Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which FA do you want if money did not matter?
(02-16-2024, 11:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was fantastic against us in the AFC Championship last year.

2 sacks
10 pressures
5 QB hits

And in his other 18 career playoff games:

0.5 sacks
2 TFL
11 QB Hits

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 09:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And in his other 18 career playoff games:

0.5 sacks
2 TFL
11 QB Hits

Oh Nate definitely had a fair criticism. I was just pointing out CJ was a monster against us last year. He pretty much wrecked that game. He was playing against 3 backups, but still.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 06:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He's not a FA

Thought so as I never heard Nelson mentioned before.

(02-16-2024, 11:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was fantastic against us in the AFC Championship last year.

2 sacks
10 pressures
5 QB hits

Yep, but that was against backups besides Karras though. Had to see Chris Jones play well against starters in the Playoffs and SB.

He finally did that for sure this year. Too bad he is most likely remaining with the Chiefs as Bfine shown.

(02-17-2024, 04:14 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well Jones being off the board makes it easy for me. I'd say Madabuike as well.

First choice being Tee.

I would be fine tagging Tee as I think we will, but extending him for too much money would be a no no for me.

Need to pay Chase and the dudes that work in the trenches and Madubuike works in the trenches so he is my first choice still.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 03:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For me, it's Chris Jones.
Gimme that force in the middle.

A complete wrecking ball! He won the SB this time. Everyone wants to give PH his flowers and they should. Ts, Jones was the main catalyst for the defense as they held SF to a FG on their opening OT drive. I agree, having a player like that on the D could finally push us to a SB win.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 06:22 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: A complete wrecking ball! He won the SB this time. Everyone wants to give PH his flowers and they should. Ts, Jones was the main catalyst for the defense as they held SF to a FG on their opening OT drive. I agree, having a player like that on the D could finally push us to a SB win.

I actually thought McDuffie should have been in the running for Super Bowl MVP until Mahomes started taking over towards the end of the game. He was fantastic (and SF has 2 very good WR’s).

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 11:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's more than money keeping us from signing Chris Jones:
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-pick-up-chris-jones-contract-option-retain-right-to-franchise-tag-dt

I think Sneed might be the financial tag prospect over Jones if they cant extend him.  

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 05:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true, plus Chris Jones played much better in the Playoffs this year and the SB than he has in the past which honestly was my only criticism
of the guy. Great player that would help us a ton even if he is pushing 30 years old.

Imagine stealing Chris Jones and L'Jarius Sneed from the Chiefs. That would make my day!  Hilarious

Mike Evans would be a most definite upgrade over Boyd. Would absolutely love that WR core.

Good luck slowing those guys down.

Evans size and speed to go along with Tee's size and range with Chase and his balance, speed and strength?

Good one, he would cost a ton but he would be worth it and the question was if money didn't matter....
I actually see Evans as a good replacement for Tee, he is taller and maybe a tad faster too 
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 11:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's more than money keeping us from signing Chris Jones:
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-pick-up-chris-jones-contract-option-retain-right-to-franchise-tag-dt

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2024, 11:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Hot take- I would still do that if I was KC!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2024, 12:05 PM)J24 Wrote: Hot take- I would still do that if I was KC!

It will be interesting to see what they do.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 01:02 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I actually see Evans as a good replacement for Tee, he is taller and maybe a tad faster too 

Yeah, Evans is a lot older than Tee though, but now would be the time to add him before he starts to fall off. All for Mike Evans in FA.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 04:58 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Is there anything to the idea that Chris Jones plays in a weaker division? Denver and LA Chargers both have problems with their Oline.

I wouldn't say weaker, but I would say more pass-heavy, which would allow Jones more opportunities to get sacks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 10:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think Sneed might be the financial tag prospect over Jones if they cant extend him.  

A CBS report aligns with your thinking: "The Chiefs have Chris Jones who's also eligible for the tag, but it's cheaper to tag Sneed at $18.8 million. Sneed is also the player the Chiefs have to pay or risk losing to another team, as Jones appears to have every intent on staying. "

They also are recommending the Ravens tag Madubuike: "Madubuike is set to cash in this spring in free agency, whether that's from the Ravens or someone else. The Ravens should place the tag on him and pay the $21 million it would cost to keep Madubuike around and give themselves extra time to work out a long-term deal -- even with only $7.3 million in salary cap space to work with at this time."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-nfl-franchise-tag-candidates-for-all-32-teams-mike-evans-christian-wilkins-likely-players-to-be-tagged/

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2024, 11:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I think it may depend on whether the use te exclusive or non-exclusive franchise Tag
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
For me its got to start with protecting our QB! so with that in mind

1) Michael Onwenu- RT (NE) he's 26 6'3 350 so he has the size to matchup in the AFC North, he's young so he can be a force for 4-5 years, it also opens up the 1st/2nd round of the draft to pick best WR and DT on the board imagine:

FA- Onwenu RT

1st rd- Brian Thomas 6'4 205 (LSU)- big tall receiver, ala Tee Higgins who can be used in multiple formations this year and take over in 2025 for Tee

2nd rd- T'Vondre Sweat 6'4 360 (Texas)- big NT that assumes the role held by DJ Reader and takes on the double teams freeing up Trey Hendrikson.

3rd- Christian Mahogany 6'2 315 (B.C) - big Guard that can play on left/Right side of oline, upgrades the IOL depth and pushes Volson. solid pick for rd 3.

- Then focus on role players on defense for backup S/CB/LB and find a TE in FA (Gerald Everett) who I think is perfect for this offense and he wont command big money.
Reply/Quote
Barkley would make our offense pretty insane. Just saying.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2024, 11:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it may depend on whether the use te exclusive or non-exclusive franchise Tag

Who uses the exclusive tag for non-QBs nowadays?  Even the Ravens used the non-exclusive for Lamar.  

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 01:02 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I actually see Evans as a good replacement for Tee, he is taller and maybe a tad faster too 

Not sure Evan’s is better than tee at this point, other than being healthier and available to play. We really need a full season of tee, and a healthy burrow, if we are tagging him.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2024, 01:52 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Not sure Evan’s is better than tee at this point, other than being healthier and available to play.   We really need a full season of tee, and a healthy burrow, if we are tagging him.

Mike Evans still put up 1255 yards and 13 TDs this past season, his 10th in the NFL.
All while Godwin also got 1000+.

Evans is just as much the equivalent of Tee still to this day.

If the Bengals don't plan to sign Higgins to a 3+ year deal, I'd love to have Evans on a 1-year or 2-year contract to bridge the gap while a new young guy develops.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2024, 12:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Mike Evans still put up 1255 yards and 13 TDs this past season, his 10th in the NFL.
All while Godwin also got 1000+.

Evans is just as much the equivalent of Tee still to this day.

If the Bengals don't plan to sign Higgins to a 3+ year deal, I'd love to have Evans on a 1-year or 2-year contract to bridge the gap while a new young guy develops.

You are not wrong. Evan’s is still a great receiver. I just don’t know if he is that much better than tee. We didn’t get a healthy tee most of the 2023 season. The best ability, they say, is availability… and tee needs to prove that.

In my opinion, Higgins will be tagged and play out this year on the tag. Think of it as the bengals pushing in the chips for 2024, before burrows contract balloons. And a chase extension.
Reply/Quote