Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will we see...........
Our first Sanu pass? I feel like its gonna be coming up soon. I think most people have forgotten about him passing and it may be time to break it out.
Reply/Quote
against Baltimore we motioned him and faked a throw to him with him going to the sideline but behind Andy so he could still throw it had we actually gave him the ball. I think Hue just wanted to see how the defense would react, but you can bet there will be something more to that next time we play them. We will build on that play based on what everybody did when we faked to Sanu
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 05:59 PM)bonesaw Wrote: against Baltimore we motioned him and faked a throw to him with him going to the sideline but behind Andy so he could still throw it had we actually gave him the ball.  I think Hue just wanted to see how the defense would react, but you can bet there will be something more to that next time we play them.  We will build on that play based on what everybody did when we faked to Sanu

Ahhh. I didn't get to watch that game so I missed it. 
Reply/Quote
With the way Andy is playing I am not sure they really want anyone else to throw the ball.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't run it against a disciplined defense like Seattle.

Wait till an aggressive defense like Buffalo.. I say use it on Buffalo.
Reply/Quote
When Hue gets desperate
Reply/Quote
Thurday Night Football against Cleveland is my bet.
Reply/Quote
We use it when the defense dictates it. Not just when we want to use it.
Reply/Quote
Do not really need anything to fancy while clicking on this many cylinders.

Bet the film sessions give opposing defenses fits the way Bengals offense is playing.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 02:23 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Do not really need anything to fancy while clicking on this many cylinders.

Not completely true.  "Trick" plays serve two purposes.  The first, of course, is to catch the defense off guard and get abig gain.  but even when they don't work they serve another purpose.  When you run draws and screens it slows down the pass rush which helps you every time you drop back to throw.  When you run a few reverses that keeps the players on the back side of the defense fro over pursuing which helps you every time you run outside.  And when you run a "double pass" it keeps the DBs from leaving coverage so quickly to run up and tackle the ball carrier which helps every time that you throw a WR screen, a flare pass to the RB.

So, sometimes when a trick play fails it still helps you because it keeps the defense thinking and makes them less aggressive.
Reply/Quote
The way Dalton is throwing it, I bet Hue doesn't want to take even one pass out of Dalton's hands.

If and when Dalton starts to struggle a little bit, we'll probably see a few more trick plays.
Reply/Quote
Could go wildcat with Sanu and either run it or go deep. Sanu is a pretty good runner too. Gives an extra blocker and doesn't expose Dalton to injury (as a runner).
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Save it for the playoffs if we get there. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It won't be this week, Russelll Wilson has already said he's told the defense to watch out for it....
Reply/Quote
Good question, i bet we will see it some time this year. Great having a guy like Mo on the team
that is so versatile. Can line up at HB, QB, as the X, Y, or Z and returned kicks in college although
i probably would not use him as a Returner with Adam, Tate and Gio ahead of him there who are
all much quicker and faster.
Reply/Quote
I was thinking it might be good to do against Seattle but another poster said Russell Wilson warned against it?

When they do it, they should have Andy just block or something instead of being a receiver. That play in the Titan's game last year was cool, but it was also scary.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 08:23 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Thurday Night Football against Cleveland is my bet.
Nah......  we won't need it against them, so pointless to bring it out when we don't even need it.

My guess is either in Arizona so we can say "see, Carson, our WRs can even throw touchdowns better than you," or in Pittsburgh to catch them off-guard to jump-out to an early lead and demoralize them, or even after we've already scored to go up 14-0.
(10-07-2015, 03:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Save it for the playoffs when we get there. ThumbsUp

Fixed it for ya  ThumbsUp

That's not a bad idea, though, just to throw something different at a team when they've been planning for everything else.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 04:31 PM)TreasureCoastBenGal Wrote: I was thinking it might be good to do against Seattle but another poster said Russell Wilson warned against it?

When they do it, they should have Andy just block or something instead of being a receiver.  That play in the Titan's game last year was cool, but it was also scary.

Eh, Dalton is a tough fella TCBG, he will be alright.

Plus, a QB blocking can sometimes be just as dangerous to the QB as being a WR depending on the situation.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 10:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It won't be this week, Russelll Wilson has already said he's told the defense to watch out for it....

They're on to us....
Reply/Quote
Double reverse. Fisher eligible.

Handoff to Green. Handoff to Sanu.

Sanu to Fisher for the TD.
Reply/Quote