Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When We Go To Pittsburgh, Let's Make A Statement!
(10-20-2015, 11:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: VS.

Andy Dalton
Gio/J Hill
AJ Green
Marvin Jones
Tyler Eifert
Sanu/Burkhead

I don't know...it looks pretty similar to me, and I like the Bengal's offensive line vs their defense MUCH better than the other way around.

Special teams might tilt in the Bengals favor as well, with all their ST issues of late.

I think when you factor in our OL play to date, it puts our skill players over the top.  If Buffalo, Seattle, and Houston's front 4 couldn't get to Dalton, hard to think that the Steelers will.  
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:05 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I am hoping great things for Dennard!!!  Finally seeing him when he is in there is a relief.  Go DENNARD!!

Yeah, hopefully his interception in Buffalo lit a hunger for more....
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:18 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I think when you factor in our OL play to date, it puts our skill players over the top.  If Buffalo, Seattle, and Houston's front 4 couldn't get to Dalton, hard to think that the Steelers will.  

The biggest, or maybe the only real issue that I see is that their skill players excel in open space.

Our defense is at it's worst when the opposition gets into open space.

We could be in for some nightmare matchups between their O and our D.

We should be able to score on them, but their defense has been surprisingly impressive in a couple of games this year. This could end up being a shootout.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 01:38 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: ...to me Pittsburgh is the team that has to show that they are a Super Bowl contender...

And we don't? They stole the division title from us last year in broad daylight, they even called ahead to let us know they were coming to rip it off.

In any event, we are going to have to beat them 1-2 times to reach SB 50. Beating them this first time around would be HUGE.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:58 PM)djs7685 Wrote: The biggest, or maybe the only real issue that I see is that their skill players excel in open space.

Our defense is at it's worst when the opposition gets into open space.

We could be in for some nightmare matchups between their O and our D.

We should be able to score on them, but their defense has been surprisingly impressive in a couple of games this year. This could end up being a shootout.

My hope is that our D-line can get more pressure on their QB then they will be able to get on ours.  Get a lead and force them to the passing game.  Their defense might be improved, I still don't think it will be one of the best defenses we will have faced and our offense is pretty damn good.  
Reply/Quote
The Steelers will get their yards. Their offense is too stout. If the Bengals hold them to under 400 yards, I would consider it a great job. The key is the red zone. Keep them to field goals and the Bengals can win this game. They can't crap themselves if they find themselves down late in the 4th quarter. They did that last year and the Steelers took advantage.

Do you double team Brown most of the game and beat him up a bit? Bell can still run over us and Bryant can kill you deep but I think stopping Brown is key.
(Sheesh, too many "B's" on the Steelers - Ben, Brown, Bell, Bryant)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 03:07 PM)Utts Wrote: And we don't? They stole the division title from us last year in broad daylight, they even called ahead to let us know they were coming to rip it off.

In any event, we are going to have to beat them 1-2 times to reach SB 50. Beating them this first time around would be HUGE.

and what did we do to them at THEIR HOUSE IN 2012.. it was winner goings to playoffs, loser goes home and remind me who won and went to the playoffs... pause... waiting.. oh the BENGALS DID.. and the Steelers went home..... at least last year we lost at their place end of year and we were already in the playoffs... In 2012 it was for a lot more and we beat them at their place.... 
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 03:07 PM)Utts Wrote: In any event, we are going to have to beat them 1-2 times to reach SB 50. Beating them this first time around would be HUGE.

It seems like each week people say we need to win this week to be legit.  I don't know how true that is - but this next game is a really important game for us for a lot of reasons.  The most important reason being, Pittsburgh is the ONLY team standing between us and The AFC North Championship this year.  And a win in 2 weeks in their house would give us a 3 game lead, a head-to-head win, and a division win.  A 3 game lead with 9 to play would be great.  And the next time we play them would be in our house.

If we win Sunday, after starting the season 7-0 (2 Cincinnati records at the same time) - Pittsburgh could finish the last part of their season 8-0 (highly unlikely) - and we'd just have to finish 6-3 (assuming we take care of Cleveland and Baltimore in those 6).  

Slightly lower down the list, but still important, it's a conference win and another overall win against two teams in competition for our playoff seeding - New England and Denver.  All games are important to win.  But the two games we have left with Pittsburgh and the game against Denver are arguably the most important games we have left.  
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
I will state this I hate pittsburghsz!
Reply/Quote
Winning this game would be huge and give me almost 100% confidence (barring major injuries) that we will finally win a playoff game this year.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see Dawson in this game. I think he brings the mentality you need in a LB against a team like Pitt.
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 04:59 PM)Capt.Morgan Wrote: I'd like to see Dawson in this game. I think he brings the mentality you need in a LB against a team like Pitt.

That's up to his practice habits.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 09:19 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: and what did we do to them at THEIR HOUSE IN 2012.. it was winner goings to playoffs, loser goes home and remind me who won and went to the playoffs... pause... waiting.. oh the BENGALS DID.. and the Steelers went home..... at least last year we lost at their place end of year and we were already in the playoffs... In 2012 it was for a lot more and we beat them at their place.... 

Not sure what that has to do with what I said, but glad you have a good memory. Kudos!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 09:39 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: It seems like each week people say we need to win this week to be legit.  I don't know how true that is - but this next game is a really important game for us for a lot of reasons.  The most important reason being, Pittsburgh is the ONLY team standing between us and The AFC North Championship this year.  And a win in 2 weeks in their house would give us a 3 game lead, a head-to-head win, and a division win.  A 3 game lead with 9 to play would be great.  And the next time we play them would be in our house.

If we win Sunday, after starting the season 7-0 (2 Cincinnati records at the same time) - Pittsburgh could finish the last part of their season 8-0 (highly unlikely) - and we'd just have to finish 6-3 (assuming we take care of Cleveland and Baltimore in those 6).  

Slightly lower down the list, but still important, it's a conference win and another overall win against two teams in competition for our playoff seeding - New England and Denver.  All games are important to win.  But the two games we have left with Pittsburgh and the game against Denver are arguably the most important games we have left.  

Yup. Winning this game would be HUGE. It's obviously not a must win, but it's difficult to overstate just how big an advantage it would be.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 03:07 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: My hope is that our D-line can get more pressure on their QB then they will be able to get on ours.  Get a lead and force them to the passing game.  Their defense might be improved, I still don't think it will be one of the best defenses we will have faced and our offense is pretty damn good.  

My biggest concern is our defense. We are not too good at stopping the run and the Steelers have one of the top backs in the league. With Ben back in the fold they will have the one two punch our offense also has.

Its going to come down to the team who makes the fewest mistakes will win. Its going to be a very close game unless the turnovers are high.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 01:17 PM)GodFather Wrote: My biggest concern is our defense. We are not too good at stopping the run and the Steelers have one of the top backs in the league. With Ben back in the fold they will have the one two punch our offense also has.

Its going to come down to the team who makes the fewest mistakes will win. Its going to be a very close game unless the turnovers are high.

Whoever comes with the best defense and special teams will win.
Reply/Quote
The Cardinals racked up 400+ yards on the Stoolers, but they had two picks and a lost fumble. If we protect the ball, I think we win.
Reply/Quote
This game is HUGE in many regards. It's like we are Rocky Balboa and the teams we have played thus far were just stepping stones on the way to fighting Ivan Drago, in Russia. If we lose, we're only a 1/2 game up on Pittsburgh if they win against KC this week. Then we play the Browns in Prime Time on a short week. We NEED this game and I'd like a little help from KC this week. Not likely but the Steelers tend to play down to their competition.

A win will be a HUGE boost of confidence and the rest of the league will see just how real the Bengals are this year.

A win will give us much needed breathing room in the division. I'd hate to see our 6-0 start be spoiled by our division rival.

I don't think Ben will be as mobile if he is back. So pressure is gonna be key. We can't afford to let their receivers get open behind us. Bell is great but I'm more concerned about their passing attack.

On offense we need to light them up early. Andy needs some early confidence. Hill needs to get his head outta his ass so we have manageable 3rd downs.

Our guys have worked their asses off and I don't wanna see it spoiled by Shitsburgh. Seriously, F#&k Pittsburgh. F#$k them in their stupid asses. I loathe them and they need to go down.
Reply/Quote