Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the praise for the prime time win?
One of the doubters biggest contentions is that the Bengals cannot win in prime time. Where is the praise for proving that sentiment to be false?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 08:19 PM)Beaker Wrote: One of the doubters biggest contentions is that the Bengals cannot win in prime time. Where is the praise for proving that sentiment to be false?

Big win and even bigger in PrimeTime, but I'm over small things like that because we're a better team than that.

I'll give Marvin and the team credit, but good teams want more than small things like that.

I would say that I hope it helps our confidence in big games, but I don't think we needed any help.

Just a minor milestone.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 08:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Big win and even bigger in Primetime, but I'm over small things like that because we're a better team than that.

I'll give Marvin and the team credit, but good teams want more than small things like that.

I would say that I hope it helps our confidence in big games, but I don't think we needed any help.

Just a minor milestone.

In the absence of Bengal football such as it is, I watched part of the Browns game...rooting for the Skins. My big concern is why can't the Bengals generate a running game like both of these teams seem to have. The Browns RB (Crowell) makes Hill look like a statue with his feet tied together. I don't think the Bengals can stop him or WR Terrelle Pryor #11.

BENGALS NEED TO SWEEP THE BROWNS AND THE REST OF THE AFCN TO HAVE ANY CHANCE THIS YEAR!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 08:51 PM)Derrick Wrote: In the absence of Bengal football such as it is, I watched part of the Browns game...rooting for the Skins. My big concern is why can't the Bengals generate a running game like both of these teams seem to have. The Browns RB (Crowell) makes Hill look like a statue with his feet tied together. I don't think the Bengals can stop him or WR Terrelle Pryor #11.

BENGALS NEED TO SWEEP THE BROWNS AND THE REST OF THE AFCN TO HAVE ANY CHANCE THIS YEAR!!!

Considering we are 0-1 in the division already, that can't happen...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 08:19 PM)Beaker Wrote: One of the doubters biggest contentions is that the Bengals cannot win in prime time. Where is the praise for proving that sentiment to be false?

Because over the last 3 or 4 years, the Bengals have won in prime time, with wins over even the Stoolers. Some of us don't waller in the past.
Reply/Quote
Thursday night game.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 08:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Considering we are 0-1 in the division already, that can't happen...

Ha-ha you got me there ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Praise for hitting 8 Field goals!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Heart 

I started a thread right after the win of Bengals going to 2-2....and I gave them praise for beating a not very good Dolphins but a win is a win.  I said 2-2 not a bad start considering the schedule.  Bengals are not 0-4 or 1-3 as some teams....Getting to 2-2 was a nice win. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Because they typically win 1 of every 3...and this was the first one of the year?

Also, they win about half the time on Thurs night.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 08:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Considering we are 0-1 in the division already, that can't happen...

[Image: debbie-downer.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Am happy to see it personally

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It was a great prime time win. We gave up a long TD but other than that completely dominated all aspects of the game. A couple more TD's would've been nice, but there is not much more you can ask for in a game where the Bengals manhandled their opponent as much as they did.

I'm upset we dont look as good as last year also, but it is what it is. I'm not a coach or a player. All I can do is vent about it like the rest of us fans.
Reply/Quote
We beat Miami, at home, with a bunch of FG's

Yayyyy - ummmm not.

Glad for the win. Still not overly impressed.
Reply/Quote
Because I'm not praising shit until they win a playoff game. Nothing they do until that time matters anymore.
Reply/Quote
No praise for winning games that you're supposed to win. It's called doing your job..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 12:05 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No praise for winning games that you're supposed to win.  It's called doing your job..

Agreed.  I'm a bit hesitant to claim us prime-time masters after last year when we managed to win our first prime-time game over the Browns and then drop the 4 remaining prime-time games of the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 11:29 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Because I'm not praising shit until they win a playoff game. Nothing they do until that time matters anymore.

(10-03-2016, 12:05 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No praise for winning games that you're supposed to win.  It's called doing your job..

But if they had lost, these posters would be lamenting how we suck in prime time.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 09:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because they typically win 1 of every 3...and this was the first one of the year?

Also, they win about half the time on Thurs night.

This. I gave them props for the prime-time W, but we still have a few night games left. If they sweep the night games or even come close, people will notice I'm sure.

This too. Happy with the W, but they shouldn't get a parade when they win games they should win. The expectations should be higher than that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 08:51 PM)Derrick Wrote: In the absence of Bengal football such as it is, I watched part of the Browns game...rooting for the Skins. My big concern is why can't the Bengals generate a running game like both of these teams seem to have. The Browns RB (Crowell) makes Hill look like a statue with his feet tied together. I don't think the Bengals can stop him or WR Terrelle Pryor #11.

The 0-4 Browns ? Evidently stopping Crowell and Pryor is not a requirement to beat the Browns. Teams will start to game plan for these two then what ?
Reply/Quote