Vontaze Burfict
Tyler Eifert
Andrew Whitworth
Andy Dalton
Adam Jones
Carlos Dunlap
George Iloka
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Bengals make the NFL Players top 100? [Multiple picks allowed]
(05-20-2016, 02:28 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Unfortunately, Nelson is no longer with the Bengals, so he can't be on the Bengals' list. If he is voted in, he'll show up with his new team.

The list is top 100 players of last year. If Nelson's on it he'd be counted as a Bengal.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2016, 12:08 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: The list is top 100 players of last year. If Nelson's on it he'd be counted as a Bengal.

I'm afraid not. Matt Forte is listed as a Jet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2016, 05:40 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yep, after the 2011 season.

I refuse to believe that Kirk Cousins is on the top 100 and not Dalton. I am getting a little worried though.

(05-21-2016, 11:04 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly I'm not sweating it or even following along. I fully expect Dalton to not be on the list though. Many of these players are surprisingly ignorant of the rest of the league and only know what they've heard. Much of what they hear surely comes from the media. 

That's why you see guys like Tebow, Kaep and Flacco make it, yet guys like Dalton and Whit get ignored.

I wouldn't worry either. If Dalton doesn't make it you gotta know that he'll have a chip on his shoulder about it.

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2016, 07:10 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I wouldn't worry either. If Dalton doesn't make it you gotta know that he'll have a chip on his shoulder about it.

Hey, if he reacts to that in the same way he did to the boo's at the softball game last year, I'm all for it.  Smirk

Andy looked like a man on a mission last year. Sucks he got hurt before the playoffs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2016, 11:04 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly I'm not sweating it or even following along. I fully expect Dalton to not be on the list though. Many of these players are surprisingly ignorant of the rest of the league and only know what they've heard. Much of what they hear surely comes from the media. 

That's why you see guys like Tebow, Kaep and Flacco make it, yet guys like Dalton and Whit get ignored.

Well, I DO think that Dalton has been undeserving of a spot until now. He hasn't been a top 100 player until this last season.
Reply/Quote
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-101-nfl-players-from-2015-nos-76-101/

Several Bengals in this list. May have been posted before if so my apologies.

Will be interesting to see if PFF and the players have similar results.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2016, 01:09 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-101-nfl-players-from-2015-nos-76-101/

Several Bengals in this list. May have been posted before if so my apologies.

Will be interesting to see if PFF and the players have similar results.

James Harrison made the list but not Dunlap? Also, no Reggie Nelson? No Dalton?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2016, 10:16 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: James Harrison made the list but not Dunlap? Also, no Reggie Nelson? No Dalton?

Do you agree with the 5 Bengals who made the list? 
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2016, 10:21 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Do you agree with the 5 Bengals who made the list? 

As much as I was down on Dalton after the 2014 season, I'm shocked that he's got snubbed by pff. Happy to see Adam Jones sneaking in there at the bottom and Whit making it.

I think Dalton's only chance to make the players list is between 61 -70 and this week will tell us.

I'm more inclined to believe the players list is a popularity contest.

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2016, 10:21 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Do you agree with the 5 Bengals who made the list? 

Yeah, I do. What's your point though?

It's not like there's a limit on how many players can come from one team. The Bengals are extremely talented. More talented than a lot of championship teams, imo. There are several teams that don't have any players as talented as our top 8 guys. 

Dunlap had 13.5 sacks last season. Dalton had the 2nd best passer rating in the NFL. If you look at the stats or watched them last season, they had better seasons than Harrison and Ben, respectively.
Reply/Quote
If Andy would have stayed healthy he would make it; unfortunately, he missed about 1/4 of the season.

LDE are like RTs they get overshadowed by players on the other end of the line; so Dunlap misses out

Iloka just isn't established enough yet

I thought Whit had a little bit of a down year

Eifert (see Andy)

So I got VB, Geno, AJ, and Pacman making it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2016, 05:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Andy would have stayed healthy he would make it; unfortunately, he missed about 1/4 of the season.

LDE are like RTs they get overshadowed by players on the other end of the line; so Dunlap misses out

Iloka just isn't established enough yet

I thought Whit had a little bit of a down year

Eifert (see Andy)

So I got VB, Geno, AJ, and Pacman making it.

Reggie White and Michael Strahan were LDE's. I doubt they would've missed any top 100 list after a 13.5 sack season.

Fair enough on the rest, although I have to mention that Big Ben missed more games (5) than Dalton (4).
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2016, 07:07 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm afraid not. Matt Forte is listed as a Jet.

That's almost as stupid as Peyton Manning getting ranked #50 the year he didn't play one snap.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2016, 12:08 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: The list is top 100 players of last year. If Nelson's on it he'd be counted as a Bengal.

Just to let everyone know, in case you dont. The list is top 100 of the year coming up. They are predicting who will be the top 100. Having a great year last year will help but won't always be main factor. This is why someone like Manning can make it top 50. People felt he would come back and tear up the league and he did.

Now my picks are
AJ, Geno, Andy, Eifert, Dunlap, Burfict. If these six don't make it people don't pay attention.
I think Whit and Adam are getting a little older so they will not be thought of.
Reply/Quote
Andrew Whitworth comes in at #67 http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100-2016/0ap3000000665065/Top-100-Players-of-2016-No-67-Andrew-Whitworth
Carlos Dunlap comes in at #70 http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100-2016/0ap3000000665062/Top-100-Players-of-2016-No-70-Carlos-Dunlap

Reply/Quote
Looks like Dalton might make it into the top 50 this year.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 12:38 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Looks like Dalton might make it into the top 50 this year.

Good, he absolutely deserves to be there.  I know right now we have Whit and Dunlap,  and I would argue that Geno, Burfict, Adam Jones, Eifert, AJ, and Andy should be on the list.  If I had to wager, though, I could see Jones being left off for all the people that seem to not like him.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 12:38 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Looks like Dalton might make it into the top 50 this year.

Say what you want about Andy but he was a consistent top 5 qb last year.   Future looks bright with him and the offense.  
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 01:48 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good, he absolutely deserves to be there.  I know right now we have Whit and Dunlap,  and I would argue that Geno, Burfict, Adam Jones, Eifert, AJ, and Andy should be on the list.  If I had to wager, though, I could see Jones being left off for all the people that seem to not like him.

Agreed.    They will leave burfict off which is just crazy.  Guy is a difference maker.   
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2016, 09:55 PM)Camdaddy08 Wrote: Just to let everyone know, in case you dont. The list is top 100 of the year coming up. They are predicting who will be the top 100. Having a great year last year will help but won't always be main factor. This is why someone like Manning can make it top 50. People felt he would come back and tear up the league and he did.

Now my picks are
AJ, Geno, Andy, Eifert, Dunlap, Burfict. If these six don't make it people don't pay attention.
I think Whit and Adam are getting a little older so they will not be thought of.

If that is true, they must have changed it because when they first started doing the list it was the top 100 players in the NFL for the previous season. They still were following that format when Manning came in at 50.

Edit: Reggie came in at #60 (as a Bengal). Still pissed we didn't get him back. Williams may be a good replacement, but there is no way he steps in and plays at Nelsons level.
Reply/Quote