Bloody Monday
He makes it to 22
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
When will Zac be fired?
(05-07-2021, 08:30 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

See..

If zac can do that. Then he can get us some wins.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 06:38 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I would be so happy about this.  I really don't want to see another wasted season.  My confidence level is Zac is really, really low.  But I am hoping he finds his rhythm (and playcalling) this year and finally gets it under control.  I'd be thrilled to be wrong about him. 

Yeah... I have basically zero confidence in him, but I don't wanna be Mr. I Kept Tellin' You So. I'd rather be happy than right. Here's to hoping he's been hamstrung by a terrible line and getting his feet wet.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 08:22 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Love your positive outlook. Nothing like wishing for someone to fail. I believe Zac Taylor will have a good deal of success here in Cincinnati. He is not just rebuilding a team but as well rebuilding a culture. I prefer to wish him luck rather than aimlessly hope for his failure.

It's really as much an open ended question as a negative one--how you're looking at it--where you could easily say, "i think he wins 10 games and competes for a playoff berth", instead of assuming it's from a negative standpoint and posting as you did. 

All i'm saying is, where does the negativity start and where does it stop?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 05:03 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Aye ok then.
Our FO and especially Mike Brown doesn't fire a HC and considering it was Kate, Troy & Duke that hired Zac. They will not fire him unless the players start turning against him and the players all seem to really like him

If we have a 3rd losing season in a row with ZT he and all the players who are happy with him need to go.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 06:35 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why the **** do we continually have threads like this shit on here? 
Got people talking on a slow day didn't it?
(05-07-2021, 08:22 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Love your positive outlook. Nothing like wishing for someone to fail. I believe Zac Taylor will have a good deal of success here in Cincinnati. He is not just rebuilding a team but as well rebuilding a culture. I prefer to wish him luck rather than aimlessly hope for his failure.

Lol it's message board stop taking it so seriously
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 06:45 PM)Benton Wrote: Sure. Tobin drafts bad for the last decade and suddenly got better.

Mellow

Having high picks helps, sure, but we also had high picks and took guys like John Ross. Recently. 

They've said multiple times the draft involves everybody. That's part of why we had several good years of drafting with a mostly intact staff, then several years of bad drafting as we had different staff.

If people like the last two drafts, they like what Zac is doing. He's rebuilding a team that had a bunch of garbage on it. That's part of what head coaches do.

Personally, I think he's locked himself into at least two more years based on draft talent alone 
Duke drafted an All Pro the year before Zac arrived. Zac has very little to do with it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If he's going to get fired this season then I would say December 1st.
Reply/Quote

Meh, I'd argue that being overly positive about a guy who has given us two of our worst seasons in decades is rebuilding our culture into something that ain't worth building.

I'll wish ZT luck in 2021, but I also wished the guy luck in 2019 and 2020, so maybe some reverse psychology would pay off this time?  
Reply/Quote
Just remember Mike Brown owns this team,and we all know his history.Zac wasn’t ready for a head coaching job.We all know that.But he is a smart guy,and he’s learning on the job.I honestly do think he’s improved a little bit.Now the stage is set.We’ll see what he can do with it.If his OL coach can put together an above average OL then this team is definitely going to win some games this season,and might even be better than you think.I voted he makes it to 22.I hope he turns out to be a good head coach.What dedicated Bengals Fan wouldn’t want to see that happen?
Reply/Quote
He better do something because he built Joe Brady’s dream team. And if that guy gets a decent season out of Darnold he is going to be a HC
Reply/Quote
Unless the team goes 0-16, Zac will be back in 2022.

Unless we have any injuries at all. Then 0-16 will be fully justified.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 11:17 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He better do something because he built Joe Brady’s dream team. And if that guy gets a decent season out of Darnold he is going to be a HC

Yep, Burrow's future as a Bengal could hedge on bringing back Zac (if less than 7 wins) and Brady goes elsewhere.  
Reply/Quote
I know earlier in the offseason Jay Morrison mentioned that if the Bengals start the first quarter of the season slow that he could see the Bengals pulling the plug on Zac. I was thinking it'd be more of a bye week thing to give Simmons a little more time to implement himself, but I could easily see the team giving Zac the whole season barring a catastrophic meltdown in the locker room.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
ZT will be here the whole year and probably more after this one.

He has rebuilt the whole team in 2 years. Many core players have spoken publicly about how much they enjoy playing for him. Most importantly that list includes Burrow.

They need to get the injured players healthy.

Talented players have been added in FA and the draft.

They have improved the coaching staff

All this has been accomplished in 2 years under ZT. We are a much more talented team then when ZT came on board. For the first time in awhile we have a future. In 2 years it’s been out with the old in with the new. We have a foundation that can grow and compete. Is the job done? No! But we are in much better position.

ZT was brought in with the mission to rebuild this team. I give him a A for that. Now is the time to move up the standings. His 1st season netted us Burrow. The release of aging vets got us cap space. Last year without all the injuries we probably at least win 6 games. This team is moving in the right direction. If this team wins 8 games or more this year which is possible ZT will have earned a extension. We have the coach and QB that can get the team to where we all want it to go. The future is brighter now then it has been in years.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor appears to be a very smart human being but the jury is still out on whether or not he is a smart head coach. With this current roster I believe even Dave Shula could go 9-8.

To completely fair Marvin Lewis did not take the Bengals to the playoffs until his third year as head coach. However, his first two seasons showed great improvement because the Bengals finished 8-8 in both of those years. Zac is 2-14 and 4-11-1 which is terrible and a long way from 8-8.

The question I have is how do we define success in 2021? Making the playoffs? A winning record? I have no idea what is going on in Mike Brown’s head so I don’t know what his criteria for success is.

My personal theory is Mike Brown will keep Zac employed as long as he sees “improvement.” The bar here is set very low and I think if the Bengals win five or more games Zac will stay.

If it were up to me I would have unloaded Zac Taylor after Week Two in 2019.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 11:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I'd argue that being overly positive about a guy who has given us two of our worst seasons in decades is rebuilding our culture into something that ain't worth building.

I'll wish ZT luck in 2021, but I also wished the guy luck in 2019 and 2020, so maybe some reverse psychology would pay off this time?  

Do people actually not realize that rosters are not plug and play related to personnel matching up and personnel matching a coaching staff? Continued success has to be built. I guess the Cleveland Brown theory is one way to go where you fire HCs every season until you have acquired enough top 10 draft selections that someone can walk in and be relatively successful.

Looking at things objectively you also have to consider the magnitude of injuries that this team saw in 2020 and they were injuries to key starters. Factor in that Taylor had to weed out malcontents like Dunlap that thought they should play whether performing or not, because they were use to having starting positions because they were veterans.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 09:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's really as much an open ended question as a negative one--how you're looking at it--where you could easily say, "i think he wins 10 games and competes for a playoff berth", instead of assuming it's from a negative standpoint and posting as you did. 

All i'm saying is, where does the negativity start and where does it stop?

So let me see if I have this correct...you believe that this thread was meant to be a validation of the abilities of Zac Taylor and that the creator of the thread posted it with positive intent backing Taylor as the HC...does this sum it up?
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 08:39 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Do people actually not realize that rosters are not plug and play related to personnel matching up and personnel matching a coaching staff? Continued success has to be built. I guess the Cleveland Brown theory is one way to go where you fire HCs every season until you have acquired enough top 10 draft selections that someone can walk in and be relatively successful.

Looking at things objectively you also have to consider the magnitude of injuries that this team saw in 2020 and they were injuries to key starters. Factor in that Taylor had to weed out malcontents like Dunlap that thought they should play whether performing or not, because they were use to having starting positions because they were veterans.
There was more talent on the roster when Zac walked into the building than when Marvin walked in to PBS in 2003. Marvin had back to back season of 8-8. An accomplishment coming of a 2-14 season. 

If this team doesn't with 8-9 games this season Zac has to go. If we have injuries again, and at the end of the season we're 6-11, which is what Vegas is predicting us at, then he has to go. 12-43-1 in 3 seasons doesn't constitute a winner and someone who can turn around and franchise. Just ask Dave Shula.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:32 PM)Benton Wrote: Jeez.

Last week it's 'this team got the best of everything in the draft!!!!!?'

This week it's 'so, when we getting rid of the coaching staff that just drafted these guys?'

Hilarious

Seriously lol
Reply/Quote
He’ll make it to 22. Last year he had too many injuries on the team. Year before that he was brought in late and took forever to get a coaching staff together, and learning his new team. Sounds like nothing but excuses I know, but not ideal in any way to pile up numbers in the win column. WTS, I’m definitely not as high on him now as i was 2yrs ago and I wish him all the best on a great season.

Reply/Quote