Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the moves?
(09-01-2019, 07:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No way will MB pay Glenn, Williams, AND Hart big bucks. Unless we could trade Glenn for Williams somehow...but I don't know that I'd want Williams. We have Jonah coming back next year as the LT.

I wouldn’t count on Jonah at all. He may be a good player but we’ve seen plenty of 1st round bust at the OL position over the years. Nothing personal against him, I just don’t think he should influence the decision making process in any way to get this line where it needs to be this year and years to come.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 11:48 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I wouldn’t count on Jonah at all. He may be a good player but we’ve seen plenty of 1st round bust at the OL position over the years. Nothing personal against him, I just don’t think he should influence the decision making process in any way to get this line where it needs to be this year and years to come.

Agree, cannot count on a rookie until he is out there and playing well.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 11:48 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I wouldn’t count on Jonah at all. He may be a good player but we’ve seen plenty of 1st round bust at the OL position over the years. Nothing personal against him, I just don’t think he should influence the decision making process in any way to get this line where it needs to be this year and years to come.

Jonah to me was the safest T prospect in years.  Most T prospects are extremely raw and just cruising on physical gifts in college.  Jonah has extremely good technique and his work ethic is nuts.  Dude keeps spreadsheets on every guy he blocks.  Plus, he played in a pro style offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

So...draft like he doesn't exist?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 02:22 PM)Whatever Wrote: Jonah to me was the safest T prospect in years.  Most T prospects are extremely raw and just cruising on physical gifts in college.  Jonah has extremely good technique and his work ethic is nuts.  Dude keeps spreadsheets on every guy he blocks.  Plus, he played in a pro style offense.

Cannot wait to see Jonah out there.

His shoulder surgery threw me for a loop man.

(09-02-2019, 02:24 PM)McC Wrote: So...draft like he doesn't exist?

Think he was meaning to trade for Trent Williams or sign Matt Khalil...

Trent would like to start immediately though and has a bad attitude from what i hear.

Plus both have injury history.

In FIK's thread he talks about how good Andre looks at LT. Thinking we might be okay.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 09:52 PM)Destro Wrote: I've seen teams make big moves that blow up in their faces, too.

Like running Sam Wyche out of town, or turning down the whole Saints draft to snag Akili Smith?
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if these guys are planning on heading into season with 4 LBs on the roster? Id like to see some moves in that area. With our injury luck, we could lose our entire LB stockpile in a quarter.
Reply/Quote
So our moves are Perine and Cooper. I mean im not mad at them, I liked Perine at OU, and Cooper is a pretty good returner. Still need help at OT and LB.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote