Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Are They Now (Long Lost Members)...
(09-01-2016, 12:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Can't say I remember much about him, but he was still posting when I joined in Feb of 2011. He wasn't around long after I joined though. Maybe I scared him off?

Broken1 was pretty much a draft forum poster. He was good and knowledgeable. I do remember him and Berserker going at it right after Berserker joined because their draft opinions differed.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 04:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Broken1 was pretty much a draft forum poster. He was good and knowledgeable. I do remember him and Berserker going at it right after Berserker joined because their draft opinions differed.

Funny, after all of the talk of the old boards, I went on archive.org on Monday to look it up. Also wanted to take a look at the very first year the boards were up (2005, back when I used to lurk) and the "last post," has a couple of names, like Fred and Broken.

Broken1 was VERY quick to anger/be sad and it always seemed like the smallest things (like when we disagreed on something in regards to the team) and eventually, he posted less and less.

Never forget his avatar.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 09:06 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Lol I was one of the proponents for signing Jones, man was I wrong.

That smack talk forum was pretty much given to the Steeler fans by Joe from Florence IMO.  When Joe from Flo was a mod, he liked them better than the Bengal fans, I think.  I think a lot of them left after he got banned.  
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 04:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Funny, after all of the talk of the old boards, I went on archive.org on Monday to look it up. Also wanted to take a look at the very first year the boards were up (2005, back when I used to lurk) and the "last post," has a couple of names, like Fred and Broken.

Broken1 was VERY quick to anger/be sad and it always seemed like the smallest things (like when we disagreed on something in regards to the team) and eventually, he posted less and less.

Never forget his avatar.

I joined the old board just a few days after it started up. Sept. something, I forget. Fred told me the other day he couldn't remember if I was on the old board or not - LOL. He's getting old I guess ?

Where is Fan from Kettering ? I was thinking he joined here
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 12:11 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote:  After I've just predicted non playoff winning seasons every year, and every year they've delivered. 

Most years you predicted that they would not even make the playoffs, 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 04:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Funny, after all of the talk of the old boards, I went on archive.org on Monday to look it up. Also wanted to take a look at the very first year the boards were up (2005, back when I used to lurk) and the "last post," has a couple of names, like Fred and Broken.

Never forget his avatar.

He made a post once where, although he did not say it outright, revealed that he was terminal and watching his body lose the battle  and waiting for his clock to stop.  That was were his name came from.

I had considered him an ass prior, but that changed my view point.  I can understand the hostilities associated with not being curable.
Reply/Quote
As for the origin stories, I read the boards from the get go but didn't join until 2009.

I only joined then because I was reading too many comments that the Bengals would not win the division if they didn't beat the Vikings. That game literally had zero bearing on our chances as all of the tie breaking scenarios we could have been involved in would be resolved by our AFC record.

Alas, by the time I was signed up I couldn't start a thread about it, as I still had to satisfy the 50 post rule. Sadly, Henry's accident occurred shortly after, so the goal changed...
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 12:03 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Millz is on here now as Millsy, right?  Or is that someone else?  Isn't Jungle Juice here too?

I heard he changed his name to Millhouse. To prove this, I told you aka Toast then on the old boards about my brother keeping Steve Tovar's python when Tovar left OSU in the early 90's and played on those dreadful Bengal teams for a few years.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I miss ishouldbegm's mock drafts almost as much as I miss Denny's perennial "This loss is just what the doctor ordered" thread.

Of course by "almost," I mean I'd rather catch my frank and beans in my zipper ala There's Something About Mary.
Reply/Quote
Just saw we have a user named Jumbotron, which reminded me of a guy from the old board with user name Jumbro. We actually knew a couple people in common, although I never met that dude and I used to (unintentionally) piss him off because he was, like so many of you here, sort of a John Birch Society type. That isn't the best description, just the first one that comes to mind and one sure to offend many, and in this one case, yes it is intentional. Anyway, anybody know if that dude found this new nirvana?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 11:23 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I heard he changed his name to Millhouse. To prove this, I told you aka Toast then on the old boards about my brother keeping Steve Tovar's python when Tovar left OSU in the early 90's and played on those dreadful Bengal teams for a few years.

Is that an innuendo? Did Tovar have a python, or a "python?" Yeah, I know, weird question, but it has a basis as I am still trying to figure out why those 90's teams were so bad. Thought maybe the team was focusing on the wrong measureables at the combine. Seems a pretty far out theory until you consider the record for the longest thread on this board (last I heard) was a thread about Dalton's constrictor. Sometimes guys really get fixated on that stuff, and perhaps the same sort of group think that drove that Dalton thread was driving the scouts thinking in the early 90's.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 05:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I joined the old board just a few days after it started up. Sept. something, I forget. Fred told me the other day he couldn't remember if I was on the old board or not - LOL. He's getting old I guess ?

Where is Fan from Kettering ? I was thinking he joined here

Fan In Kettering now, yeah he is here.
Reply/Quote
Brewcrewgrrl? I think she still tailgates with The Bengal Thing...

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 01:19 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Here's a throwback of old members I created several years ago:

http://youtu.be/CbWWKq7EXHs

And another: (many appear in the first).

http://youtu.be/-QgamE4Q3Ts

Ok. I think I was drunk when I made both, but there are memories. Hehe.

These are great.  Nice to see the person behind the avatar.   I miss some of the posts from Greggydigital and Noob Avenger.  They were posting when I first started and I seem to recall some funny posts.

Interesting community.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 06:58 PM)3wt Wrote: These are great.  Nice to see the person behind the avatar.   I miss some of the posts from Greggydigital and Noob Avenger.  They were posting when I first started and I seem to recall some funny posts.

Interesting community.
The guy at 7:30 of that first video is dashing, if I do say so myself...
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 07:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The guy at 7:30 of that first video is dashing, if I do say so myself...

Well dressed and well coiffed.  I dare say he even smells good.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 07:27 PM)3wt Wrote: Well dressed and well coiffed.  I dare say he even smells good.

lmao, thanks! Big Grin
Reply/Quote