Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the moves?
Seeing this below makes me sick. The GB OL man is a pretty good one and the WR I was pretty high in coming out of college. Why do we see teams that look pretty strong already make moves on a daily basis while we have the same weaknesses every year.

The Browns also swung a few trades, acquiring Tennessee Titans WR Taywan Taylor, a third-round selection in 2017, in exchange for a 2020 seventh-round draft pick and swapped 2020 seventh-round picks with the Green Bay Packers in a deal for guard Justin McCray, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero confirmed.

Makes some moves to fix this line and defensive backs please.
Reply/Quote
Give them time FFS.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I've seen teams make big moves that blow up in their faces, too.
Reply/Quote
Considering that the Browns have pretty much already been crowned division champions and Super Bowl contenders, they sure as hell better be making some moves. If they fall flat on their face like they always do the whole city may burn.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 09:56 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Considering that the Browns have pretty much already been crowned division champions and Super Bowl contenders, they sure as hell better be making some moves. If they fall flat on their face like they always do the whole city may burn.

It literally could. The lake caught on fire there before!
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 08:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Give them time FFS.

How many years you need?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 08:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Give them time FFS.

(08-31-2019, 10:11 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: How many years you need?

"Ain't no sunshine when he's gone"

[Image: th?id=OIP.M3AxOpfuNNYhWMRmCWrOswHaFB&pid...=222&h=151]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 10:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It literally could. The lake caught on fire there before!

That was the Cuyahoga River but close enough...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 09:52 PM)Destro Wrote: I've seen teams make big moves that blow up in their faces, too.

You mean like Mike Brown making a guy in his early 30's the HC?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 08:34 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Seeing this below makes me sick. The GB OL man is a pretty good one and the WR I was pretty high in coming out of college. Why do we see teams that look pretty strong already make moves on a daily basis while we have the same weaknesses every year.

The Browns also swung a few trades, acquiring Tennessee Titans WR Taywan Taylor, a third-round selection in 2017, in exchange for a 2020 seventh-round draft pick and swapped 2020 seventh-round picks with the Green Bay Packers in a deal for guard Justin McCray, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero confirmed.

Anyone ask for moves?

[Image: source.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 08:34 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Seeing this below makes me sick. The GB OL man is a pretty good one and the WR I was pretty high in coming out of college. Why do we see teams that look pretty strong already make moves on a daily basis while we have the same weaknesses every year.

Maybe this one will tickle your fancy

[Image: tenor.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 10:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It literally could. The lake caught on fire there before!

Cuyahoga River..... Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'll likely get a lot of disagreements from folks here which is fine by me. We're entitled to our individual opinions even though none of us or at least none that I'm aware of have any real financial stakes in what goes on with this or any other team or leagues. The only real stakes we have is whether we buy tickets or "gear" from the teams or otherwise pay money to watch on TV or other venues.
That said, it's my opinion that as an owner of an NFL franchise or just about any pro sports franchise at the major levels, NFL, MLB, NBA, etc., as opposed to minor leagues and so on it's nearly impossible to lose money in the business. It certainly seems like Mike Brown or any NFL owner would have to just give every fan that even so much as thinks about the team(s) a big box of cash, thousands and thousands of dollars every game in order to lose money owning the team. Short of that every single player would have to be paid upwards of tens of millions of dollars per game.
In other words, they have so much money at their disposal it's utterly absurd. How could it be even possible that the Bengals could be valued at over a billion dollars? Simple, they're part of the cabal to entertain us all every Sunday during the season. The team could be located just about anywhere. It just happens to be located in or very close to downtown Cincinnati. 
I really don't believe they're in any true competition in winning championships. If you can make billions of dollars owning a team regardless of whether they win or not the notion that they care enough goes right out the window.
Think about it. Over the past decade or thereabouts the Browns win/loss record should show a team on the verge of financial ruin, but yet they can simply buy better players while a team, the Bengals in this case with a much better win/loss record over the same time span cannot buy their way to a championship? Now why is that? If I were a betting man and I most certainly am not I might think there's something called collusion going on to ensure that certain teams are going to win while others are not. They all play on Sundays and we know that the 'best teams' don't always play against other 'best teams' and the 'lousy teams' don't always play against other 'lousy teams'. They simply switch them around to make it appear it's an even competition. To make it worse every season there's always controversy (and many other controversies) about referees throwing games to favored teams and QBs whether you want to believe it's going on or not. There is no controversy over whether there is a controversy or not. The league and owners still make profits with controversy in the same way that all publicity is good publicity. Nobody ever got rich by never being noticed by enough people.
All that said and even though I don't and never will believe that everything is on the up and up in professional sports, I'm still a fan of two professional sports franchises, The Cincinnati Reds and the Cincinnati Bengals.  I'd love to believe they're both completely honest brokers for my attention and sports dollars, but my suspicious mind and years of reading and hearing about dirty deeds by players, coaches, owners, agents and so on tell me a completely different story and that is that Mike Brown makes enough money owning the team he doesn't really have to care whether the team wins or loses any given day and when you get right down to it owning a pro sports team IS a business there to make profits first and foremost.. Winning is nice, but no team will ever win the superbowl by being in perpetual bankruptcy. I believe he wants to win, but if winning means fewer dollars on his balance sheet losing will do just as good. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 10:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You mean like Mike Brown making a guy in his early 30's the HC?

Maybe said guy has very little OC experience at the NFL level too. Maybe like a handful of games? Hypothetically of course.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 09:52 PM)Destro Wrote: I've seen teams make big moves that blow up in their faces, too.

We haven't won a playoff game in 28+ years. What's the worst that could happen IF we make a big move?

It's not like it has the potential to disrupt a Super Bowl run. We've been mediocre or less since MB has been owner.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are pretty confident in the WR unit right now and Offensive lineman are pretty expensive right now.
The Browns just traded for a guard this week (who was a 5th Rd pick)for a 5th and 6th that's pretty expensive for a 2nd year backup. Also the tackle from Green Bay they got played under the Browns o line coach while he was Green Bay
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 11:05 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'll likely get a lot of disagreements from folks here which is fine by me. We're entitled to our individual opinions even though none of us or at least none that I'm aware of have any real financial stakes in what goes on with this or any other team or leagues. The only real stakes we have is whether we buy tickets or "gear" from the teams or otherwise pay money to watch on TV or other venues.
That said, it's my opinion that as an owner of an NFL franchise or just about any pro sports franchise at the major levels, NFL, MLB, NBA, etc., as opposed to minor leagues and so on it's nearly impossible to lose money in the business. It certainly seems like Mike Brown or any NFL owner would have to just give every fan that even so much as thinks about the team(s) a big box of cash, thousands and thousands of dollars every game in order to lose money owning the team. Short of that every single player would have to be paid upwards of tens of millions of dollars per game.
In other words, they have so much money at their disposal it's utterly absurd. How could it be even possible that the Bengals could be valued at over a billion dollars? Simple, they're part of the cabal to entertain us all every Sunday during the season. The team could be located just about anywhere. It just happens to be located in or very close to downtown Cincinnati. 
I really don't believe they're in any true competition in winning championships. If you can make billions of dollars owning a team regardless of whether they win or not the notion that they care enough goes right out the window.
Think about it. Over the past decade or thereabouts the Browns win/loss record should show a team on the verge of financial ruin, but yet they can simply buy better players while a team, the Bengals in this case with a much better win/loss record over the same time span cannot buy their way to a championship? Now why is that? If I were a betting man and I most certainly am not I might think there's something called collusion going on to ensure that certain teams are going to win while others are not. They all play on Sundays and we know that the 'best teams' don't always play against other 'best teams' and the 'lousy teams' don't always play against other 'lousy teams'. They simply switch them around to make it appear it's an even competition. To make it worse every season there's always controversy (and many other controversies) about referees throwing games to favored teams and QBs whether you want to believe it's going on or not. There is no controversy over whether there is a controversy or not. The league and owners still make profits with controversy in the same way that all publicity is good publicity. Nobody ever got rich by never being noticed by enough people.
All that said and even though I don't and never will believe that everything is on the up and up in professional sports, I'm still a fan of two professional sports franchises, The Cincinnati Reds and the Cincinnati Bengals.  I'd love to believe they're both completely honest brokers for my attention and sports dollars, but my suspicious mind and years of reading and hearing about dirty deeds by players, coaches, owners, agents and so on tell me a completely different story and that is that Mike Brown makes enough money owning the team he doesn't really have to care whether the team wins or loses any given day and when you get right down to it owning a pro sports team IS a business there to make profits first and foremost.. Winning is nice, but no team will ever win the superbowl by being in perpetual bankruptcy. I believe he wants to win, but if winning means fewer dollars on his balance sheet losing will do just as good. 

IF the NFL were fixed and they chose to make the Bengals not win a playoff game for 28+ years...that would be one of the cruelest things ever.

The Rams making the SB last year on that terrible pass interference call seems to be evidence of a fix...but who knows? Is it intentional? Is it inept officiating? Is it fixed?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 11:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: Cuyahoga River..... Wink

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 11:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF the NFL were fixed and they chose to make the Bengals not win a playoff game for 28+ years...that would be one of the cruelest things ever.

The Rams making the SB last year on that terrible pass interference call seems to be evidence of a fix...but who knows? Is it intentional? Is it inept officiating? Is it fixed?

What can I say? I love a good conspiracy theory when it fits my narratives. When it doesn't it's just some crazy old guy howling at the basement walls.  Smirk
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 11:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We haven't won a playoff game in 28+ years. What's the worst that could happen IF we make a big move?

It's not like it has the potential to disrupt a Super Bowl run. We've been mediocre or less since MB has been owner.

But we have made big moves...we're really going out on a limb with this coaching staff and people are over the moon about it, and that is what amuses me.

Bengals go all in on a young HC and his short-resumed underlings:
Holy moly!  NEW DEY!!!!  Time to change our fortunes, and fortune favors the brave!!!! Shake things up!  Rattle some cages!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Bengals do very little in regards to personnel/players:
This is fine...if they changed things things might become worse.

I'm trying to figure out if we are just throwing coaching under the bus for 2016-2018 and telling ourselves the players never had a real shot, or we just see what changed and what didn't and are being optimistic about what changed and being sour grapes about the changes we can't/won't make.  It's interesting.
Reply/Quote