Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Where Are You Watching The Game?!
(01-26-2022, 11:59 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Just never have gotten the Gameday Thread experience.  Not knocking it, as many of you obviously enjoy it.  I just don't understand how you can do all the things you've listed, and just focus on the game?  Would you be texting and messaging if you were AT the game, too?  I am genuinely curious, and not directing this to you man, just a question.

Nah, ironically, at the game I am strictly analog.  I turn off my phone before kickoff and don't check it until halftime, and I find the people that never put down their phones annoying.  At home, I don't focus on each and every post, and if I get a snack or hit the bathroom, I don't read the posts I missed.  There's a rhythm to the whole thing, believe it or not.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:57 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It's right next door to the Yankees/Red Sox bar in the Bloods/Crips neighborhood.  

cant tell if serious or trolling  Tongue
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 12:04 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Nah, ironically, at the game I am strictly analog.  I turn off my phone before kickoff and don't check it until halftime, and I find the people that never put down their phones annoying.  At home, I don't focus on each and every post, and if I get a snack or hit the bathroom, I don't read the posts I missed.  There's a rhythm to the whole thing, believe it or not.  

I guess I can see this.  You seem to have it down.  Few times I ever went in there, long ago, it was brutal.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In my fortress of solitude, a.k.a. my living room.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:46 PM)magikod Wrote: ROCK ON!!!

I'm watching the game with my dad! a bengals & chiefs bar in Atlanta?? what on earth....lol  Hilarious

Yeah I knew it was a Buckeye and Bengals bar, but I noticed they also cater to Chiefs and Patriots fans. But needless to say it’ll be all about the AFC Championship Sunday.

Still feels weird to say AFC Championship.
Reply/Quote
In my front room in Shropshire, England with a bottle of red wine or some beers to calm the nerves. Will watch both games back to back finishing around 1am Monday morning U.K time. Got a week off work as well so happy days hopefully.
Reply/Quote
In same seat I watched the last 2 games on. Everyone else coming over has to sit in their same seats as well.
Reply/Quote
My friend just text me to say that some people are going to Garzelli's, which is a little Italian place with a nice bar set-up to watch games and whatever, so might end up there.

Not sure though because might want to be at a bar or something where it's a bit more crazy. I have a feeling this will all be my older group of friends in their 40s and 50s, which isn't bad, but just might be more fun in a place getting a little more wild.
Reply/Quote
Will be watching the game on the big screen while eating nachos and drinking my Rolling Rock brewskies.CheersDrunk
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 06:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: My friend just text me to say that some people are going to Garzelli's, which is a little Italian place with a nice bar set-up to watch games and whatever, so might end up there.

Not sure though because might want to be at a bar or something where it's a bit more crazy. I have a feeling this will all be my older group of friends in their 40s and 50s, which isn't bad, but just might be more fun in a place getting a little more wild.

Age discrimination!  Elder abuse!  Come over to my house, Brad.  I'm 74 and pretty damn wild.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 07:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Will be watching the game on the big screen while eating nachos and drinking my Rolling Rock brewskies.CheersDrunk

Pittsburgh beer.  Shame on you.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 07:18 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Pittsburgh beer.  Shame on you.

Latrobe brewing Company, is that in Pitt?
Reply/Quote
I’ll be watching on my couch. Probably eat a bowl of chili while watching the pregame with a Modello.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 07:38 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ll be watching on my couch. Probably eat a bowl of chili while watching the pregame with a Modello.

I got some Modelo's myself all ready. It is a very special occasion.

Speedy Thomas shocked me with the Pitt statement. Rolling Rock is really cheap here though, so I got to buy it.

I would go to the poor house if I bought Modelo's all the time. Spendy.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 07:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Latrobe brewing Company, is that in Pitt?

Close enough.

One more thing, grasshopper:  Life is too short to drink cheap beer. But I don't know that you can get any decent beer way out where you are.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 07:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Latrobe brewing Company, is that in Pitt?

Latrobe is Pitt, I'm pretty sure.  But I also think they're owned now by ABInBev, so it's really St Louis beer by way of ownership  Tongue

Melvin Brewing is a GREAT Wyoming brewery, over on your side of the lovely state.  They've got a blonde, pilsner and Mexican lager in their lineup, so a few beers worth trying for you.  Probably the blonde and Mexican lager in particular, as I can't remember what kind of pils they make (some are very hoppy).  
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 07:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I got some Modelo's myself all ready. It is a very special occasion.

Speedy Thomas shocked me with the Pitt statement. Rolling Rock is really cheap here though, so I got to buy it.

I would go to the poor house if I bought Modelo's all the time. Spendy.

Should have gone since I’m about 5 hours from KC. Thinking about prime rib for after the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 07:51 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Close enough.

One more thing, grasshopper:  Life is too short to drink cheap beer.  But I don't know that you can get any decent beer way out where you are.

Good enough for me, if I was rich I would buy spendy beer. Not there yet and I like Rolling Rock. Sorry Speedy lol

(01-27-2022, 07:56 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Latrobe is Pitt, I'm pretty sure.  But I also think they're owned now by ABInBev, so it's really St Louis beer by way of ownership  Tongue

Melvin Brewing is a GREAT Wyoming brewery, over on your side of the lovely state.  They've got a blonde, pilsner and Mexican lager in their lineup, so a few beers worth trying for you.  Probably the blonde and Mexican lager in particular, as I can't remember what kind of pils they make (some are very hoppy).  

Thanks bro, St Louis beer that makes me feel better ha ha. 

Oh yeah, Melvins is damn good and they got great eats too. Just had me some 2 by 4's the other night my best 
buddy brought over with some Fireball. Damn that gave me a hangover. Sick Melvins is our stop around here, you 
been to Alpine, Wyoming MHG? They got a big warehouse with all their beer on tap with all the giant vats there for
you to look at. My family and I have a blast everytime we go there. I love their Pilsner's. Smirk

Yes, Melvins can be very hoppy. I prefer the light blends, hate how my head feels when I drink those dark beers.

They change the names of their beers often but I bet you remember their 2 by 4's as they are a staple.

(01-27-2022, 08:10 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Should have gone since I’m about 5 hours from KC. Thinking about prime rib for after the game.

The best. Wink
Reply/Quote
Watching it at home with the wife & kids (7, twin 5 yr olds). Using this year's playoffs to lock in lifetime Bengals fandom for my kids like it was done to me as a 2nd grader in 88.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 08:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good enough for me, if I was rich I would buy spendy beer. Not there yet and I like Rolling Rock. Sorry Speedy lol

No problem.  Before I struck it rich in bitcoin  Hilarious  and could afford better I woofed down large quantities of Rock.  All the while speculating on the significance of "33."  It's actually pretty good, especially for a mass-produced beer.

Latrobe is almost suburban Shittsburgh (40 miles).  But it's also the home of one of my all-time favorite professional athletes, Arnold Palmer.  So there's that.

Especially in Wyoming, you could do much worse than Rolling Rock.
Reply/Quote