Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When do you hit your panic button this draft?
This is hypothetical of course, some of you will hit your panic button, maybe most of us will depending on how the draft unfolds. Hopefully we're all happy somewhat at least and don't need the panic button.

I will hit my panic button if o-line isn't addressed by round 3. And we better be looking to address o-line again in round 4. Maybe even 5. I will be that uncomfortable if we don't go o-line at 38/69.

Also for some fun and to pass time, name your most excited moment in Bengals Draft history. And your most pissed off moment.

Most excited moment: Has to be Rey Maualuga. Second most exciting moment was Tee Higgins. Both players I was begging for out loud and they both happened. I was jumping when the selections were announced on TV lol.

Most disappointed moment: Don't hate please, I was young. Andrew Whitworth... Yeah I know. I was just more interested in the sexy picks back then and didn't know who this guy was. If I only knew at that time lol! I remember just being sour about the pick. No real reason.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I'll panic if we don't address the Defensive Line by round 2. Everyone Talks about the offensive line but forgets that our D-Line sucks.

Most excited probably the Akili Smith pick in 1999. I remember I got his jersey and everything. In my Defense I was 9.

Least excited probably the John Ross pick. Thought we should have drafted Jonathan Allen or Patrick Mahomes.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
IF we go Chase at #5, the panic button goes on if they don't take an interior lineman in round 2.

Most Excited: Carson Palmer. We were coming off a long stretch of losing and we we're still considered the worst franchise in all of pro sports. I also thought there was a chance that we would take Leftwic, so I was excited we had a franchise guy and didn't take Leftwich.

Most Disappointed: The answer for everyone is should be the Akili Smith draft. However if there was one single moment, it would be when we passed on DeCastro.
Reply/Quote
Panic: anyone not O-line at #5 followed by another non O-lineman.

Most excited: Chris Perry

Most Disappointed: Toss up Dre Kirkpatrick over Dont'a Hightower and Eifert over Ogletree.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
I want Chase in round 1, but if we don’t take OL in round two I’ll be terrified. I can see a stud DE or somebody falling that we can’t pass up, but if that’s the case we either need to try very hard to move up from our 3rd rounder or pray that a great OL falls to our 3rd rounder. If we don’t take OL by round 3 I’ll lose my mind.

I was very excited for Higgins in round 2 last year, but probably most excited about Hubbard when we stole him. I’ve been following a lot longer than that but my memory is garbage so I’m not even going to try to remember anything before then. Oh and Billings, loved him.

Very upset with the Fisher pick given our other needs. I was understanding of the Og pick at the time even though I wanted to address an actual need but Fisher smh. Wasn’t happy with Sample either but tried to keep an open mind. Was pissed about Vigil but quickly became ok with it after reading his tweets just because he amused me and nothing you can do about the pick at that point so may as well laugh and hope for the best
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 09:46 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I want Chase in round 1, but if we don’t take OL in round two I’ll be terrified. I can see a stud DE or somebody falling that we can’t pass up, but if that’s the case we either need to try very hard to move up from our 3rd rounder or pray that a great OL falls to our 3rd rounder. If we don’t take OL by round 3 I’ll lose my mind.

I was very excited for Higgins in round 2 last year, but probably most excited about Hubbard when we stole him. I’ve been following a lot longer than that but my memory is garbage so I’m not even going to try to remember anything before then. Oh and Billings, loved him.

Very upset with the Fisher pick given our other needs. I was understanding of the Og pick at the time even though I wanted to address an actual need but Fisher smh. Wasn’t happy with Sample either but tried to keep an open mind. Was pissed about Vigil but quickly become ok with it after reading his tweets just because he amused me and nothing you can do about the pick at that point so may as well laugh and hope for the best
I almost jump thru the roof, when we landed Hubbard. He was never in any conversation pertaining to us taking him. 
As to the OP, I'm not a person who panics.

Most excited: Big Daddy
Most Disappointed: Chris Perry
Reply/Quote
No oline by round 3. The morons in the front office are gonna go chase. And I need an edge rusher in two best guard center in the 3 best guard in 4 then Alaric Jackson later maybe round 6.

Most exciting moment was probably last year when we made a decent splash in FA.

Worst moment was clearly the Burfict pack man and Jeremy hill shit show in the playoff game against the Steelers

Orrrrrrrrrrrr maybe the Ross pick over honestly anyone else....wanted foster...and were still looking for a linebacker
Reply/Quote
I’ll panic if we don’t go OL by the end of day 2. I’ll be worried if we haven’t by pick #38.

Most excited I’ve ever been over a draft pick was Carson Palmer. Between him and Chad, they’re the main reason I stopped being completely indifferent towards the Bengals. I was much more of a Reds fan growing up, but those two players really put the Bengals on the map. I started following the team closely after they drafted Palmer.

Most disappointed? It’s probably a case of recency bias, but maybe Billy Price? Frank Ragnow going one pick before him was such a gut punch.

Reply/Quote
Most excited: Dalton, knew we were going Green but also knew we needed to get a level headed no nonsense QB after the Palmer circus and that started the best playoff run in our history

Most disappointed: Pete Koch 1984

Panic button will start if we chose Chase, our success of late finding a quality Oline in 2nd round is not good and with the run on Oline expected in 1st round will have me worried
Reply/Quote
Not happy: Chase over Sewell
Ticked: No o-line in round 2 and/or Bateman and Marshall available in round 2, and we went with Chase at 5.

Most excited: I was stoked when we got Dalton in round 2 because I wanted to trade up for him. Was also pumped about Maualuga and Dennis Weathersby. As a kid I was most hyped by Ki-Jana Carter.

But I gotta admit...I was more excited to get Joe Burrow than any pick we've made in my 30 years as a fan. Still can't believe we got that guy.

Most disappointed: I honestly don't get mad about the draft very often, but I know I didn't like when we double dipped on Tackles at the top of the draft in 2015.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Most excited draft picks: Carson Palmer, AJ Green, Andrew Billings

Head scratchers: John Ross, Cedric Ogbuehi, Ki Jana Carter
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 09:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I almost jump thru the roof, when we landed Hubbard. He was never in any conversation pertaining to us taking him. 
As to the OP, I'm not a person who panics.

Most excited: Big Daddy
Most Disappointed: Chris Perry

Ohio State Homer much?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 08:41 PM)J24 Wrote: I'll panic if we don't address the Defensive Line by round 2. Everyone Talks about the offensive line but forgets that our D-Line sucks.

Most excited probably the Akili Smith pick in 1999. I remember I got his jersey and everything. In my Defense I was 9.

Least excited probably the John Ross pick. Thought we should have drafted Jonathan Allen or Patrick Mahomes.

With Reader, Ogunjobi, Hubbard, and Hendrickson, the D-line isn't as big of a need as other position groups on this team. And they get Tupou back who opted out last season. They will need to draft and edge rusher at some point, but I don't think that happens before round 3 or 4.
Reply/Quote
I will panic if O-line isn't addressed by round 2.

Most exciting draft moment: Joe Burrow.

Most disappointing draft moment: Ogbuehi. Drafted a guy coming off an ACL tear that wasn't a need at the time.
Reply/Quote
Panic button- if we don’t get OL&DL by round 3.

Most excited- probably drafting Carson Palmer

Most pissed- while agree with the Akili Smith frustration, I’m going with the Jerome Simpson pick in rd 2. I damn near broke my hand punching the wall while walking outside after it was announced. God I hated that pick. Could have picked him later in that draft and I would have been fine with it.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 09:04 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Panic button- if we don’t get OL&DL by round 3.

Most excited- probably drafting Carson Palmer

Most pissed- while agree with the Akili Smith frustration, I’m going with the Jerome Simpson pick in rd 2. I damn near broke my hand punching the wall while walking outside after it was announced. God I hated that pick. Could have picked him later in that draft and I would have been fine with it.

That should have been in my most pissed damn it! I remember being so mad at the Simpson pick lol
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 08:33 AM)Fullrock Wrote: With Reader, Ogunjobi, Hubbard, and Hendrickson, the D-line isn't as big of a need as other position groups on this team. And they get Tupou back who opted out last season. They will need to draft and edge rusher at some point, but I don't think that happens before round 3 or 4.

We were dead last in sacks and TFLs last season! It's a big need especially over a #3 WR.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 01:47 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Most excited draft picks:  Carson Palmer, AJ Green, Andrew Billings

Head scratchers:  John Ross, Cedric Ogbuehi, Ki Jana Carter

have to ask why Carter?  because we traded up for him ? he was dominate, 2nd in Heisman, 23 tds senior year, consensus all american.. and we needed a RB .  Getting hurt after the fact does not impact the draft pick especially since he was healthy in college. 
Reply/Quote
Panic button - Anyone other than Sewell/Chase/Pitts at 5, or trading back so we miss out on one of these three.

Most excited - When we traded up to draft KiJana 1OA; I thought he was going to be the greatest RB ever to play the game (ended my NFL scouting career then and there ...). Honorable mention to when Burfict wasn't drafted and we signed him in FA -- I had been screaming for him in 5, 6, and 7.

Most disappointed - It used to be the annual post-draft announcement that all first-round picks had been signed except for the Bengals' pick, who was the lone holdout ... but the rookie wage scale fixed that. Now it's recurring scenario when the Bengals announce a pick and all the announcers look at each other and say "Who?" Followed by no video highlights and the inevitable "I had him mocked 4 rounds later" or "I didn't even have him listed as a draftable player" and trying to make up something about a player they know nothing about ... E.g., Simpson, Drew Sample, James Wright, Sean Brewer, Dashaun Davis, Freddy Brown, Steve Shine.
Reply/Quote
My panic button depends on rd 1. I’m perfectly fine with chase, Sewell, Pitts or trading back. Let’s assume for this discussion they take chase. I hit the panic button if no ol or edge rusher is taken by our third pick.

My biggest surprise moment was trading up for kijana carter.

My biggest disappointment was not taking the saints trade for all their picks to get Ricky Williams do we could take akili

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote