Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Marijuana Becomes Legal.......
When marijuana becomes legal in Kentucky, and maybe people in states where it is legal already can give their insight, will teens be smoking it like they do cigarettes?

Will it be as common with teens who are 16 or 17 and get cigarettes easy?
(06-28-2017, 02:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: When marijuana becomes legal in Kentucky, and maybe people in states where it is legal already can give their insight, will teens be smoking it like they do cigarettes?

From what I've heard from my friends in Colorado, it isn't that common to see it smoked in public. 

As far as teens, it used to be just as easy for us to get pot back in the day as it was to get cigarettes. Of course, the pot that teens could get back then was pretty much skank weed. The stuff sold at dispensaries in states where it is legal is a different beast. Some of that stuff is pretty potent I'm told. Maybe someone else here knows more about it, though. 
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
They make weed too good these days. Back in the day it would just make a guitar sound better and Taco Bell taste heavenly. Now you have to clear an afternoon to make sure you don't have to be a responsible person. It's like doing drugs.

I hope those damn teenagers can lay off.
Should cars be illegal? There are irresponsible teens who sometimes operate them in unsafe ways. Maybe we should just eliminate the problem: cars.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/28/colorado-teens-marijuana-use-legalization-study/

One Colorado Study finds use was unchanged.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/12/21/one-of-the-greatest-fears-about-legalizing-marijuana-has-so-far-failed-to-happen/?utm_term=.0586066b425f

One saw a decrease.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pot-legalized-colorado-teens-hospital-er/

One saw more cases of kids coming into the ER with pot in their system, but most of those kids were using multiple drugs and the hospital staff also went through more training during that period to identify when pot is in the system.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Really tough for kids to get it out here without help from someone over the age of 21. You get ID'd twice before actually making the purchase at a dispensary.

And zona is right, it's not common to see people smoking in public. At concerts, etc absolutely. But not just waking around town.

Also, any self respecting adult with a plan for the day just eats the stuff these days anyway.
(06-28-2017, 02:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: When marijuana becomes legal in Kentucky, and maybe people in states where it is legal already can give their insight, will teens be smoking it like they do cigarettes?

Does it being illegal prevent them from smoking it now? The answer is no.
(06-28-2017, 08:04 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/28/colorado-teens-marijuana-use-legalization-study/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/12/21/one-of-the-greatest-fears-about-legalizing-marijuana-has-so-far-failed-to-happen/?utm_term=.0586066b425f

One saw a decrease.

One saw more cases of kids coming into the ER with pot in their system, but most of those kids were using multiple drugs and the hospital staff also went through more training during that period to identify when pot is in the system.

My guess would be that it would be entirely dependent upon the regulatory tools that will be used for it. If it is just sold like alcohol or cigarettes then it would be relatively easy to get. Most places have tighter regulations on it, though, confining its sale to stores set up and licensed specifically for it. That model makes it harder for teens to get their hands on it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-28-2017, 06:27 AM)xxlt Wrote: Should cars be illegal? There are irresponsible teens who sometimes operate them in unsafe ways. Maybe we should just eliminate the problem: cars.

Aha! The answer is to eliminate teens.
My question is, how do you test for an OVI if it stays in your system for 4-6 weeks.

For example, if a guy who used a week ago is involved in an accident that results in a fatality, would he be charged with vehicular manslaughter or would it be an accident? He wouldn't have been under any influence but with the way testing is done, he would have it in his system.
(06-28-2017, 05:53 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: They make weed too good these days. Back in the day it would just make a guitar sound better and Taco Bell taste heavenly. Now you have to clear an afternoon to make sure you don't have to be a responsible person. It's like doing drugs.

I hope those damn teenagers can lay off.

That's exactly right! You can't find the hard pack Mexican schwag anymore. It's all this potent stuff that I can't be out in public with. I just want the stuff that I can go out and have a good time at a concert. You hit the nail on the head, you have to set aside an afternoon to take a couple hits. I miss the days you have to 'clean your weed'. Pick stems and seeds out of. This fancy stuff these days is what we called 'hydro' back then. And that's all you can get anymore.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(06-28-2017, 10:07 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: That's exactly right!  You can't find the hard pack Mexican schwag anymore.  It's all this potent stuff that I can't be out in public with. I just want the stuff that I can go out and have a good time at a concert.  You hit the nail on the head, you have to set aside an afternoon to take a couple hits. I miss the days you have to 'clean your weed'. Pick stems and seeds out of. This fancy stuff these days is what we called 'hydro' back then. And that's all you can get anymore.

Apparently the only industry where increases in quality is a bad thing Hilarious. Could you imagine being like, Man I miss the pinto! Cars today don't even blow up when they get into wrecks!
(06-28-2017, 06:27 AM)xxlt Wrote: Should cars be illegal? There are irresponsible teens who sometimes operate them in unsafe ways. Maybe we should just eliminate the problem: cars.

I dunno. I don't think the Cars are that relevant anymore.

They haven't had a hit song in like 30+ years. 

(06-28-2017, 10:07 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: That's exactly right!  You can't find the hard pack Mexican schwag anymore.  It's all this potent stuff that I can't be out in public with. I just want the stuff that I can go out and have a good time at a concert.  You hit the nail on the head, you have to set aside an afternoon to take a couple hits. I miss the days you have to 'clean your weed'. Pick stems and seeds out of. This fancy stuff these days is what we called 'hydro' back then. And that's all you can get anymore.

Last time I smoked pot was like 20 years ago. It was some of the good sh*t. It made me paranoid all evening.

Of course, my wife at the time was cheating on me then.... so, there is always that too.  Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(06-28-2017, 11:09 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I dunno. I don't think the Cars are that relevant anymore.

Yet Ric Ocasek has parlayed into STILL being married to a proper woman Shocked

[Image: model-paulina-porizkova-age-50-talks-abo...k-work.jpg]

(06-28-2017, 11:09 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Last time I smoked pot was like 20 years ago. It was some of the good sh*t. It made me paranoid all evening.

Of course, my wife at the time was cheating on me then.... so, there is always that too.  Ninja

I have never taken an illegal drug. I've never taken an opioid either for that matter.

I was afraid it would make my brain normal. Smirk

But i don't have a problem with the legalization. And I certainly would never use the argument that someone will break the law (smoke underage, drive under the influence, etc) as the reason to keep it illegal when those things happen now. they will still happen and they will still be illegal. Meanwhile we make a lot of money on taxing it, save money on policing it and incarcerating people for it, and help people that use it medicinally.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

I would expect a similar situation compared to underage drinking.

Maybe an uptick in really low speed MVAs.
(06-28-2017, 11:09 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I dunno. I don't think the Cars are that relevant anymore.

Last time I smoked pot was like 20 years ago. It was some of the good sh*t. It made me paranoid all evening.

Thats funny cause I was 'dating' this married women around 20 years ago, and she would sneak me some of her hubby's weed. God I miss her.  Sad
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
It will be up to statute. Lawmakers can set a specific age, no age, or tie it to other standards (legal drinking age, age of legalized adulthood, etc).

I've done some stories with a woman very involved in legalization efforts in Kentucky. Honestly, it would be a long way off here, even in her estimation. Hell, half of the western end of the commonwealth just repealed prohibition in the last 4-5 years; the other half (about 12 counties) are still dry. No idea what it's like in the east, but given the lack of a tourism industry there id guess worse.
(06-28-2017, 03:05 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: From what I've heard from my friends in Colorado, it isn't that common to see it smoked in public. 

As far as teens, it used to be just as easy for us to get pot back in the day as it was to get cigarettes. Of course, the pot that teens could get back then was pretty much skank weed. The stuff sold at dispensaries in states where it is legal is a different beast. Some of that stuff is pretty potent I'm told. Maybe someone else here knows more about it, though. 
Was just up in Canada and I don't even know if it's legal yet up there but that stuff could knock you on your ass.
(06-28-2017, 08:04 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/28/colorado-teens-marijuana-use-legalization-study/

One saw a decrease.

Makes sense because it's not as rebellious thing to do once it's legal at some level, but I think that kids also doing less of it now kind of skews the numbers on what the effect of legalization had on the usage (you were right all along about less kids using it, but it's about the kids who are using it just being more public and open about it).

Also, my question was more about the acceptable usage in public.  You always used to be able to see teens smoking in public who were obviously not 18 and I was wondering would it be as common to see them smoking marijuana as it is to see them smoking cigarettes? 
(06-28-2017, 08:27 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Really tough for kids to get it out here without help from someone over the age of 21.  You get ID'd twice before actually making the purchase at a dispensary.  

And zona is right, it's not common to see people smoking in public. At concerts, etc absolutely.  But not just waking around town.  

Also, any self respecting adult with a plan for the day just eats the stuff these days anyway.

(06-28-2017, 09:23 AM)Au165 Wrote: Does it being illegal prevent them from smoking it now? The answer is no.
But my question is would it be more common and more acceptable and would you see kids smoking in public?
(06-28-2017, 09:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: My guess would be that it would be entirely dependent upon the regulatory tools that will be used for it. If it is just sold like alcohol or cigarettes then it would be relatively easy to get. Most places have tighter regulations on it, though, confining its sale to stores set up and licensed specifically for it. That model makes it harder for teens to get their hands on it.
Makes sense and I never thought about it that way.  Then, cops could also patrol those areas more looking for teens who are trying to get older people to buy it for them.

(06-28-2017, 11:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: I have never taken an illegal drug.  I've never taken an opioid either for that matter.

I was afraid it would make my brain normal.  Smirk

But i don't have a problem with the legalization.  And I certainly would never use the argument that someone will break the law (smoke underage, drive under the influence, etc) as the reason to keep it illegal when those things happen now.  they will still happen and they will still be illegal.  Meanwhile we make a lot of money on taxing it, save money on policing it and incarcerating people for it, and help people that use it medicinally.
It's the only way that I've even heard of as a possibility to regrow brain cells since I'm missing a lot of my brain, and the only time I think clearly is after I vape (I can't really smoke because my lungs were damaged so badly in the wreck). 
(06-28-2017, 01:55 PM)Benton Wrote: It will be up to statute. Lawmakers can set a specific age, no age, or tie it to other standards (legal drinking age, age of legalized adulthood, etc).

I've done some stories with a woman very involved in legalization efforts in Kentucky. Honestly, it would be a long way off here, even in her estimation. Hell, half of the western end of the commonwealth just repealed prohibition in the last 4-5 years; the other half (about 12 counties) are still dry. No idea what it's like in the east, but given the lack of a tourism industry there id guess worse.

It's so stupid that it's illegal in Kentucky considering that it's the biggest cash crop in the state, and I think it's the biggest by a very large margin.

Tax the hell out of it and we easily become a very profitable state off of that alone.
(06-28-2017, 04:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But my question is would it be more common and more acceptable and would you see kids smoking in public?

Do you see teenagers drinking in public all over the place with no cares?