Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When will Christians Figure It Out?
(09-07-2017, 11:55 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I thought most of his opposition was screaming that he was Muslim? And demanding a birth certificate? So which is it, Christian or Muslim?

It's hard to keep up with the hyperbole.

I never said he was a Muslim. I have long said he was an atheist checking all the boxes by going to church. Probably why he choose an extreme church because it was more about ideas than God.
(09-07-2017, 07:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I never said he was a Muslim.   I have long said he was an atheist checking all the boxes by going to church.   Probably why he choose an extreme church because it was more about ideas than God.

And I never claimed that you did.  The way I remember Obamas period of time in office (and his campaign leading up to it) was that of his opposition either complaining that he was secretly Muslim or later when shown that he was attending church, it was an "extreme church".

Sometimes I think you just spout shit with out even knowing what it means (nor do the rest of us), but hey it sounds good.  And nobody can dispute it because no one else Knows what the **** it means either.
Man, my iPad and the Internet has been crazy the past couple of days, I apologize for that. I also want to apologize to Richman as well.

Now, this thread is directed towards the older generation who was taught that interracial marriage is not ok by their parents and the church. The only way you can change their minds, show them the error of their ways is by showing them they are wrong by using the book that some preacher, pastor, minister or whatever used to teach them.

I know many Christians over the age of 50 who once believed interracial marriage was a sin because they were taught that. Now they will tell you that interracial marriage may not be a sin and that it don't go against God but they will say it causes problems not only for the couple but for any children the couple may have.

It's not about interpretation either, i don't see how anyone can not see it.

The problem is the teacher who knows what they are teaching is wrong but because that teacher is racist, they pull those who trust them to hell. Pastors, ministers, priests, preachers or whoever need their congregation to hold them to certain standards, to check everything the teach or preach on.

Ok, I'm all over the place here.

What brought this thread on though is I was talking with a kid the other day who said that it is a sin for a black man or woman to marry a white man or woman. I asked him if it was only black and white or if it was all races like Asian and black, white and middle eastern, what? He just said that there was to be no race mixing.

This was a kid about 20 years old and I promptly showed him he was wrong.

Sorry for the rant
(09-08-2017, 03:58 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: And I never claimed that you did.  The way I remember Obamas period of time in office (and his campaign leading up to it) was that of his opposition either complaining that he was secretly Muslim or later when shown that he was attending church, it was an "extreme church".

Sometimes I think you just spout shit with out even knowing what it means (nor do the rest of us), but hey it sounds good.  And nobody can dispute it because no one else Knows what the **** it means either.

Well I think we can all agree Jeremiah Wright is an extreme pastor. If we are being honest.
(09-08-2017, 05:13 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Man, my iPad and the Internet has been crazy the past couple of days, I apologize for that. I also want to apologize to Richman as well.

Now, this thread is directed towards the older generation who was taught that interracial marriage is not ok by their parents and the church. The only way you can change their minds, show them the error of their ways is by showing them they are wrong by using the book that some preacher, pastor, minister or whatever used to teach them.

I know many Christians over the age of 50 who once believed interracial marriage was a sin because they were taught that. Now they will tell you that interracial marriage may not be a sin and that it don't go against God but they will say it causes problems not only for the couple but for any children the couple may have.

It's not about interpretation either, i don't see how anyone can not see it.

The problem is the teacher who knows what they are teaching is wrong but because that teacher is racist, they pull those who trust them to hell. Pastors, ministers, priests, preachers or whoever need their congregation to hold them to certain standards, to check everything the teach or preach on.

Ok, I'm all over the place here.

What brought this thread on though is I was talking with a kid the other day who said that it is a sin for a black man or woman to marry a white man or woman. I asked him if it was only black and white or if it was all races like Asian and black, white and middle eastern, what? He just said that there was to be no race mixing.

This was a kid about 20 years old and I promptly showed him he was wrong.

Sorry for the rant

No apologies needed, I can tell from your posts, that you're an ok dude.  I apologize if I came off on the wrong foot it was not my intention.  I understood that your objective was to inform fellow Christians that interracial marriage is Ok. And I applaud you for that.  I think I just get frustrated with people that should understand something but don't because of religious beliefs.  
(09-08-2017, 05:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well I think we can all agree Jeremiah Wright is an extreme pastor.   If we are being honest.

It's been a while since he's been brought up.  Remind me why he's an extreme pastor.
(09-08-2017, 05:13 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Pastors, ministers, priests, preachers or whoever need their congregation to hold them to certain standards, to check everything the teach or preach on.

Not just churches, but, yes, no leader should be above questioning. I wish so many congregations would not just blindly follow their pastor. Yes, the pastors are their spiritual guides, but they are NOT infallible and their interpretations can be mistaken. As such, it is one of the congregations responsibilities to hold their pastors to account. Even Jesus accepted rebuke.

Matthew 15:21-28 Wrote:21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”
24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”
25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.
26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”
27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”
28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-09-2017, 03:18 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: It's been a while since he's been brought up.  Remind me why he's an extreme pastor.

IIRC, it's because he blamed America's sins for the terrorist attack on 9/11.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-09-2017, 03:18 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: It's been a while since he's been brought up.  Remind me why he's an extreme pastor.

Anti American, anti white, and anti Israel for starters.

No different than the westboro Baptist church being anti gay.

Both are trying to use scriptures to back their hate.

Same way Islam preachers use Hadith's to preach their hate.
(09-09-2017, 10:16 AM)PhilHos Wrote: IIRC, it's because he blamed America's sins for the terrorist attack on 9/11.

Could be, I don't remember. If so, then half the spiritual "leaders" right now are in the same boat. I just read something Friday where ken Hamm was blaming flooding and hurricanes on americas sins.

Which was weird, because his tweet didn't mention anything about selling his theme park to a nonprofit for attempted profit, or just the increase in flooding since his ark parl.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-09-2017, 10:12 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Not just churches, but, yes, no leader should be above questioning. I wish so many congregations would not just blindly follow their pastor. Yes, the pastors are their spiritual guides, but they are NOT infallible and their interpretations can be mistaken. As such, it is one of the congregations responsibilities to hold their pastors to account. Even Jesus accepted rebuke.

I agree wholeheartedly.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]