Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
When the Bengals Won the AFC Title, What Was Your Immediate Reaction?
I ran around the neighborhood killing people with an ax! It was the biggest mass murder with an ax the world has ever seen and no cops have even been by.. They new it was a superbowl thing..  ThumbsUp

Actually not a whole lot.. I may have slapped my leg then went  and told the Mrs.. She's slowly become a football fan of the Bengals and feels overly protective of Joe Burrow as if she's personally responsible for his well being.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I did not see the ending live because of the Golden Girls marathon on TBS, but when I checked the score on my phone I immediately popped open an ice-cold Coca Cola. Drank it straight from the glass bottle. Just like back in '88. Nothing tastes better. That is one thing that has not changed.
Reply/Quote
I knew the kick was for the game, but when it went through I took a second thinking, is that it? Then I high fived, hugged, and kissed my wife who has been my Cinergy/PBS seatmate for 30 years.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 11:54 PM)Roland Wrote: I knew the kick was for the game, but when it went through I took a second thinking, is that it?  Then I high fived, hugged, and kissed my wife who has been my Cinergy/PBS seatmate for 30 years.

That's awesome!!!
Reply/Quote
I just couldn't believe what I just watched. I mean our D was exhausted and they came up with a pick. Then Mixon just went off. I was stunned. I just kept looking at my son, looking at the TV. Is this happening? Then Money Mac boots it thru and it was like a weight was lifted off Cincinnati sports.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Just watched the replay just then. Teared up again. So good.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 02:27 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I was wondering how many just got naked and started running down the street like Forrest Gump.  I so wanted to to go to Kroger, wearing just a Joe Schiesty  mask, and run around the frozen food aisles a couple of times. I really did. Then I got to thinking I may be in the pokey come time for the Superbowl and would miss being able to watch the game. I did go get some frozen veggies after the game but I kept the Bengals' mask off and the clothes on. 

My GF knew I did it the other two playoff wins, so she said that I needed to do it to keep the "streak" going.  I obliged. 

The Raider game I was at a cabin in Hocking Hills and ran outside in the cold.  

The Titan game I just ran around in my back yard, but I was alone as my son got Covid and I was quarantining.  

The Chiefs game, I had company and after they left, I ran about 1/8 mile down the street and back.  I live on a cul-de-sac and it is very quiet but I was yelling and carrying my Bengal's bourbon sipping cup, yelling, spilling, and drinking as I ran.  The only problem was my neighbors, Chris and Carl were out walking the other direction of the street.  So, I passed them on the way back to the house.  I was running pretty fast (for me) and I heard Chris laughing and she yelled "lock your doors!".  They are super nice people and just laughed at me.  
Reply/Quote
Gave my son a hug, welled up a few tears but really the whole thing felt surreal. Mike Brown on stage accepting the Lamar Hunt trophy? I just tried to soak it in. 30 years I've watched other teams up on that stage celebrating and I wondered if it would ever be our turn to see our team up there. And when it finally happened in such an unexpected manner, I just couldn't fully wrap my head around it.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 02:00 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: My GF knew I did it the other two playoff wins, so she said that I needed to do it to keep the "streak" going.  I obliged. 

The Raider game I was at a cabin in Hocking Hills and ran outside in the cold.  

The Titan game I just ran around in my back yard, but I was alone as my son got Covid and I was quarantining.  

The Chiefs game, I had company and after they left, I ran about 1/8 mile down the street and back.  I live on a cul-de-sac and it is very quiet but I was yelling and carrying my Bengal's bourbon sipping cup, yelling, spilling, and drinking as I ran.  The only problem was my neighbors, Chris and Carl were out walking the other direction of the street.  So, I passed them on the way back to the house.  I was running pretty fast (for me) and I heard Chris laughing and she yelled "lock your doors!".  They are super nice people and just laughed at me.  

LOVE IT!!!!

I'm definitely gonna do it if we win the Superbowl. I'll have to be careful in my subdivision, though. There is a state trooper that lives just a few houses down.   I hope he's a Bengals' fan.   Nervous
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 02:39 PM)Science Friction Wrote: LOVE IT!!!!

I'm definitely gonna do it if we win the Superbowl. I'll have to be careful in my subdivision, though. There is a state trooper that lives just a few houses down.   I hope he's a Bengals' fan.   Nervous

At this point, after the Bengals win the Super Bowl, I think my neighbors will be expecting it.  I don't want to disappoint them... Hilarious

Although I really hope no one has video equipment.  
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 03:00 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: At this point, after the Bengals win the Super Bowl, I think my neighbors will be expecting it.  I don't want to disappoint them... Hilarious

Although I really hope no one has video equipment.  

I'm thinking about going "all out" with one quick run through in Kroger. I don't know if Kroger will still be open by the time the game ends. They close at 10 pm here. If anyone hears a story on the news about a guy displaying his balls in the seafood department at Kroger, just know that you were given a heads up.
Reply/Quote