Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Are They Now (Long Lost Members)...
(08-28-2016, 07:18 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not I.

I got tired of reading how the Cincinnati Bengals of the American Football Conference of the National Football League would amount to nothing unless they got rid of quarterback Andy Dalton (or was it Andrew?) and replaced him with Matthew Barkley of the University of Southern California of the Pacific 12 division of the National Collegiate Athletic Association.

I swear I often wondered if it was a child trying to compile a homework assignment that was required to be at least "X" characters long...

Yeah, another one i don't miss...
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 07:15 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm looking for it.  I'm on Yokosuka Navy base for two more weeks and then home.  It's Monday morning here.  I'm hoping it's on.  If not I hope I can watch it online 

(08-28-2016, 07:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Trademark had a good stream the first game against the Vikes but last week everyone was giving me the cold shoulder
so i missed the whole Lions game. Firstrowsports just doesn't work for me even on my iphone 4.

Check out the game day and stream threads in case you can't see it there.

Being a national broadcast on NBC, I would think it would be available on their site at a minimum...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 07:23 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Being a national broadcast on NBC, I would think it would be available on their site at a minimum...

You sure would think so.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 07:23 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Being a national broadcast on NBC, I would think it would be available on their site at a minimum...

Yes!  It's on armed forces network.  I get to watch it.  I'm working inside today due to a possible typhoon or tropical storm coming.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 07:36 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yes!  It's on armed forces network.  I get to watch it.  I'm working inside today due to a possible typhoon or tropical storm coming.

Rock On

Be safe Bonnie watching our Bengals whip the Jags!
Reply/Quote
wish TBT came over to the new board

also is Ron Mexico over here with a different name?
Reply/Quote
GA9
Sloppy Lombardi Slaps
Morningstar

Nervous
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 02:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Shocked

We weren't supposed to yet?!?!?

Ninja

Yeah, I was pretty sure he meant "stop."
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 03:05 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: I sorta stopped posting as much even before hey shut the old one backdown.  I don't really know why either.  Just busy with other stuff I guess.

Life is always getting in the way of something.

But it is a shame, always considered you one of the better posters. 

Even if we disagreed often. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 08:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Life is always getting in the way of something.

But it is a shame, always considered you one of the better posters. 

Even if we disagreed often. 

Well thank you sir.  I dig hour posts too man!
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 10:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was at the original MB since giddy up and one thing I remember was the first HOF class, I didn't know any of those dudes. The only name that comes to mind now was Cobra Commander (see what I'm saying). I remember a mod named Eric (he gave me my first "infraction" for speaking ill of CP9. Anybody else remember that 1st HOF class or any of the lesser know Mods?

Phil, pook, beaker and Bengal thing are all I can think of.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 07:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well "they" meaning DennyG and the Brown's shut down the old board.

Also i was talkin with Joe from Flo right before he got banned there and Denny and him were really getting into it
in a few threads. What was crazy to me is how they were friends off the boards and how Denny turned on him.

I might be completely wrong tho too, so take it all with a grain of salt.

I am just happy BengalHolic and company got this board going which is much better anyways, but damn.

Must suck for the ones who don't even know about it thanks to the ones who shut the other down.

There are two sides to every story and, unfortunately, on this one we only ever got Joe's. In fact, Joe was a little over-zealous in expressing IMO.

And Denny did not shut down the old board. Denny was simply a mod, same as Joe. Nothing more, nothing less. The board shutdown was a decision from the franchise.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 10:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think savage still posts quite regular, just under a different name (sled?)

OSU Fan posts from time to time.

As to folks that we don't see anymore:

Cloe Hookie
Eox
Bezerker (posted as Royal? for a while here)

There was that one girl that wished everybody a happy birthday (Trinna?)
Matter of fact there's a real void of females up in here. I miss Bengal Sis

I talk to Bezerker quite a bit on twitter. Mostly about offensive line and defensive line play. He's pretty active on there.

Eox I see on twitter from time to time.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 07:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well "they" meaning DennyG and the Brown's shut down the old board.

Also i was talkin with Joe from Flo right before he got banned there and Denny and him were really getting into it
in a few threads. What was crazy to me is how they were friends off the boards and how Denny turned on him.

I might be completely wrong tho too, so take it all with a grain of salt.

I am just happy BengalHolic and company got this board going which is much better anyways, but damn.

Must suck for the ones who don't even know about it thanks to the ones who shut the other down.

I talked to Joe after he got banned and talked to a few people that knew the inner workings of all that.

Yeah, they were friends off the board. But it was pretty much some big PR moves had to be made. Especially with how that board was going those times.

Pretty much, Denny had to either be a homer and support the team, or lose it all. Joe wasn't afraid to speak his mind and get backlash, but Denny chose to stick with the board kind of like a career move.

And there were a few people that asked me on twitter about this site and whatnot. Sadly, not everyone made it over.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Denny and I went at it a few times especially when it came to infractions. His optimism after playoff losses killed me inside
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 10:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm not sure why I started thinking about this exactly, but I did, and I'm wondering what happened to some of our old members from the other site.  And a few who made the transition but have since disappeared.  I thought it would be fun/interesting for people to bring up other names too.  I think it's been long enough now where a lot of names have either not been seen or in awhile or they've been completely forgotten.

-OSUfan.  An absolute legend of the game.  Probably one of the biggest trolls of all time, and yet I'm still not sure if it was intentional or not.  Didn't this guy make the switch?  What happened to this guy?

-Bengalthing.  Super nice guy.  I liked this dude, and that's even coming from a guy who he disagreed with often.  Was always pretty cool about it though.  Did he make it over here?

-Denny.  Where did this guy I end up?  Is he active on a twitter, or is he on another forum?  I always thought there was more to this character too.  You can't have your own business, appear to have some money, and have a wife that hot and not be pretty smart.  I kinda think he dumbed down his character to be denser than what he really was.  If not, the world is a very unfair place.  Oh, yeah.  God awful mod.  Just the worst.  And that has nothing to do with differing opinions.

-Cornerblitz.  He made it over here but I haven't seen him awhile. He was always a fellow hater so he was always at the weekly meetings we have but he just stop showing up. (We lost him and DJS.  We're dwindling in numbers, but we're always taking applications.)

-SavageHenry.  Way up there as far as active posters.  Lotta content.  I'm surprised he's not seen here more.

Who was the guy that had all of the alts?  Someone died, a fake daughter, a dead son, he was writing a book on hwo smart he was to fool a forum of annonymous sports fans. (How well could you be fooled if you didn't give a shit?)  God damn, was that weird.  What a weird ongoing saga and waste of time.  The internet is such a strange place.

I know there's a bunch of names I'm forgetting, so refresh my memory.

OSU, Corner, and Savage still post here from time to time.  Of course, you've seen savage in this thread (wish he was here more, one of the better posters we've ever had), OSU was just on here like last week, and Corner will probably make his way back once the season gets going. 

Definitely miss TBT, and Denny was a member here briefly....kinda glad he didn't stay.

(08-26-2016, 11:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I miss THEBURG, Pistons, and my boy bludgeon. There's also:

Berserker (Royal Red Legs)
Bengal Yankee
Millz
Fan in Kettering
Extra Nirvana
Jungle Juice
Sher Khan (both of them)
Spazz

I could be wrong and maybe some of these guys are still posting.

Yeah, I really miss THEBURG.  Isn't he a member here?  I hope nothing has happened to him.  I haven't seen Pistons since last board....or bludgeon.

Royle Red Legs was on here quite a bit during the season.  We've talked via PM some too, I expect him back.
Bengal Yankee is hit or miss...
Millz is quite regular as Millhouse
Fan in Kettering is on here quite a bit during the season, typically.  I remember he took some time off for a surgery of some sort.
Extra Nirvana is Cage the Bengal, and did my new sig....thanks again my man.
Jungle Juice is still quite active
Sher Khan....seems I remember one of them on here from time to time?
Spazz is quite regular too.

(08-27-2016, 05:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What about that kid that wanted to challenge Denny to a cage match?

That was too funny to be a real person. Definitely an alt.

CinciRReborn....and you boys alread banned him from here for the same shit. LMAO

(08-28-2016, 08:10 PM)bonesaw Wrote: wish TBT came over to the new board

also is Ron Mexico over here with a different name?

Ron Mexico is Johnny Cupcakes.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 01:30 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: There are two sides to every story and, unfortunately, on this one we only ever got Joe's. In fact, Joe was a little over-zealous in expressing IMO.

And Denny did not shut down the old board. Denny was simply a mod, same as Joe. Nothing more, nothing less. The board shutdown was a decision from the franchise.

Thanks Zona didn't know that.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 01:46 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I talked to Joe after he got banned and talked to a few people that knew the inner workings of all that.

Yeah, they were friends off the board. But it was pretty much some big PR moves had to be made. Especially with how that board was going those times.

Pretty much, Denny had to either be a homer and support the team, or lose it all. Joe wasn't afraid to speak his mind and get backlash, but Denny chose to stick with the board kind of like a career move.

And there were a few people that asked me on twitter about this site and whatnot. Sadly, not everyone made it over.

Good information, thanks Wolf.
Reply/Quote
I remember the Broken One.  He was a cool dude, hope everything is still ok for him. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Who was the guy that was a pilot?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote