After the Bye Week
December 1st
Bloody Monday
He makes it to 22
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
When will Zac be fired?
(05-07-2021, 05:06 PM)TJ528 Wrote: well I mean if you listen to most people on this board, Mike isn't involved in the football operations it's all Katie, Troy and Duke.  

There is no way even if he makes it the entire 2021 season if he has a record of 10-45-1 or even 12-43-1 which one would put him at 4-13 this year and the other 6-11, there's no way they can keep Taylor around with that record. 

This year they can drive attendance with a new Ring of Honor and New Uniforms.  What the hell are they going to do next year to bring in fans because those type of records arent going to bring fans to PBS. 

OK, come back here this time next season and you will be asking the same question regarding Zac
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 05:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: I'd say if he goes winless and it is halfway through the season, he will be let go. Other than that he's not going anywhere.

Have to agree. 6 wins would be viewed as progress and probably keeps him around unless the team just completely quits on him or there is serious locker room issues.

But, even then Green, Dunlap and Atkins all seemed unhappy last season under Taylor and he is still here. So, he might be here till the contract runs out of he just goes winless.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:41 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Hey just cause you had a good draft doesn't mean you have a coach who knows how to use the talent.  

we had a good draft but I have about as much confidence that Zac can go out there and win with this team as I'd have if we brought Dave Shula back to coach this same team.   I mean Zac does have a worse record than Dave through 32 games, and that's not easy to do. 

Back to back two good drafts. We haven't had two good drafts in a loooong time. Zac and staff are a big part of that. 

It's just funny the timing. "Hey you did a great job drafting... Now leave."
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 05:56 PM)Benton Wrote: Back to back two good drafts. We haven't had two good drafts in a loooong time. Zac and staff are a big part of that. 

They had the #1 pick last season and a top 5 pick this season. So they had a major advantage in drafting the past two drafts. Plus it's not Zac that does the drafting it's Tobin.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Bloody Monday sounds really dark. I think it’s called Black Monday, but I could be wrong. That’s probably most likely. Obviously depends on how they do, but I can’t see them keeping him with anything under a winning record, but then again, you never know.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 06:11 PM)J24 Wrote: They had the #1 pick last season and a top 5 pick this season. So they had a major advantage in drafting the past two drafts. Plus it's not Zac that does the drafting it's Tobin.

Yea I mean when your drafting #1 and #5 you better draft well. It wasn't often this team drafted in the top 15 from 2003-2015 if I'm correct. 

I do think Zac has some input into the draft but you can't keep him around if he can't coach. Put his ass I. the scouting dept
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:18 PM)J24 Wrote: How long does Zac make it?

Why the **** do we continually have threads like this shit on here? 
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:21 PM)jason Wrote: This....

I think it's overdue, but I'm hoping the light comes on, and we all feel like fools for wanting him fired.

I would be so happy about this.  I really don't want to see another wasted season.  My confidence level is Zac is really, really low.  But I am hoping he finds his rhythm (and playcalling) this year and finally gets it under control.  I'd be thrilled to be wrong about him. 
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 06:11 PM)J24 Wrote: They had the #1 pick last season and a top 5 pick this season. So they had a major advantage in drafting the past two drafts. Plus it's not Zac that does the drafting it's Tobin.

Sure. Tobin drafts bad for the last decade and suddenly got better.

Mellow

Having high picks helps, sure, but we also had high picks and took guys like John Ross. Recently. 

They've said multiple times the draft involves everybody. That's part of why we had several good years of drafting with a mostly intact staff, then several years of bad drafting as we had different staff.

If people like the last two drafts, they like what Zac is doing. He's rebuilding a team that had a bunch of garbage on it. That's part of what head coaches do.

Personally, I think he's locked himself into at least two more years based on draft talent alone 
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 05:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: I'd say if he goes winless and it is halfway through the season, he will be let go. Other than that he's not going anywhere.

My thoughts as well. He's like 1-9 or something they might be doing some serious considering of moving on. 

I really hope we're 6-4 or something at that point. I wouldn't bet the bank on it though.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 06:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: My thoughts as well. He's like 1-9 or something they might be doing some serious considering of moving on. 

I really hope we're 6-4 or something at that point. I wouldn't bet the bank on it though.

I think we'll be ok. Yeah, last season stunk, but I thought we were playing better and finally putting some things together right about the time jb went down. 

If that hadn't happened, we probably would've won out.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown would let him finish out the season regardless; he's old school like that. It's more likely pieces of the staff get let go prior to Bloody Monday.

The pieces come off, you can bet your bottom dollar Bloody Monday will not be kind to Zac.
Reply/Quote

After he goes 4-12 this year
Reply/Quote
I think anything short of .500 (or at least 8-9) and he'll be let go. No idea when, but I think they'll give him the full season regardless.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 07:45 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: After he goes 4-12 this year

17 game season.

Keep having to remind myself, as well.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 05:56 PM)Benton Wrote: Back to back two good drafts. We haven't had two good drafts in a loooong time. Zac and staff are a big part of that. 

Good drafts don’t matter if you don’t start getting a winning record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Love your positive outlook. Nothing like wishing for someone to fail. I believe Zac Taylor will have a good deal of success here in Cincinnati. He is not just rebuilding a team but as well rebuilding a culture. I prefer to wish him luck rather than aimlessly hope for his failure.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 06:35 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why the **** do we continually have threads like this shit on here? 

Amen brother! It is absolutely tiring. It is pathetic that people wish for the failure of others...especially a team that they are "fans" of.
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I forget how many years was Marvin here? I think ZT can do the same. Especially if his number 1 overall pick doesn’t pull the chicken shit move Palmer did.

A large portion of his salary cap went to mentally checked out veterans his first two years. We have a young inexperienced team. If we can get some injury luck and build some cohesion and start rattling off wins he isn’t going anywhere.

He does some pretty wild and unpredictable shit. This isn’t bratkowski play calling where I can sit at home and call most plays before we run them.

I think the last regime was complacent and let our roster go to hell. We are back. Our good players aren’t burnt out on losing and Andy Dalton let’s go have fun and be nice pre game speeches.

Don’t sleep on us winning a bunch of games
Reply/Quote