Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will we land on the Opening Day OL?
(08-19-2021, 01:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jordon has done nothing to earn any benefit of the doubt, but at the same time I believe it is possible for MJ to step his game up.  He is still just 23 and has a new coach.

It's possible, but I guarantee you that no fan will feel comfortable when he is out there until at least a month or two after how he's performed the past two years.

Like for me, I wouldn't think, "Wow, he's really improved!" I'd think, "Great, no one else is good enough to be better than MJ."
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2021, 05:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This. They will start the grizzled vets, and bring the younger players along as they progress until they take the spots.

is hopkins on pace for a week 1 start?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 05:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: is hopkins on pace for a week 1 start?

Taylor says he is. Said in an interview they don't feel like Hopkins needs the pre season game reps, but he's been taking the first team reps in camp with no issues.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 05:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Taylor says he is. Said in an interview they don't feel like Hopkins needs the pre season game reps, but he's been taking the first team reps in camp with no issues.

Sounds good, plus it is nice getting Hill and Price a lot of snaps this Preseason. Cannot believe it but even Price looked much better 
against Tampa and from I heard has been having a nice camp. Pollack has really helped everybody it seems.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 04:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's possible, but I guarantee you that no fan will feel comfortable when he is out there until at least a month or two after how he's performed the past two years.

Like for me, I wouldn't think, "Wow, he's really improved!" I'd think, "Great, no one else is good enough to be better than MJ."

Problem is that even if he plays well a lot of people around here will refuse to acknowledge it.  Just ask Andre Smith.

I am not willing to bet anything on Jordan being good this year, but I still think it is possible for him to take a big step forward at his age with a new coach.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 03:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually that is exactly what I see happening.

To me Smith is the biggest surprise in camp this year.  I liked the pick, and so did a few others here, but I don't think ANYONE expected him to be this good this fast.  We were all looking to next year when Reiff was gone (possibly)

Dead on with Smith.  I just wonder if his length isn't better suited as the RT and Carman as the RG, but either way it would be massive for this organization to be able to use next year's first round pick on a wide receiver.

I'm totally kidding, just wanted to see how many people would crap their pants and hit the reply button before reading this sentence.  But seriously, it would open up the draft to allow for another pass rusher or defensive back at the top of the draft while still getting Adeniji back for quality depth.  

That's not to say they couldn't go after another guard but that could be in round 2 or 3.  

I am beyond excited about Smith and hope Carman continues to put in the extra work and develops in to what they hoped for at RG or even RT.  
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 09:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dead on with Smith.  I just wonder if his length isn't better suited as the RT and Carman as the RG, but either way it would be massive for this organization to be able to use next year's first round pick on a wide receiver.

I'm totally kidding, just wanted to see how many people would crap their pants and hit the reply button before reading this sentence.  But seriously, it would open up the draft to allow for another pass rusher or defensive back at the top of the draft while still getting Adeniji back for quality depth.  

That's not to say they couldn't go after another guard but that could be in round 2 or 3.  

I am beyond excited about Smith and hope Carman continues to put in the extra work and develops in to what they hoped for at RG or even RT.  

dude next year has to be a FB in round 1 lol   when was the last time we had a great fullback.

if we ended up finding 2 long term OL starters in the same draft that would be impressive.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 09:26 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: dude next year has to be a FB in round 1 lol   when was the last time we had a great fullback.

To answer your question, I would have to go with Ryan Hewitt, converted TE from Stanford.  Before that, the fat ass known as Jeremi Johnson.  I got a good laugh at your post, so I tip my hat to you and bow (checking to make sure no steeler fans are behind me first).

Maybe another good option would be a kicker to push McPherson?  We don't want that guy to get lazy and be the next Fat Randy.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 09:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: To answer your question, I would have to go with Ryan Hewitt, converted TE from Stanford.  Before that, the fat ass known as Jeremi Johnson.  I got a good laugh at your post, so I tip my hat to you and bow (checking to make sure no steeler fans are behind me first).

Maybe another good option would be a kicker to push McPherson?  We don't want that guy to get lazy and be the next Fat Randy.  Hilarious

can never have enough good kickers on the roster thats for sure... Maybe a Punter/Kicker  that can do both and save us a roster spot.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 07:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Problem is that even if he plays well a lot of people around here will refuse to acknowledge it.  Just ask Andre Smith.

I am not willing to bet anything on Jordan being good this year, but I still think it is possible for him to take a big step forward at his age with a new coach.

I'd have to see him play really well for like 10+ games to give me confidence he's turned a corner.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 11:19 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: can never have enough good kickers on the roster thats for sure... Maybe a Punter/Kicker  that can do both and save us a roster spot.

Or use that first round pick on a long snapper?  Ours is getting up there in years...  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 12:10 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Or use that first round pick on a long snapper?  Ours is getting up there in years...  Ninja

pass catching OT is also needed
Reply/Quote
I admit Jordan has looked better since he has gotten coached on correct footwork and hand work. I also admit I am leery of him starting. I'd rather have XSF start and IF Jordan proves himself over time he can start getting live game snaps.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 12:10 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Or use that first round pick on a long snapper?  Ours is getting up there in years...  Ninja

So is Huber....
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 04:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's possible, but I guarantee you that no fan will feel comfortable when he is out there until at least a month or two after how he's performed the past two years.

I will be comfortable if Pollack decides he deserves to be out there. Making a blanket statement speaking for everyone is over the top and only made to exaggerate your point. If you would have said most fans, then no issue. But, I also think players improve and lots of history of players at all positions making huge leaps from year 2 to year 3.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 09:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dead on with Smith.  I just wonder if his length isn't better suited as the RT and Carman as the RG, but either way it would be massive for this organization to be able to use next year's first round pick on a wide receiver.

I am excited to see how the OL performs against a great WFT DL tonight. I will be watching all closely including Jordan, Carman, Price, X, Spain, Smith and others.

The OL play well last week (much better than 2020), but just one game in preseason so I want to see continued progression on our OL and our DL. I believe you win in the trenches and obviously we were bottom tier on both lines in 2020.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 11:19 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: can never have enough good kickers on the roster thats for sure... Maybe a Punter/Kicker  that can do both and save us a roster spot.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 01:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I will be comfortable if Pollack decides he deserves to be out there. Making a blanket statement speaking for everyone is over the top and only made to exaggerate your point. If you would have said most fans, then no issue. But, I also think players improve and lots of history of players at all positions making huge leaps from year 2 to year 3.

Sorry. I should have said most. I said an absolute because I really figured no one would feel comfortable just because Pollack would put him in there.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote