Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When We Go To Pittsburgh, Let's Make A Statement!
The Steelers just win. Injuries and other circumstances be damned, they just know how win games. Winning that game would make the Bengals lives so much easier down the stretch. If we lose that game I guarantee you the division title will be contested right down to the wire. In my mind it's still unclear who is the best team in the division, but the good news is we only have to wait 2-weeks to find out. The BYE week couldn't have come at a better time, and the only thing that would be better is getting a healthy Tez back in time to face those scumbags.
Reply/Quote
This game will be a test for sure. It's going to come down to who flinches first !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pig Ben and his large mouth vagina will want to do everything in his power to shine some light back on his ugly ass and off of Dalton. He will be throwing the ball early and often. Pressure him with the front four, force him in to bad mistakes, and just rake in the INTs.

We wont have to worry about their run game. Benderella's ego will take care of that.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 02:09 PM)Whacked Wrote: Sure hope Hall returns! We are going to need him. Dre and Dennard = Scare me

You can almost count on Dre Kirk getting burnt once deep by Bryant.  He will then turn and look for a safety to blame. 

Dennard played very well against Buffalo in his most extensive action thus far.  I just hope our safeties are 100% for this game. 
Reply/Quote
Win or lose, I'd like to get out of the Steelers game healthy. Something dirty about Pittsburgh.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 08:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Win or lose, I'd like to get out of the Steelers game healthy. Something dirty about Pittsburgh.

I just hope they wash themselves before they leave.  Don't bring any of that back to Ohio.
Reply/Quote
Boils down to our offensive line. You can bet that freaking Tomlin will have a plan to maim Andy. If our guys can really protect, it will be a huge step. And they're the right guys for the job.

Plus, the Steeler offense is much stronger than their defense, so putting some serious points on the board will be especially important in this game. Ben will probably be back, so that will have their offense really jazzed. We've got to hold their offense down better than they hold us.

We win this game and we really put a hurt on the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
My concern is, after watching the steelers/cardinals game yesterday in its entirety, if we can beat the refs? I lost count of the bad calls in Pittsburgh's favor before the half. Seriously. Anyone else see the game?

It was so incessant I thought the refs were about to yell at the steelers for how obvious they had to be to keep the game close. Like "guys we can only do so much over here".

A couple of particular note:

-helmet to helmet contact on qb called when Vick was hit by a facemask to his shoulder area (never touched his helmet at all)
later Carson gets hit hard helmet-to-helmet and no call (ball is long gone too)

-Steelers defender hooks then hits receiver obviously well before ball arrives, no flag and the ensuing interception stands, despite being directly caused by the illegal pass interference
Reply/Quote
The NFL can't do without a playoff race in the AFC-N, so few stories outside of the undefeated contenders. So expect the refs to be more involved (or normal, like other Pitt games).

Remember what they did to Huber, legal or not. Losing someone like Huber has a profound affect on the outcome of our games, lol. I'd go as far to say it jeopardizes winning a playoff game.

We've got a few young guys on defense that need to take after Pacman during the Steelers game, they need to hit hard and hit fast - and maybe learn to tackle. You know, first guy should bring the defender down, considering I can't remember if we have any punch out fumbles from our secondary (why do they keep trying?).
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't know how they plan on stopping Bell. I know we don't want to rush Burfict back after only a year off, but we could really use him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 11:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't know how they plan on stopping Bell.  I know we don't want to rush Burfict back after only a year off, but we could really use him.

Tough assignment, right? I mean we suck at stopping the run so we have to sellout to do it. If we sellout then Big Jen and AB can smoke you over the top. Defense is just going to have to step it up, plain and simple. If this team is a true Super Bowl contender, they are going to need to beat Shittsburgh at least once this season and maybe twice (see 2/3).
Reply/Quote
Worried about injury's and our secondary. We need to come out strong and dictate the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 01:03 AM)Utts Wrote: Tough assignment, right? I mean we suck at stopping the run so we have to sellout to do it. If we sellout then Big Jen and AB can smoke you over the top. Defense is just going to have to step it up, plain and simple. If this team is a true Super Bowl contender, they are going to need to beat Shittsburgh at least once this season and maybe twice (see 2/3).

Bell not so much, Its the big plays we need to prevent. Another thing is Hill needs to step it up, the best way to beat Pitt is the same way they used to beat us, Keep Ben and that Offense on the bench.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Burfict will be back by then and the DC will come up with something to fix this defense.

It's fixable, I think, as it seems to be missed tackles, and just a lack of follow through by some of the players, not all.

There needs to be more accountability or something. More fire under their asses.

If they don't fix that in these next couple of weeks, idk how we walk out of Heinz Field 7-0.
Reply/Quote
.This is going to be the toughest game of the year so far, so it's good they have two weeks to rest, heal, and prepare. The defense seems to give up lots of big running plays, which happened at the Seattle and Buffalo games. I don't know much about Pittsburgh this year but this seems like a good game to do lots of runs and quick drop passes because they're going to try to sack Andy.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 02:35 PM)3wt Wrote: Dennard is just now getting playing time and he's getting better with each snap.

Dre is hurt.  Biggest problem for him is tackling with his bad shoulder and wrist.

On the bright side Iloka is looking more himself and is a stud back there.

I think the bye week is going to help Dre and Iloka quite a bit as far as healing.    I'd rather have Dennard in there. He shows brilliant flashes and needs playing time.  
Reply/Quote
The Steeler's swept us in 2014.

I don't see that happening in 2014 and Bengals may get beat by a very good team on the road in a must win scenario, but I just don't see them beating us at home later in the year.

I predict a great game and more defensive than many have predicted. I think Sims has been hurt (and that hurt our run defense) so hopefully he is back at 100%. Dre K. also is banged up, Hall was out last week and hopefully he is back. I think Burfict is back and starting as well.

The Steelers with Ben have a great offense and more weapons than us:
Ben
Bell
Brown
Bryant - he is a super star talent (I hate it, but it was a great pick by them)
Miller
Wheaton

On defense, they are much faster. If our OL can control their DL, we can make big plays on the CB's in my opinion.

It will be a tough hard hitting game.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 10:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Steelers with Ben have a great offense and more weapons than us:
Ben
Bell
Brown
Bryant - he is a super star talent (I hate it, but it was a great pick by them)
Miller
Wheaton

VS.

Andy Dalton
Gio/J Hill
AJ Green
Marvin Jones
Tyler Eifert
Sanu/Burkhead

I don't know...it looks pretty similar to me, and I like the Bengal's offensive line vs their defense MUCH better than the other way around.

Special teams might tilt in the Bengals favor as well, with all their ST issues of late.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 01:03 AM)Utts Wrote: Tough assignment, right? I mean we suck at stopping the run so we have to sellout to do it. If we sellout then Big Jen and AB can smoke you over the top. Defense is just going to have to step it up, plain and simple. If this team is a true Super Bowl contender, they are going to need to beat Shittsburgh at least once this season and maybe twice (see 2/3).

As for total yards, the defense has not done well but there is more to stopping the run than yards.. We have only given up 3 rushing touchdowns (2 to running backs), we did shut down Baltimore totally running the ball.  Last week after the 1st big carry, McCoy averaged around 3.5 on 16 carries.. decent job for the defense  so im not sold that we are terrible in the run department and to me Pittsburgh is the team that has to show that they are a Super Bowl contender.. what have they done over the last three years besides make the playoffs once and lose at home to Baltimore ?  
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 08:20 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think the bye week is going to help Dre and Iloka quite a bit as far as healing.    I'd rather have Dennard in there. He shows brilliant flashes and needs playing time.  

I am hoping great things for Dennard!!!  Finally seeing him when he is in there is a relief.  Go DENNARD!!
Reply/Quote