Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Are They Now (Long Lost Members)...
I joined in either September 2005 or October 2005. I remember when the board first started. I got no awards. Hoping that someday the veterans committee will vote me into the board HOF. Tongue

I was a pretty prolific poster until around 2010. Especially th first three years.

Actually, I was one of the many reasons the P and R was started. I'm sorry. Tongue
Reply/Quote
That dude that would always say 'A.C. Green' was a fantastic edition to the old board.
Reply/Quote
If the chick in BengalSis' avatar was actually her then it definitely was Shayne sister because she looked like the female version of him.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Anyone remember the dude who claimed to be the "Bengal Insider"? He was on pretty much during the Ocho and Carson drama and claimed to have source. Brian P something....
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 10:48 PM)TGISunday Wrote: That dude that would always say 'A.C. Green' was a fantastic edition to the old board.

He was hilarious especially how angry it would make the other members LOL
Reply/Quote
I can't count how many names I was banned under on the old boards.

Originally was Chaffin 75, then Chaffin94, then WhoDeyWalker, then Ricky Spanish, then 2gynneduoyk**f (read it backwards) , then Pollos, can't even remember the last one.
Denny and his band of suck ups were total douchebags. Couldn't stand them at all.

Did not suck up well to the mods, and had a few rants after games while drinking.

Got banned once for telling OSUfan to have a few drinks then drive home. Banned for quoting a movie, thats great

Hell, I even got banned once for blasting a Steelers fan in the Smack forum FFS. Can't remember which one but it was a long time poster. One of their favorite Steeler fans
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:15 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Anyone remember the dude who claimed to be the "Bengal Insider"? He was on pretty much during the Ocho and Carson drama and claimed to have source. Brian P something....

Yeah.....I recall him.  Petterine or something to that effect.

On a side note....I talked to an older board member via PM that apparently knew someone close to Palmer.  He laid out some stuff as the reason for him leaving...and what little CP did disclose followed the lines of what he said happened.  I wish he was here now.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That would be Brian Patteronia, the, "lawyer," from New York.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Here's a throwback of old members I created several years ago:

http://youtu.be/CbWWKq7EXHs

And another: (many appear in the first).

http://youtu.be/-QgamE4Q3Ts

Ok. I think I was drunk when I made both, but there are memories. Hehe.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 01:19 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Here's a throwback of old members I created several years ago:

http://youtu.be/CbWWKq7EXHs

And another: (many appear in the first).

http://youtu.be/-QgamE4Q3Ts

Ok. I think I was drunk when I made both, but there are memories. Hehe.

Niiiice
Reply/Quote
Since we're on the subject of how we were introduced to the old boards...

A friend of mine kept bugging me to sign up for an account. We'd always talk Bengals and, no surprise, I'd crack a lot of jokes at Marvin and Mike's expense. He thought I'd enjoy the forums. I was reluctant to sign up, and what's funny is I ended up posting as much as I did, while he never got into it.

Anyways, my introduction to the boards was the smack talk forum. Which was a little weird. I came in guns a blazing. Lotta insults directed at the Steelers guys, which I thought was the point of smack talk but I guess I was wrong. A few of them took exception to some (much) of what I said. I think I called them a bunch of bandwagoners and accused them of having tribal tattoos and things of the sort. I definitely remember calling them a bunch of internet dorks, which didn't go over too well. The really strange thing was there were a number of Bengals fans throughout this exchange that were siding with them and ripping me. Trying to explain to that they were pretty cool guys and I was being a dick. And here I thought I was just talking smack the entire time (I was). I started out my Bengals board career with something like -145 rep points, and manage to piss off both Steelers and Bengals fans for talking shit.

I then proceeded to argue with people in JN for about 3 months straight that Matt Jones wasn't a good signing, and was in actuality a pile of hot garbage. That didn't go over well either. Board vets like Fred Toast called me a hater for ripping on a "proven #1". Ahh, good times. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 06:59 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Since we're on the subject of how we were introduced to the old boards...

A friend of mine kept bugging me to sign up for an account. We'd always talk Bengals and, no surprise, I'd crack a lot of jokes at Marvin and Mike's expense. He thought I'd enjoy the forums. I was reluctant to sign up, and what's funny is I ended up posting as much as I did, while he never got into it.

Anyways, my introduction to the boards was the smack talk forum. Which was a little weird.  I came in guns a blazing. Lotta insults directed at the Steelers guys, which I thought was the point of smack talk but I guess I was wrong.  A few of them took exception to some (much) of what I said.  I think I called them a bunch of bandwagoners and accused them of having tribal tattoos and things of the sort.  I definitely remember calling them a bunch of internet dorks, which didn't go over too well.  The really strange thing was there were a number of Bengals fans throughout this exchange that were siding with them and ripping me.  Trying to explain to that they were pretty cool guys and I was being a dick.  And here I thought I was just talking smack the entire time (I was).  I started out my Bengals board career with something like -145 rep points, and manage to piss off both Steelers and Bengals fans for talking shit.

I then proceeded to argue with people in JN for about 3 months straight that Matt Jones wasn't a good signing, and was in actuality a pile of hot garbage.  That didn't go over well either.  Board vets like Fred Toast called me a hater for ripping on a "proven #1".  Ahh, good times.  Hilarious

Lol I was one of the proponents for signing Jones, man was I wrong.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah.....I recall him.  Petterine or something to that effect.

On a side note....I talked to an older board member via PM that apparently knew someone close to Palmer.  He laid out some stuff as the reason for him leaving...and what little CP did disclose followed the lines of what he said happened.  I wish he was here now.....

I recall jsr18 knew more but would not reveal without permission, as did someone from the Outer Banks whose name escapes me.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 06:59 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I then proceeded to argue with people in JN for about 3 months straight that Matt Jones wasn't a good signing, and was in actuality a pile of hot garbage.  That didn't go over well either.  Board vets like Fred Toast called me a hater for ripping on a "proven #1".  Ahh, good times.  Hilarious

I also ripped you when you were slobbering all over Peyton Hillis and ripping the Bengals for not trying to sign him.  And for predicting that the Bengals would have a losing record every season from '09 through 2013.
Reply/Quote
I miss our old resident Browns fan (who was usually only around at the start of every season) absolutely great in the smack section, especially considering he was a BROWNS fan, BUSHY#2!! I too miss TBT, the guy who was great on BBQ tips, and the guy who was an expert on all the UFC fights, he was awesome at picking all those fights. I liked both Joe from Florence (who wasn't afraid to speak his opinion) and Denny, who imo; tried to toe the company line and be a good moderator as I'm sure the management wanted him to be. Great times there, and I'm sure more to come here....thanks Bengalholic!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 11:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I also ripped 

"Fred the Ripper!"

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 11:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I also ripped you when you were slobbering all over Peyton Hillis and ripping the Bengals for not trying to sign him.  And for predicting that the Bengals would have a losing record every season from '09 through 2013.

I don't ever, ever, ever recall calling a bunch for Peyton Hillis.  Perhaps Reggie Bush is who you're thinking?  I may have mentioned Peyton Hillis, one time in a thread about replacing Ced Benson, after numerous other choices went unsigned.  Slobbering is an interesting word choice.

The rest is just a flat out lie.  I wasn't even on the board in 2009 and I didn't make any prediction on the team in 2010 (that, which so many loved, came later).  I did predict a losing record in 2011, which go ahead and rip for me.  Everybody made the same prediction.  After I've just predicted non playoff winning seasons every year, and every year they've delivered.  It's the gift that keeps on giving.

You want to make a wager on their playoff chances this year?  Something harmless, like Loser has to rock an avatar of a dunce cap.  You let me know... Nervous
Reply/Quote
I have reached out to a few original board members, some have told me they will come back as soon as the season starts, or some say that they have moved on and will stop by to read, but not willing to engage.

A lot of the old members had to grow up, or gotten older, or just completely moved on.

Good to see at least 70% of the community has found Bengalholic's new board and associate with us. I'll keep working on more, you never know.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 10:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I really miss THEBURG.  Isn't he a member here?  I hope nothing has happened to him.  I haven't seen Pistons since last board....or bludgeon.

THEBURG isn't on the member list, so unless he changed his name, he didn't make it over. He wasn't posting much towards the end on the old boards if I'm remembering correctly. Pistons and Bludgeon made profiles but fell off pretty quickly here.

(08-29-2016, 03:02 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I remember the Broken One.  He was a cool dude, hope everything is still ok for him. 

Can't say I remember much about him, but he was still posting when I joined in Feb of 2011. He wasn't around long after I joined though. Maybe I scared him off?

(08-29-2016, 05:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Didn't his name have something to do with Notre Dame? NDFAN or something?

Like Fred said, dude was an alt of Tiger Blood, supposedly.

(08-30-2016, 10:48 PM)TGISunday Wrote: That dude that would always say 'A.C. Green' was a fantastic edition to the old board.

I'm probably alone on this, but I thought that was pretty funny. Mainly cuz people got so worked up over something so silly. Same thing with calling McCarron "macaroni".

(08-30-2016, 11:38 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Hell, I even got banned once for blasting a Steelers fan in the Smack forum FFS.  Can't remember which one but it was a long time poster.  One of their favorite Steeler fans

People were always a little too chummy in there, IMO. It's why I rarely went in Smack. I think people were bonding over opinions in PnR and it carried over to smack a little bit.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 12:07 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: "Fred the Ripper!"

He's rippin' them alright, especially after a big bowl of chili!
Reply/Quote