Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do we go??
(10-25-2017, 07:43 PM)Jpoore Wrote:  Jackson isn't as electric as Miller was with the ball in his hands when he's running.... Jackson is a slightly better passer, hut u can't look at numbers.... Osu offense is similar to the Panthers offense. A heavy run first offense with some mesh throws.... Lousville offense will bomb it downfield therefore Jackson attempts much more passes.tyrof Taylor is a great comparison, but are u taking Taylor, even Taylor 2.0 in the top 15? Bc I'm sure as hell not... My qb1 is osu qb..... And as far as mccglitchey u misunderstand what I was saying..... He dosent struggle in the run game, he has some consistency issues ala he dosent hold his blocks as long as he should...  And pass game wise he's elite.

IMO Braxton Miller made a bad decision trying to be a WR for the NFL. He needs to follow the Ty Montgomery model and convert to RB. You're right that he's electric with the ball in his hands, but the problem is getting him the ball. His lateral agility has always been impressive. But he was never going to be a quality QB in the NFL. He was a runner who could throw the ball. Not a passer who could run.

To your comment about would I take Tyrod in top 15? No, I wouldn't, but it's not like Jackson is a consensus top 15 pick anyway. Ultimately it will/should come down to fit. As Royle said, a better comparison would probably be between Vick and VY, both of whom were top 5 picks. If a team believes Jackson could be what those two had potential to be, then it's very realistic to see Jackson as a top 15 pick. But if he's seen truly more as a Tyrod Taylor, then he'd probably be more of a 2nd round pick.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 09:58 AM)ochocincos Wrote: IMO Braxton Miller made a bad decision trying to be a WR for the NFL. He needs to follow the Ty Montgomery model and convert to RB. You're right that he's electric with the ball in his hands, but the problem is getting him the ball. His lateral agility has always been impressive. But he was never going to be a quality QB in the NFL. He was a runner who could throw the ball. Not a passer who could run.

To your comment about would I take Tyrod in top 15? No, I wouldn't, but it's not like Jackson is a consensus top 15 pick anyway. Ultimately it will/should come down to fit. As Royle said, a better comparison would probably be between Vick and VY, both of whom were top 5 picks. If a team believes Jackson could be what those two had potential to be, then it's very realistic to see Jackson as a top 15 pick. But if he's seen truly more as a Tyrod Taylor, then he'd probably be more of a 2nd round pick.

Lamar is better as a QB runner than Braxton was IMO because of his ability to throw.

[Image: DM7M9KiWAAAiWVN.jpg]

He pretty much went untouched here. 

That's just ridiculous. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 11:42 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Lamar is better as a QB runner than Braxton was IMO because of his ability to throw.

[Image: DM7M9KiWAAAiWVN.jpg]

He pretty much went untouched here. 

That's just ridiculous. 

I see Lamar as way too light in the nfl. Add in the level of competition as opposed to Miller and the fact he runs almost right away he would scare me as a pick.... Much rather than kapernick... Miller was never gonna be a good qb, but when he tore his labrum he lost all velocity.... But when I look at miler I see a solid 225-230 as opposed to 210 maybe for Jackson. In Miller when I think of elusiveness I think of this play...
https://youtu.be/gzOzTY8J_HY
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 06:36 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I see Lamar as way too light in the nfl. Add in the level of competition  as opposed to Miller and the fact he runs almost right away he would scare me as a pick.... Much rather than kapernick... Miller was never gonna be a good qb, but when he tore his labrum he lost all velocity.... But when I look at miler I see a solid 225-230 as opposed to 210 maybe for Jackson. In Miller when I think of elusiveness I think of this play...

Huh? Runs right away? What are you talking about?
If you watch the clip I posted he literally reads it, everyone is covered and runs. 

Braxton never had Lamar's arm either. Didn't have the short/mid game Braxton had. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 06:36 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I see Lamar as way too light in the nfl. Add in the level of competition  as opposed to Miller and the fact he runs almost right away he would scare me as a pick.... Much rather than kapernick... Miller was never gonna be a good qb, but when he tore his labrum he lost all velocity.... But when I look at miler I see a solid 225-230 as opposed to 210 maybe for Jackson. In Miller when I think of elusiveness I think of this play...

Braxton Miller - 6'2" 215 lb
Lamar Jackson - 6'3" 211 lb
One inch taller and only 4 lbs lighter.
Plus college players typically bulk up some after college.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm content with Dalton at QB and if we don't (a) fire Marvin/PA and (b) center the draft and FA around this damn line, I'm done.

I can't believe any of you would be talking about QB in the 1st after watching this line for 2 years.

Lamar Jackson would be damaged goods after 5-6 games behind this line. Dude's built like a stick.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2017, 08:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm content with Dalton at QB and if we don't (a) fire Marvin/PA and (b) center the draft and FA around this damn line, I'm done.

I can't believe any of you would be talking about QB in the 1st after watching this line for 2 years.

Lamar Jackson would be damaged goods after 5-6 games behind this line. Dude's built like a stick.

Im not on board with taking qb unless my qb1(Rudolph) fell into the  third or something..... But we can't build the line in fa it's impossible have u seen the tackle class??? It's straight garbage. The best one is solder and he's average at best. So build through the draft. Need to trade mccarron for a second if we can. Get 4 olineman and build the oline.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2017, 02:03 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Im not on board with taking qb unless my qb1(Rudolph) fell into the  third or something..... But we can't build the line in fa it's impossible have u seen the tackle class??? It's straight garbage. The best one is solder and he's average at best. So build through the draft. Need to trade mccarron for a second if we can. Get 4 olineman and build the oline.

I think this Colts game will determine if/how the Bengals participate in trades prior to the Halloween deadline. If they win, they might be buyers (slim chance but still). If they lose, hopefully they trade McCarron for whatever they could get offered because there will be absolutely no chance for playoffs at 2-5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2017, 02:03 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Im not on board with taking qb unless my qb1(Rudolph) fell into the  third or something..... But we can't build the line in fa it's impossible have u seen the tackle class??? It's straight garbage. The best one is solder and he's average at best. So build through the draft. Need to trade mccarron for a second if we can. Get 4 olineman and build the oline.

Heck, we wouldn't go for a tackle in FA even if it were a loaded class. Top linemen tend to get paid in FA. Not overpaid (for the most part), but paid what they're worth, and the Bengals are only into bargains.

(10-28-2017, 11:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think this Colts game will determine if/how the Bengals participate in trades prior to the Halloween deadline. If they win, they might be buyers (slim chance but still). If they lose, hopefully they trade McCarron for whatever they could get offered because there will be absolutely no chance for playoffs at 2-5.

Hate to say it, but it'll surprise me if the Bengals make any moves at all. Trading Mac would surprise me, and even though we talk about firing coaches, I don't think Marv or Paul Alexander are going anywhere.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 08:08 PM)Jpoore Wrote: There are 3 tes that I would react in the first round.... Far and away my favorite is mark Andrews from Oklahoma. A blocking te that can catch and run routes like eifert. Mike gisecki from psu and Troy fumagali from Wisconsin.
Lamar would be a horrible pick. He's basically a less athletic braxon Miller. He's horribly inconsistent, displays no touch or accuracy, and All he wants to do is run.mcglichey leaves something to be desired in the running game(motor questions) but in pass pro, he's on a pedestal all his own.
U would lose ur house. He's 2 years away from a MVP season. Is cam Newton a franchise qb? I would take Dalton over newton any day. Give Dalton weapons and a decent okine, he will tear u apart. We have the weapons. We should draft mcglichey or Williams, jaarco Jones, and bully price along with a rg we're all set.

No, I wouldn't.

Dalton may be a good QB, but he's consistently shown the ability to shrink in big games.  That's not the definition of a franchise QB.

Sure, put a ton of weapons around him and a great O-line and he's good.  Guess what?  All QBs are good in those circumstances.  I like Dalton, but I can't get on board with him any more.  He just doesn't rise up when the big games need to get won.
Reply/Quote

Hey I'm in that video.  Photographer third from the pylon.  Lamar is a beast, but I see him going the same way as RGIII.  One injury away from irrelevance.  
Reply/Quote
Drafting a QB is irrelevant when you have no line to block for him...

You gotta go LT with the #1 pick. Unless of course you really wanna see a rookie QB come in and get slaughtered behind this line just so we can label him as a bust. Doesn't seem all that logical to me. You don't drive without insurance do you? Well this is that same scenario. The Bengals are driving without insurance and they're paying the price.

OT, OG/C and S/CB should be our top priorities in this draft (and yes in that order). If we can draft a new owner or HC that would be great too.
Reply/Quote