Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
When the Bengals Won the AFC Title, What Was Your Immediate Reaction?
How did you react?  Wild celebration?  Silent Jubilation?   Were you reflective and/or introspective?  Too overcome with emotion to say or do much of anything?   Tears?   Bittersweet moment because someone couldn't enjoy the moment with you?

What was it like for you when it hit you--- we are AFC Champions ?!?!?   One of my favorite reactions was that of a man watching from his home and holding his newborn child. When the kick went through, he raised his fist above his head and looked to the heavens. Looked back down, smiling, full of emotion, bent forward and placed a tender kiss on the forehead of his newborn. Never said a word. He didn't have to.

Here's probably my favorite of all the compilation of fan reactions I have seen. This is one i hadn't seen until a few minutes ago. WOW... You can just feel 33 years of pain and heartache just oozing out of these people from the depths of their souls. It's both cathartic and heartbreaking to watch. There is a fine line between pleasure and pain. You can see reflections of both in so many of these people.

ENJOY ...

https://youtu.be/QdTVVTvKPAo
Reply/Quote
I went full Trey Hendrickson. Silent, smiling, spent.

What's brilliant to me is mine came after decades of energy, hope and belief invested with so much pent up demand for success.

Trey has come to this team for the first time, without all that baggage, and delivered a full and sustained effort all the same, all in one go.

We've been holding out for the right heroes to take us to the mountaintop, and we're at cruising altitude with them now. Let's stick this landing!

God Save the Queen City 
Reply/Quote
I'm ecstatic about being AFC Champions. Thought I would never get to see that. But I was more excited after winning the home playoff game vs the Raiders. It had been 31 freaking years!! I thought I might never see that happen again in my life.

For me the Division Round and AFC Championship Games were more of a "glad to be here" and just supported my team through the ups and downs of the games.

But my excitement will be through the roof during the Super Bowl. You don't know if the Bengals will ever be back there. Dan Marino and Aaron Rodgers only got 1 Super Bowl appearance in their careers. At least Rodgers got his ring.

Joe Burrow should be setup for several years to continue to compete for the Lombardi, but look at the gauntlet of the future AFC with Mahomes, Josh Allen, Herbert, Lamar Jackson and potentially Mac Jones and Trevor Lawrence. When you get to the dance, you have to capitalize on it!
Reply/Quote
I screamed then cried

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I waited until Wednesday to make sure there were no flags and that it was actually real, then celebrated with a rewatch to make double certain it happened.
Reply/Quote
That was definitely the best of the "fan celebration" videos I saw. How did they get that music to synch up with everything like that? It also shows that both teams lucked out with the weather, which was gorgeous that day. The stadium shots showed many people coat-less. For myself, it seemed so surreal all I could do was stare at the TV in silent disbelief.
Reply/Quote
I still haven’t totally brought it home. I know we won. I know we are going to the SB. Yet it all still feels like a dream. Shocked may be the better word.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Huge relief, like taking a big dump.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I just yelled, “Bengals win! Who’s next?”

Then, spent emotionally, I just sat back in my chair silently; I can’t lie. I shed some happy tears. A few seconds later my phone started blowing up with texts. BZZ! More tears and smiles. BZZ! BZZ! The texts were from friends, family, and coworkers. Even Cleveland Browns fans I know were happy an Ohio team was in the Super Bowl. BZZ!

This feels even better than 1982 or 1989.

My final thought was concern for Larry Ogunjobi and CJ Uzomah. Those men got the Bengals there.

Then I got online to read reactions from all the talking heads who picked Kansas City. I must confess to great satisfaction watching them choke on their predictions.
Reply/Quote
Screaming my throat near bloody.
Reply/Quote
I was (still am?) in shock.
My wife screamed and jumped up at the end of the game while her idiot husband just stared at the TV in disbelieve. I definitely have some Bengals PTSD from decades of losing.
Reply/Quote
In the 1st half I was disheartened, and thought "oh well I'm going to just enjoy this game. I got to watch my team play an extra week" After the stop before half, I had little hope, but more than before. As we came back little by little 2nd half my excitement increased slowly. I began hitting my couch with my two hands playing a fast drum roll after every play (think of the sound a running horse makes). I thought the drum roll was good luck. Finally, when Bell got the interception. After a few plays and first downs, I just couldn't contain my emotions and started to cry. I felt at the moment we were going to win the game. I tried so hard to wait until after the score, but I just couldn't. My emotions got the best of me. Then when we finally scored, pure happiness.
Reply/Quote
Me, my wife, and our friends were all jumping up and down yelling. I can't remember if there was a who-dey chant or just general screaming.
Reply/Quote
Screamed yes like 10x while jumping up and down. Then cried from the overwhelming emotion.

Stayed in mild shock for hours.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 11:59 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Screaming my throat near bloody.

Same here, my throat hurt the next morning.  

I was like damn, I have Covid... No wait, my Bengals won the AFC championship game last night!!!

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 03:31 AM)Science Friction Wrote: How did you react?  Wild celebration?  Silent Jubilation?   Were you reflective and/or introspective?  Too overcome with emotion to say or do much of anything?   Tears?   Bittersweet moment because someone couldn't enjoy the moment with you?

What was it like for you when it hit you--- we are AFC Champions ?!?!?   One of my favorite reactions was that of a man watching from his home and holding his newborn child. When the kick went through, he raised his fist above his head and looked to the heavens. Looked back down, smiling, full of emotion, bent forward and placed a tender kiss on the forehead of his newborn. Never said a word. He didn't have to.

Here's probably my favorite of all the compilation of fan reactions I have seen. This is one i hadn't seen until a few minutes ago.  WOW... You can just feel 33 years of pain and heartache just oozing out of these people from the depths of their souls.  It's both cathartic and heartbreaking to watch. There is a fine line between pleasure and pain. You can see reflections of both in so many of these people.

ENJOY ...

https://youtu.be/QdTVVTvKPAo

Yelled, hugged, maybe cried a little....did snow angels in a t-shirt and shorts, poured Jack Daniels down my buddies throat while he made a snow angel, ran naked down the street.  

And once I calmed down...I realized there was another game to watch.  A part of me wanted SF because I thought they were a better matchup and the Bengals could pay them back for one, but then realized I would rather have the Rams.  The 49ers, I am guessing, have way more fans due to their history and never having moved.  The 49ers are also "unconventional".  

So, I watched the Rams eek it out and sat there and realized I would have to wait two weeks for the game....and the anxiety started growing. 

I have (seriously) been praying for ages that the Bengals win a Super Bowl while my dad is here to celebrate it with me.  He is in great health, but at 88 years of age, I know he could be taken from me quickly.  I have seen posts from many on here that lost a parent recently, and my heart aches for all of you.  My dad is my best friend.  That isn't meant to imply that he was a friend and not a parent growing up.  He was hard on me.  He was VERY hard on me.  Now, I am so grateful for his lessons all my life and we always watch the games together.  Dad still comes to my draft parties and has some bourbon with the boys and tells stories that have my friends dying.  

Just one time (of course I will ask for more after they win!), I want my dad and me to experience the Super Bowl win.  After all the years cheering together.  It would be incredible.  It WILL BE incredible.  
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 01:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Screamed yes like 10x while jumping up and down. Then cried from the overwhelming emotion.

Stayed in mild shock for hours.

I think I'm still in shock because I feel too calm.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 01:32 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yelled, hugged, maybe cried a little....did snow angels in a t-shirt and shorts, poured Jack Daniels down my buddies throat while he made a snow angel, ran naked down the street.  

And once I calmed down...I realized there was another game to watch.  A part of me wanted SF because I thought they were a better matchup and the Bengals could pay them back for one, but then realized I would rather have the Rams.  The 49ers, I am guessing, have way more fans due to their history and never having moved.  The 49ers are also "unconventional".  

So, I watched the Rams eek it out and sat there and realized I would have to wait two weeks for the game....and the anxiety started growing. 

I have (seriously) been praying for ages that the Bengals win a Super Bowl while my dad is here to celebrate it with me.  He is in great health, but at 88 years of age, I know he could be taken from me quickly.  I have seen posts from many on here that lost a parent recently, and my heart aches for all of you.  My dad is my best friend.  That isn't meant to imply that he was a friend and not a parent growing up.  He was hard on me.  He was VERY hard on me.  Now, I am so grateful for his lessons all my life and we always watch the games together.  Dad still comes to my draft parties and has some bourbon with the boys and tells stories that have my friends dying.  

Just one time (of course I will ask for more after they win!), I want my dad and me to experience the Super Bowl win.  After all the years cheering together.  It would be incredible.  It WILL BE incredible.  

I was wondering how many just got naked and started running down the street like Forrest Gump.  I so wanted to to go to Kroger, wearing just a Joe Schiesty  mask, and run around the frozen food aisles a couple of times. I really did. Then I got to thinking I may be in the pokey come time for the Superbowl and would miss being able to watch the game. I did go get some frozen veggies after the game but I kept the Bengals' mask off and the clothes on. 
Reply/Quote
My son and I were at Arrowhead so of course we went ballistic! Lots of Bengos around us too which made it even more special. Unfortunately we couldn’t stay long or else we’d have been left to walk back.
Reply/Quote
Ric flair would've been proud of all the "WHOOOOOOOO's!" People we're shooting off fireworks all over the neighborhood. More and more fireworks with each playoff win. If we win the Superbowl, I'm afraid they might burn this ***** to the ground!
Reply/Quote