Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Where are the Parents
(01-15-2019, 10:57 AM)Dill Wrote: LOL I don't remember a kid being quite like that in my day.   There are no really bad kids, but there are bad parents for sure.

I felt sorry for the guy though.  Looks like PTSD to me.

But maybe he just grew up in a really strict home, where women of any age don't get to talk back.  So this sassy girl just triggered him and he handled it exactly the way good old dad would have.

I can see myself in the same situation, trying to break up a fight, but then I would have just held the girl at arms length if she attacked me, at most pushed her away in self defense. Even if she hit me, I'd be inclined to leave it up to the law.

Landing a haymaker with closed fist on an 80 lb child--that is something else.

Bad people on both sides of this one.

Early 90's I remember a group of kids that were hanging out with the little sister of a girl I was dating throwing maxi pads at people from the the second floor of a mall.

On the other end we've had shootings in and outside Pittsburgh malls (by teens) just within the last year.

Bad kids are bad kids.  The reason why they are bad can be debated.

Adult "men" who punch 11 year old girls are idiots unless he is being mobbed and swinging for his life and safety and clips one.

Of course on the other end you also have the superhero, wannabe cops, who feel the need to step in when they don't have the training to handle a situation and then get in over their head.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
That man had no business interjecting himself into that situation. I don't spend much time at malls, but I assume that they have security or cops on duty. Pat pointed out that he had what appeared to be no training in handling this matter... It shows.

I can't believe people here are suggesting probation or community service for this clown either. I don't see a victimless crime in that video. I see a man inflicting a brain injury on a child. I dunno, but I think battery should come with a lil time in the county jail.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(01-15-2019, 01:41 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Where were you when you were zip tying this child and what had they done prior?

airport bathroom / pissed weird

(01-15-2019, 11:16 AM)jason Wrote: That man had no business interjecting himself into that situation. I don't spend much time at malls, but I assume that they have security or cops on duty. Pat pointed out that he had what appeared to be no training in handling this matter... It shows.

I can't believe people here are suggesting probation or community service for this clown either. I don't see a victimless crime in that video. I see a man inflicting a brain injury on a child. I dunno, but I think battery should come with a lil time in the county jail.

bingo.

a little girl is not a threat.  saying she 'may have had a weapon', is not an excuse.  throw this guy in the slammer for a while and let the civil courts bleed him dry. 

I'd be interested to know if the juvenile made the decision to decline medical transport on her own, or if a guardian made that choice.  If the on duty security guard allowed a recently unconscious minor walk away on her own cognizance, they ****** up as well.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-15-2019, 11:16 AM)jason Wrote: That man had no business interjecting himself into that situation. I don't spend much time at malls, but I assume that they have security or cops on duty. Pat pointed out that he had what appeared to be no training in handling this matter... It shows.

Don't get me wrong, I think he deserves jail time, but I think he'll plead to probation and I'd rather they get him for something rather than some jury accepting self defense. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-15-2019, 12:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I think he deserves jail time, but I think he'll plead to probation and I'd rather they get him for something rather than some jury accepting self defense. 

Yea it's more about what will happen versus should. It costs the government more money to prosecute him and risk a crazy jury letting him go than it is to let him plea out as a first time offender. 
The dude definitely should get some jailtime. It wasn't like the girl was coming at him with a weapon, or the group was coming at him with an intention to hurt him either. He made two bad judgements, one that could have killed the girl.

If that was me and I was concerned what was happening, I would have just called the police and let them handle it. If they were beating another kid up, then I would call the police, and then go try to break it up while not decking anyone unless I had no other option. This guy had other options.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(01-15-2019, 12:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea it's more about what will happen versus should. It costs the government more money to prosecute him and risk a crazy jury letting him go than it is to let him plea out as a first time offender. 

I'm fine with him getting a plea deal.  His pocketbook will be his real atonement.  Won't be hitting any little girls at the mall after his truck is taken and his measly retirement fund is bled dry.  If this nickle dick piss ant has any sort of public facing 

Not just a low life prick for hitting a little girl.  Also a complete moron for not having the foresight to see its in his best interest to just walk away.  Idiot.

Numbnuts can kiss his 'piano lessons' side gig goodbye.
(01-15-2019, 01:31 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'm fine with him getting a plea deal.  His pocketbook will be his real atonement.  Won't be hitting any little girls at the mall after his truck is taken and his measly retirement fund is bled dry.  If this nickle dick piss ant has any sort of public facing 

Not just a low life prick for hitting a little girl.  Also a complete moron for not having the foresight to see its in his best interest to just walk away.  Idiot.

He's a piano teacher. He already took his personal and professional facebook pages down

(01-15-2019, 01:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He's a piano teacher. He already took his personal and professional facebook pages down

HA.  Just saw that.  

Now back to the OG question.  Where were his parents?  How could his parents raise him to believe it is acceptable for a grown ass man to knock a little girl unconscious?  

Unfortunately his wife and children will also be paying the price for old iron-fisted twinkle-fingers.  Doubt this is the first terrible decision they've seen him make.  
I'm not willing to destroy this guy's life over this.  I don't know his story and maybe this was a one time thing. It is still unacceptable behavior for a grown man...but I don't want to see him done forever because of it.

Now if there are other things that come up that put this in a different light I have to be open to changing my opinion on that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-15-2019, 02:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm not willing to destroy this guy's life over this.  I don't know his story and maybe this was a one time thing. It is still unacceptable behavior for a grown man...but I don't want to see him done forever because of it.

Now if there are other things that come up that put this in a different light I have to be open to changing my opinion on that.

Oh absolutely.  I mean after he is stripped of all his assets, declares bankruptcy, moves into public housing and the family unit is dismantled as a result of his actions; he can always pick himself up by the bootstraps.  
Well, ya'll know what Snoop would say. "Drop it like it's hot!"
There's never a reason for a 51 year old to punch an 11 year old. Never. Anyone arguing otherwise has some serious issues.

Let a 51 year old do that to your 11 year old and we'll see how you handle it.

We are the adults in these situations for a reason.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(01-15-2019, 02:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm not willing to destroy this guy's life over this.  I don't know his story and maybe this was a one time thing. It is still unacceptable behavior for a grown man...but I don't want to see him done forever because of it.

None if us know for sure, but I highly doubt this was the first lapse in judgement or f'ed up thing this guy has done. If it is, it was a doozy... 0 to 100 real quick.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
None of the nobility in this thread changes my original question. Where were the parents and should they be held accountable?

As I said we do not know the man's level of flight or fight and I have no issue with a Samaritan trying to restore peace. As I said we all wish he would have taken less physical measures, but I don't see where he "attacked" anyone. The child charged at him 3 times.

As to a man doing that to my 11 year old. I'd feel a level of responsibility that I left my 11 year old child unattended in such an environment. I,m the one that put my child in harm's way.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-15-2019, 02:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: There's never a reason for a 51 year old to punch an 11 year old. Never. Anyone arguing otherwise has some serious issues.

Let a 51 year old do that to your 11 year old and we'll see how you handle it.

We are the adults in these situations for a reason.

...or has seen first hand the damage an 11 year old can inflict.

Is there ever a situation where its ok to shoot an 11 year old? or is just the less lethal method of striking "never" a reason?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-15-2019, 03:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: None of the nobility in this thread changes my original question. Where were the parents and should they be held accountable?

As I said we do not know the man's level of flight or fight and I have no issue with a Samaritan trying to restore peace. As I said we all wish he would have taken less physical measures, but I don't see where he "attacked" anyone. The child charged at him 3 times.

As to a man doing that to my 11 year old. I'd feel a level of responsibility that I left my 11 year old child unattended in such an environment. I,m the one that put my child in harm's way.

Once he realized that girl had zero respect for him, he should have matadored that kid, and alerted the cops or security.

I get your point... She clearly has some suspect upbringing at home. That doesn't mean her folks should be held accountable in a court of law. I don't remember the Columbine shooters' parents being charged. The court of public opinion is something we though.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
No 51 year old man should fear an 11 year old girl (who I guess I have to say doesn't have a gun since you moved the goal post). Sorry Bfine. You won't find me defending him knocking her out.

If that person had a gun then okay. But those are two different things and when that happens it emotionally destroys the adult. Many times so that they do not ever get over it. Think of war when kids have bombs strapped to them and are forced to walk towards the US military base. These actions aren't taken lightly and shouldn't be.

There's kids we all probably wanted to punch a time or two over our lives. Maybe even our own. But as adults we know better, and are expected to know better. If that happened to your kid you'd think differently.

Our brains are the mature ones. Not the 11 year olds.

Let me change the goal post on you. Would you feel it's right if a 51 year old beat up the 11 year old bully that was picking on their 11 year old son/daughter?

Would it be different if the girl was 9? What is your age limit for knocking folks out if you don't mind me asking.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(01-15-2019, 03:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: None of the nobility in this thread changes my original question. Where were the parents and should they be held accountable?

lol "charged 3 times". Outright lying about what was on the video isn't going to sway anyone. 

(01-15-2019, 03:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...or has seen first hand the damage an 11 year old can inflict.

What damage have you seen an 11 year old inflict and where did you witness this? I asked earlier and you stopped responding to me.