Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will YOU go, when SHTF?
(06-21-2015, 12:53 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You want me to broadcast my assets and draw all kinds of undesirables??  Smirk

In that case, I've got a lovely garden out by the fence...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-21-2015, 01:45 AM)Benton Wrote: In that case, I've got a lovely garden out by the fence...

Hold on a sec... You don't want me to look at any flowers, do you? 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
I think an offshore oil rig would work nicely. Easy to defend, the right one has wind generated power, fishing for food and they are usually stocked with months worth of food and fresh water.
(06-20-2015, 10:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Boat and head to the Caribbean.

Very underrated.  If you can fish and have water filltration, nothing beats a boat.  But it's a mistake to go ashore, on multiple levels.
(06-21-2015, 12:35 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: You forgot the most important part...a water supply like a lake that is rain and/or spring fed.

Barrels and gutters would take care of most of it...but there are springs close enough.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-21-2015, 12:08 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Very nice...  

One advantage we have down here is that every house has hurricane shutters.  And they secure a house pretty quick with enough visibility to move in and out as needed.    That would cover you for the intial .... Then we have a sea escape as well.   But that's dicey .... Ofc there are loads of islands out there east to find.

Going to an island would be a good choice.  If you had the man power to clear the land of the zombies...and it was the kind of place where you could grow enough food.    More susceptible to weather disasters unless buildings are already designed and built there too.
[Image: 11.09.01_FortKnox-1.png]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I'll be the one running the fan.
(06-21-2015, 01:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'll be the one running the fan.

Remotely, I'd hope.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-21-2015, 05:16 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Very underrated.  If you can fish and have water filltration, nothing beats a boat.  But it's a mistake to go ashore, on multiple levels.

True, but he ability to go ashore them back out is there....
(06-21-2015, 01:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 11.09.01_FortKnox-1.png]

Isn't there loads of meds there as well?

That we were stocking up on in case the soviets turned the world against us
(06-21-2015, 06:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: True, but he ability to go ashore them back out is there....

I grew up around boats. The biggest problem with a boat is... it's a boat. If it isn't floating, it's being worked on. Sail boats are the most reliable but also the ones that will be the most susceptible for bad weather.
(06-22-2015, 12:23 AM)Benton Wrote: I grew up around boats. The biggest problem with a boat is... it's a boat. If it isn't floating, it's being worked on. Sail boats are the most reliable but also the ones that will be the most susceptible for bad weather.

Yeah I know. found a cool article a Cpl years ago on zombie safe houses for sale.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/houses-to-survive-a-zombie-apocalypse-in#.riGAkj5D5a

http://www.realtor.com/news/penetrate-this-sixteen-fortresses-for-staving-off-the-zombie-apocalypse-photos/
(06-20-2015, 11:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: Secure building.  Access to multiple roads and woods but secluded enough to be passed by.  All doors open out.  One set of glass doors and three windows easily closed off.  Large storage area.  Smaller living area that is easy to keep warm in winter and cool in summer.  Gas appliances and access to propane tanks.

Also due to the business located near by the ability to quickly build a surrounding wall.

Land for farming...ample wildlife for hunting.
It's pretty easy to pull the hinge pins... I guess that's where the wall comes in.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-22-2015, 11:15 PM)jason Wrote: It's pretty easy to pull the hinge pins... I guess that's where the wall comes in.

Outward swinging external doors require the door to be open to remove the hinge pins.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(06-22-2015, 11:15 PM)jason Wrote: It's pretty easy to pull the hinge pins... I guess that's where the wall comes in.

Now that you mention that I'd have to look...

I chose that feature because zombies seem to have a problem pulling doors open vs pushing them open.  And now that I say that I doubt a zombie would have the ability to remove the hinge pins!   Smirk

Other than the one glass door the rest are steel and bolted shut on the inside.
(06-21-2015, 05:16 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote:  But it's a mistake to go ashore, on multiple levels.

[Image: Picture%2B5X.jpg]
(06-23-2015, 07:08 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Outward swinging external doors require the door to be open to remove the hinge pins.

Yeah, you don't just take an inward swinging door, and mount it reverse..

You get a door designed to open outward.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Lake Tahoe. Endless fresh water and fish. Also it's surrounded by mountains and it would be fairly easy to clog the tunnels cutting through them.