Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where was the challenge?
On the play where Uzomah should have had the TD catch? Sure, he never got two feet down, but replay clearly showed his knee down in bounds. I realize that Marvin could not have seen that, from his vantage point on the sideline, but someone in the booth should have seen that and alerted him to throw the flag.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Booger McFarland said on the radio this morning that since they were at Heinz Field, Lewis' assistants might not have had access to all the angles on review that they would at home. That was surprising to me, I figured they would be the same everywhere....
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Booger McFarland said on the radio this morning that since they were at Heinz Field, Lewis' assistants might not have had access to all the angles on review that they would at home. That was surprising to me, I figured they would be the same everywhere....

Interesting, as I thought that the NFL rules were pretty clear on making certain that both teams have access to the same technology.

Not to keep harping on the officials, but didn't the NFL instruct it's officials to rule questionable calls catches, and let replay sort it out?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: On the play where Uzomah should have had the TD catch?  Sure, he never got two feet down, but replay clearly showed his knee down in bounds.  I realize that Marvin could not have seen that, from his vantage point on the sideline, but someone in the booth should have seen that and alerted him to throw the flag.

That's on Marvins guys upstairs for not telling him to challenge that. A whole shin is the same as two feet, should have been overturned.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Lewis said in post game that upstairs told him he was out of bounds.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 09:25 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Lewis said in post game that upstairs told him he was out of bounds.

Wow, that is competence at it's finest.  Only the best for this team.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter. Even if Marvin had challenged it, there's no way the call would have been overturned. Boyd's "fumble" proves that.
Reply/Quote
Not to discredit the opportunity to challenge and yes they definitely should have, but does anyone believe that there was a chance in hell it would have been overturned, based upon what we saw??
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 09:25 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Lewis said in post game that upstairs told him he was out of bounds.

So our guys upstairs are incompetent. Good to know.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:50 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Interesting, as I thought that the NFL rules were pretty clear on making certain that both teams have access to the same technology.

Not to keep harping on the officials, but didn't the NFL instruct it's officials to rule questionable calls catches, and let replay sort it out?

The answer to the bolded part is certainly YES but the asterisk that only a few people know about is they will call it this way ONLY IF it does not negatively impact Stooler or Patriot teams, so that explains that.

And I've got to agree that after we saw how accurately video replay dictated officiating in this game, call would have stood on that one too.  I actually don't think that dweeb ref was even looking at the video on the replay anyway, pretty sure I saw him texting Tomlin "don't worry, bro, we gotcha"
Reply/Quote

Yep, that's what I heard too.....who's up there, Piano Man? Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 09:36 AM)Earendil Wrote: It doesn't matter.  Even if Marvin had challenged it, there's no way the call would have been overturned.  Boyd's "fumble" proves that.

Probably so. 

But even if the crew upstairs did not have all the angles to view ? They should have at least had the live TV footage showing replays. 

Not saying someone should be fired. But will say they should be removed from booth immediately if Marvin told the truth. 

Off subject and definitely steamed about refs. But was surprised at how the Bengals players seemed to not take game personal and seemed nonchalant at times.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 09:59 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Probably so. 

But even if the crew upstairs did not have all the angles to view ? They should have at least had the live TV footage showing replays. 

Not saying someone should be fired. But will say they should be removed from booth immediately if Marvin told the truth. 

Off subject and definitely steamed about refs. But was surprised at how the Bengals players seemed to not take game personal and seemed nonchalant at times.  

I really was too.  Even the field reported commented at how subdued BOTH sidelines were throughout most of the game.  Which was great, assuming that the freaking officials could have still called normal penalties that happen in football games ( like holding specifically) a bit more than worrying about whose temper is starting to flare up.  I almost got the impression the refs were so over-concerned about after the play stuff that they forgot to actually watch the plays that were happening...
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 10:02 AM)jonesy84 Wrote: I really was too.  Even the field reported commented at how subdued BOTH sidelines were throughout most of the game.  Which was great, assuming that the freaking officials could have still called normal penalties that happen in football games ( like holding specifically) a bit more than worrying about whose temper is starting to flare up.  I almost got the impression the refs were so over-concerned about after the play stuff that they forgot to actually watch the plays that were happening...

The team likely had strict orders from Marvin to not contest any rulings by the officials, not to engage the Steelers in any trash talk, to by no means play mean and aggressive, as all eyes would be looking to punish the Bengals for physically destroying the Steelers in January.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 10:05 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The team likely had strict orders from Marvin to not contest any rulings by the officials, not to engage the Steelers in any trash talk, to by no means play mean and aggressive, as all eyes would be looking to punish the Bengals for physically destroying the Steelers in January.

Sadly yes, probably true also.  Tough to watch a Bengals team play when it feels like they have to be held back and play 80%, for fear of officials throwing flags at them for bullshit. 
Reply/Quote
I don't see how anyone can even think we would win that challenge for a second. They didn't give us the Boyd fumble, why would they give us that? Was his knee truly in bounds... IDK hard to tell, OK WASTED CHALLENGE.

It wouldn't have gone our way even if he was in.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 10:24 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I don't see how anyone can even think we would win that challenge for a second. They didn't give us the Boyd fumble, why would they give us that? Was his knee truly in bounds... IDK hard to tell, OK WASTED CHALLENGE.

It wouldn't have gone our way even if he was in.

It was the lack of anyone even noticing that a challenge was warranted that got my attention.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 10:26 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It was the lack of anyone even noticing that a challenge was warranted that got my attention.

^^This....     You have to FORCE the replay booth to look at it, even if it doesn't go our way, just forces even more attention to the preferential treatment Shitsburgh gets, if nothing else.   not that it will ever change, sadly  Sick
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 10:26 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It was the lack of anyone even noticing that a challenge was warranted that got my attention.

I watched it in my living room and didn't think it was worth a challenge, but I guess I didn't look at it well enough. Still thought it was argueable that his knee touched the line, and the refs weren't going to overturn it... I guess you guys would be calling for my head Big Grin lol
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 10:53 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I watched it in my living room and didn't think it was worth a challenge, but I guess I didn't look at it well enough. Still thought it was argueable that his knee touched the line, and the refs weren't going to overturn it... I guess you guys would be calling for my head Big Grin lol

I'm not here trying to bash you, or discredit either your opinion or eyesight, but the TV commentators had no problem seeing that it should have been a challenge, and I agree with them.  The question is;  Why do our coaches in the booth not have the same camera angles and technology that we all see on television?  Or, is it more that they are just not paying close enough attention up there?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote