Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which FA signing will be the biggest difference maker?
I think overall the majority of Bengals fans are happy
With the free agent acquisitions .
Which free agent signing do you think will
Impact the team the most?
After much thought I'm going to go with
Xavier Sua Filo.
He's not the most expensive or headline
Catching signing. But considering at all costs it's paramount
Joe Burrow is upright for 16 games.
RG has been a issue for a couple years. With defenses atracking
That gap more and more , your OGs are just as important as your
OTs.
Reply/Quote
DJ Reader. Being able to stop the run will change our entire team.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:08 PM)pally Wrote: DJ Reader.  Being able to stop the run will change our entire team.

I agree.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:08 PM)pally Wrote: DJ Reader.  Being able to stop the run will change our entire team.

I was deciding between him and Xavier. It was a tough call
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:20 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I was deciding between him and Xavier. It was a tough call
Well, here's hoping they both make a huge splash.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
I know our run defense was awful last year.
I wonder at times how much is that attributed
To the offense having so many 3 and outs or 7 play
Drives and the defense is right back on the field
Reply/Quote
Definitely Reader. No more double teams for Geno, and Reader keeps O-lineman off the LB's. He changes the entire run defense.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:29 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I know our run defense was awful last year.

That was definitely part of it... I think it's played a role in Geno's alleged falloff too. He's a big boy. He was playing out of his mind before AJ Green and Dalton went down in 2018... Hasn't looked the same since.

I agree the Reader is the biggest pick up. I expect big years from Hubbard, Carlos, Geno, Pratt, and Vonn Bell because of it... Hoping Queen falls to us in the draft too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:29 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I know our run defense was awful last year.

we were playing from behind so many times because the defense couldn't stop anyone that half the offensive playbook goes out the window

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It had better be Reader
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tough to call, but i'm going with Vonn Bell, I think he will bring the attitude and leadership to that D which it lacks
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 02:49 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Tough to call, but i'm going with Vonn Bell, I think he will bring the attitude and leadership to that D which it lacks

That wouldn't be a bad thing either. 

Personally, I hope it is a hotly contested neck and neck five man wire to wire race, with a newly drafted player or two just a whisker behind.

Reply/Quote
I like the fact these guys seem sincerely happy
To be Bengals and they are passionate to turn this around
Can't understate the desire to be a Bengal.
Reader should be able to do what Billings failed
To do.
The fact that Bynes actually tackles makes the
Middle of the defense better. Vigil just flat out sucked
At breaking down coming under balance and stopping
Ball carriers.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to go against the grain and say, Josh Bynes. It's positionally the worst unit on the field and I think he plays well above his contract numbers.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 03:17 PM)Okeana Wrote: I'm going to go against the grain and say, Josh Bynes.  It's positionally the worst unit on the field and I think he plays well above his contract numbers.

That would be awesome.

BTW, here comes Fred.  LOL.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 03:17 PM)Okeana Wrote: I'm going to go against the grain and say, Josh Bynes. It's positionally the worst unit on the field and I think he plays well above his contract numbers.

I’ve seen a couple different Ravens fans say they were upset they lost him. Especially to us. We’re due for some luck with a FA LB. Hopefully he’ll be better for us than Dansby, Hawk, Brown, and Minter...

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 03:21 PM)McC Wrote: That would be awesome.

BTW, here comes Fred.  LOL.

im not afraid of fred as he's known by many as the guy who defends mediocre players.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 03:26 PM)Okeana Wrote: im not afraid of fred as he's known by many as the guy who defends mediocre players.

I know.  I was just playing.  I never like to let a chance to take a playful jab at Fred go by.

Reply/Quote
Easily Reader PFF had him rated an 87 I believe. That's near Superstar numbers for a player. Plus He's next to Geno which should help both tremendously.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:02 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think overall the majority of Bengals fans are happy
With the free agent acquisitions .
Which free agent signing do you think will
Impact the team the most?
After much thought I'm going to go with
Xavier Sua Filo.
He's not the most expensive or headline
Catching signing. But considering at all costs it's paramount
Joe Burrow is upright for 16 games.
RG has been a issue for a couple years. With defenses atracking
That gap more and more , your OGs are just as important as your
OTs.

I will go with AJ Green as he makes the Bengals FO look very smart by franchising him as he comes back and goes for 1200 yards and 12 TDs and makes Burrow look like Brady  Sarcasm. Sarcasm just on last part.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote