Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Guy Are You the Most Excited About
I know we are all excited about Burrow, but if there's one guy that really excites me it's Markus Bailey. Granted, it's a huge boom or bust, but I was thrilled that they took a shot on him in round 7.

If there's one thing that I am truly excited about it's the linebacker group. Can we finally cover some guys in the passing game now? I would say yes.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 12:15 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I know we are all excited about Burrow, but if there's one guy that really excites me it's Markus Bailey.  Granted, it's a huge boom or bust, but I was thrilled that they took a shot on him in round 7.  

If there's one thing that I am truly excited about it's the linebacker group.  Can we finally cover some guys in the passing game now?  I would say yes.

And tackle some guys too.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 12:17 PM)McC Wrote: And tackle some guys too.  

Yep.  I think they took the right approach.  The obviously liked what Pratt showed at the end of the year.  I think they also realized that the guys that they needed for LB were going to be the guys in rounds 3-5.  The signed a vet and drafted 2 guys in that range that should help get us off the field on 3rd downs.
Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 12:15 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I know we are all excited about Burrow, but if there's one guy that really excites me it's Markus Bailey.  Granted, it's a huge boom or bust, but I was thrilled that they took a shot on him in round 7.  

If there's one thing that I am truly excited about it's the linebacker group.  Can we finally cover some guys in the passing game now?  I would say yes.

Tee Higgins
 Logan Wilson will be the surprise of the 2020 draft so a close 2nd

Of course Burrow is far and away #1
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
My excitement for Tee this year is a little tempered. I think he'll have a fairly specialized role. But look out in 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 12:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Tee Higgins
 Luke Wilson will be the surprise of the 2020 draft so a close 2nd

Of course Burrow is far and away #1

I hadn't heard that he gave up acting.  I'm not expecting much, though.  He is pushing 50.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Jonah Williams.  He's the first round pick we have yet to see play.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 12:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Jonah Williams.  He's the first round pick we have yet to see play.

Without question.  If he's as good as advertised as a solid LT, we will be in good shape.  If not.....
Reply/Quote
Logan Wilson. I’m always excited about linebackers, since that’s what I played the most growing up. This guy’s background as a DB/WR should make him pretty good at covering TE and RB. He also just seems like an old school down and dirty thumper in the run game. Looking forward to Wilson and Pratt leading this defense for the next several years.
Reply/Quote
So its easy to say Burrow and Higgins because of their high profile players, but the guy I want to see the most is Akeem Davis-gaither because he's completely outside the mold of previous linebackers we have drafted and offers a new look defensively. I think he's like 4th or 5th highest on the list of possible defensive rookie of the year candidates by vegas odds and for a 4th round pick that's insane. I think if he would have been able to test at the combine the guy may have been a round 1 pick that's how highly I view him as a prospect.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 01:09 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Logan Wilson. I’m always excited about linebackers, since that’s what I played the most growing up. This guy’s background as a DB/WR should make him pretty good at covering TE and RB. He also just seems like an old school down and dirty thumper in the run game. Looking forward to Wilson and Pratt leading this defense for the next several years.

Do you have that bit of crazy in you that it takes to play the position?

Reply/Quote
Honestly all of em even Logan Wilson who still ain’t my fav but with ADG and Markus Bailey i mean we are set. . My fav is prob ADG.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 01:13 PM)Okeana Wrote: So its easy to say Burrow and Higgins because of their high profile players, but the guy I want to see the most is Akeem Davis-gaither because he's completely outside the mold of previous linebackers we have drafted and offers a new look defensively. I think he's like 4th or 5th highest on the list of possible defensive rookie of the year candidates by vegas odds and for a 4th round pick that's insane. I think if he would have been able to test at the combine the guy may have been a round 1 pick that's how highly I view him as a prospect.

I’m going with ADG as well. If the bone on bone knee stuff was truly bs he could end up being a stud for us.

Honestly I’m pretty excited about all of our 1st 4 picks.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 01:14 PM)McC Wrote: Do you have that bit of crazy in you that it takes to play the position?

No I don’t. My strength was always knowing the playbooks the best and getting guys in the right spot pre-snap. I loved hitting guys though. The only two spots I liked playing on offense were fullback and Oline.
Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins.Jonah Williams a close second.
Reply/Quote
Darius Phillips
Jonah Williams
D J Reader
Vonn Bell
Reply/Quote
Draft = Burrow
FA = Reader
Injured returning = AJ

Overall:
1) Burrow
2) AJ
3) Reader
4) Jonah Williams
---------------
5) Bell
6) Logan Wilson
7) Higgins
8) Bynes
---------------
9) Alexander
10) Waynes
11) ADG
12) XSF
--------------
13) Bailey
14) Kareem
15) Sims
16) Adeniji
17) Thomas
Reply/Quote
I know it's low hanging fruit, but my pick is Burrow. He promises to be something special. He was a catalyst at LSU. I'm anxious to see if he'll be one for us. Multiple Super Bowl wins are not beyond imagination.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Also excited to see Phillips and Ross healthy for the whole season.

And I am interested to see how the line holds up.
Reply/Quote