Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the hell is our parade?
(06-22-2016, 11:04 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Headlines in February 2017:

CUBS WIN THE WORLD SERIES, FOLLOWED BY THE BENGALS WINNING THE SUBERBOWL???

WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK??

Of all the sports franchises, being a Cubs fan has to be the hardest of all.  Last WS champion 1908, last WS appearance 1945.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 10:43 PM)Shady Wrote: Before there was a Cincinnati Bengals franchise, I was a Browns fan. I switched immediately, of course. I used to be a Cincinnati Royals fan, too, before they moved to KC and later Sacramento. As far as I'm concerned, the Cavs are Ohio's team in the NBA. Lebron came back to bring a championship to that dying city. I've got alot of respect for Lebron, but he's still not as good as Jordan. When the Cavs win 5 or 6 rings, we can talk.

Man..you gotta quit making me feel old.. I remember the Royals too. I was a kid and wanted to watch them, but my dad was ticked off at management and wouldn't let me watch them on the TV in our house..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 05:39 PM)jason Wrote: I think Scottie Pippen is....

People act like he rode Jordan's coattails. In the season and a half Jordan was gone, Pippen was an MVP caliber player. He could guard 4 positions back then, and in today's league, he could guard all 5.... and shut you down.
To me Lebron is most like Scotty ( but much more explosive). Pippen was definitely underrated and was the defacto Point Guard on those teams. Without him they don't win 6 titles.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2016, 01:30 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Of all the sports franchises, being a Cubs fan has to be the hardest of all.  Last WS champion 1908, last WS appearance 1945.

Knowing how sports fans operate, Cubs fans hold that World Series title over fans of teams like the Brewers, who have 0 titles.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 05:39 PM)jason Wrote: I think Scottie Pippen is....

People act like he rode Jordan's coattails. In the season and a half Jordan was gone, Pippen was an MVP caliber player. He could guard 4 positions back then, and in today's league, he could guard all 5.... and shut you down.

Nothing against Scottie, i am with you, i think he is very underrated. He was even good in his later years in Portland
who is my favorite basketball team. Loved it when they had Pippen, Steve Smith, Rasheed Wallace, Brian Grant,
Sabonis etc. Deep damn team that one was...

(06-23-2016, 05:45 PM)jason Wrote: I just met him last week too

Thats pretty damn cool Jason, pretty damn cool. Rock On

(06-25-2016, 09:11 AM)John Shaft Wrote: Most have Oscar in their top 5-10 ALL TIME NBA Greats ! The Big O's AVERAGING A TRIPLE DOUBLE for an entire season will never be matched.

Precisely why he is the most underrated basketball player of all time to me.

He could do it all.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 10:43 PM)Shady Wrote: Before there was a Cincinnati Bengals franchise, I was a Browns fan. I switched immediately, of course. I used to be a Cincinnati Royals fan, too, before they moved to KC and later Sacramento. As far as I'm concerned, the Cavs are Ohio's team in the NBA. Lebron came back to bring a championship to that dying city. I've got alot of respect for Lebron, but he's still not as good as Jordan. When the Cavs win 5 or 6 rings, we can talk.

Its not all about rings. I agree Jordan was better, but the whole rings argument is just dumb. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Also, I just want to throw this out there:

Technically, I think I am one of the more oppressed Cincinnati fans on this board. I am in the 28-33 year old demographic. Not old enough to remember any of the Reds championships, Bengals Super Bowl appearances, or Bearcats Final Four appearances. I am part of the oldest living Cincinnati fans that have not seen a winner.

So, feel bad for me everyone. Feel very bad. Smirk
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Believe it or not but the Cavs are the only Ohio NBA team so this was a win for all of Ohio not just Cleveland, I'm happy the Cavs won as I am a Cavs fan
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2016, 05:05 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Also, I just want to throw this out there:

Technically, I think I am one of the more oppressed Cincinnati fans on this board. I am in the 28-33 year old demographic. Not old enough to remember any of the Reds championships, Bengals Super Bowl appearances, or Bearcats Final Four appearances. I am part of the oldest living Cincinnati fans that have not seen a winner.

So, feel bad for me everyone. Feel very bad.  Smirk

Hmm, every year don't we debate whether we'd like to make the playoffs every year or win it all and then go 4-12?  Some folks could say you lived during the great Bengals dynasty even if we never win again.
Reply/Quote
I missed all the sofa fires in Columbus when OSU won the national championship. I had just moved down here to Columbia. The hardest part for me was learning to write ia instead of us at the end of Columb.. A good friend of mine is a security guard in Columbus.. he had fun putting up with drunk college kids..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Dean Ambrose just said he was sad he didn't get a parade on Raw Monday....

Maybe it was a hint.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 08:32 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I just now saw some of the pictures from the parade. I won't lie, I'm green as green.  I can only imagine the joy.

I root for the Cavs, but they are a very distant fourth to the Bengals (1, and 2nd is a mile away), Reds, and Buckeyes.  

Just once, while my father is around to celebrate it with me (he's 84 and still goes to every home game with me and our cheap asses walk a mile from $6 parking), I really want to celebrate a Bengal's Super Bowl victory.  
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2016, 08:09 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I root for the Cavs, but they are a very distant fourth to the Bengals (1, and 2nd is a mile away), Reds, and Buckeyes.  

Just once, while my father is around to celebrate it with me (he's 84 and still goes to every home game with me and our cheap asses walk a mile from $6 parking), I really want to celebrate a Bengal's Super Bowl victory.  

Where is the Crew and the Blue Jackets lol
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2016, 08:09 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I root for the Cavs, but they are a very distant fourth to the Bengals (1, and 2nd is a mile away), Reds, and Buckeyes.  

Given the age of the franchise, there are a lot of Day 1 fans who are getting up there in years and deserve a Lombardi before they shuffle off this mortal coil.  Here's hoping your Dad, those of his generation and the rest of us get to celebrate one lousy SB Championship before we all lie moldering in the grave.

(07-05-2016, 05:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Where is the Crew and the Blue Jackets lol

Sounds like he already has enough futility in his life, like me.  I need to just band-wagon on to some team in another sport, something where I have instant success.  I'm not a soccer fan, but does Manchester United still win everything? Who'es good in the WNBA?    
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2016, 08:13 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Who'es good in the WNBA?    

The team with the best fundamentals. That's all that league is about.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 04:17 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The team with the best fundamentals. That's all that league is about.

i couldn't tell you 1 team name from that league.

they need to make the lingerie bowl into a league.....

female football would kill the nfl in ratings I believe.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 04:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i couldn't tell you 1 team name from that league.

they need to make the lingerie bowl into a league.....

female football would kill the nfl in ratings I believe.

You mean this?

http://www.lflus.com/
Reply/Quote