Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When did tripping become such a big deal?
So confused on why everyone is fussing about the kid at Duke tripping people. It's a foul and he gets called for it...why does everyone want him suspended for committing fouls?

Nobody fusses in the NBA when people trip others and then get called for fouls....

Or maybe i don't get it
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 03:03 AM)basballguy Wrote: So confused on why everyone is fussing about the kid at Duke tripping people.  It's a foul and he gets called for it...why does everyone want him suspended for committing fouls?  

Nobody fusses in the NBA when people trip others and then get called for fouls....

Or maybe i don't get it

Because its dirty and you could really hurt the opposing player? The kid has done it 3 times now. 

And who is out there in the NBA  deliberately tripping people? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 03:03 AM)basballguy Wrote: So confused on why everyone is fussing about the kid at Duke tripping people.  It's a foul and he gets called for it...why does everyone want him suspended for committing fouls?  

Or maybe i don't get it

Oh... Not at all what I thought this was about...

probly since Tomlin tried tripping a raven
Reply/Quote
Tripping happens, but it's not usually so blatant, so frequent and so intentional. Players have been reprimanded before for receiving too many technicals, I don't think suspending him for too many intentional trips is too far removed from that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 10:57 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Because its dirty and you could really hurt the opposing player? The kid has done it 3 times now. 

And who is out there in the NBA  deliberately tripping people? 

gets called enough to where it seems like just another foul..... 

Though intentional tripping is enough to where it's classified as a flagrant 1 if "intentional".  

most common occurrence i can think of is  when someone is dribbling past you and you stick your knee out to keep them from going around...usually around the baseline.

The last time the dude tripped someone was LAST YEAR....

I just don't get it
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 01:48 PM)basballguy Wrote: gets called enough to where it seems like just another foul..... 

Though intentional tripping is enough to where it's classified as a flagrant 1 if "intentional".  

most common occurrence i can think of is  when someone is dribbling past you and you stick your knee out to keep them from going around...usually around the baseline.

The last time the dude tripped someone was LAST YEAR....

I just don't get it

Well, February. Last season, though.

But I think the issue is he's been prone to do it. In February, both instances were within about 2 weeks.

It's sort of like in the NFL. When a player gets a label as someone who commits the same foul repeatedly, people are quicker to condemn it.
Reply/Quote

[Image: 15665671_1070971783030308_90481287406901...e=58FA88FE]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote