldn't be awesome. It would be terrible. And thus, cause yet another locker room division.

I can't think of a time I've ever seen a quarterback smack the hand of his offensive lineman away from him. We've seen Dalton yell at his teammates before, especially Bodine. Thing is, Dalton isn't an extremely vocal, yelling type of guy. That's why him and Hue worked out so well.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 06:05 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: And I'm gaining more respect for Dalton this year by not showing up Fisher or the other linemen when he'd be justified in doing so. Dalton is taking a literal beating on the field and figuratively off the field.  Anybody who has paid attention to the Bengals sees a QB with no time to throw.  On the rare occasions the OL does give him time, he is feeling phantom pressure due to the other 90% of the time when someone is in his face.  The front office screwed Dalton and the rest of the team this past offseason and Dalton is taking the high road.  Much respect to him from this Bengals fan.

This is where people who don't football come in here (and on the team's Facebook comments), and go "huuurrrrr duuurrrrr, even when he has time he throws the ball away, or is inaccurate.....hhhuuurrrrrr.....he has happy feet.....duuuurrrrr.....he's gutless....."

Well no shit he bails on pockets, misses open guys, gets happy feet, and is inaccurate at times.....he's shell shocked.  He has seen so much pressure over the last two seasons, he expects it.  Throws are rushed, phantom pressure is sensed.....it ain't gutless, it's trying to get the ball out and make a play before getting drilled.  Trying to make something happen, because you KNOW he understands this offense is playing like shit, and he's the leader of it.  We've seen what the guy is capable of with a good line and at least two viable options in the passing game.  He's good, not elite, but good.

You get it, unfortunately, not a lot of people do, and that's why he takes the figurative beating off the field you spoke of.  You're right, he's not gonna trash them, so casual footballers just lay the blame on him, and he takes it all in stride.  I got a lot of respect for him in 2014 when everyone was hurt, and we still won 10 games and went to the playoffs.  He took the heat then, and then went on the field and did what it took to win games, including 4 TDs on the ground, and 1 TD receiving..... even if it was ugly.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 07:43 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m pretty sure I saw Dalton get up look, at the sideline, shake his head and laugh, twice after being sacked in the Colts game. I’m assuming it because he thinks the blocking is a joke and it’s the coaches’ fault.

I saw that too. He needs to do more than that, **** it, who cares if the OL won't block for him anymore if he calls them out (every play)? Push comes to shove, the OL is going to be on film, then be fired/released, and not picked up - not the QB. No QB is going to perform with 1 second to throw.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 10:33 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I saw that too. He needs to do more than that, **** it, who cares if the OL won't block for him anymore if he calls them out (every play)? Push comes to shove, the OL is going to be on film, then be fired/released, and not picked up - not the QB. No QB is going to perform with 1 second to throw.

At least one time, he wasn't laughing.....just shaking his head and muttering something to himself.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 02:17 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Sure maybe. But Brady has clout Dalton doesn't have. 
And you damn sure better know who the **** you are getting sassy with.
OL get shit on all the time. Our QB starts acting like a prick to us, we're gonna shut his ass out. 
You want to see some look-out blocks, act like a prick to your OL

Dalton already sees look-out blocks.  How much worse can it get?  

I recall hearing a story about Boomer Esiason telling his line the next time he gets hit from someone untouched they (OL) were going to take a football upside the head on the next play.  I think AD was close to that last Sunday but too nice of a guy.  I know I would've been in someones face.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 12:00 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Watch what Jacksonville is going to do to us. They already have two 10 sack games this season. I wouldn't be surprised if Dalton gets sacked 15 times.

The only saving grace is that, whenever something appears to be completely one way...it ends up going the other way. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If Dalton called the play and said down, ready set,

and then proceeded to kick each OL player in the nads as hard as he could it would be justifiable in my book.

In fact each OL better just stfu or say thank you sir may I have another.

That is how bad the OL has been.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 01:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Anyone remember and/or have an image of after a 3rd down sack of Dalton, Fisher (I think it was Fisher) runs over immediately with his hand outstretched to help Dalton off his back?

How awesome and telling would it have been if Dalton refused his help and slapped his hand away and got up on his own? I know Dalton's not that kinda guy, but man, I was hoping Andy would've shown his disgust with his OL right there.

I'm not sure but this might be the worst thread ever.
Reply/Quote