Bates
Hubbard
Bell
Other (Specify)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Jersey Are You Going To Buy?!
(05-04-2021, 02:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You may want to look into a Pooka Williams 
That's one hell of a 1, 2 punch out of the Cincinnati back field.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 02:01 PM)jason Wrote: I hated the jerseys when they were leaked... They've grown on me, but I'm still not thrilled with the rounded numbers. The number 1 looks alright though, so it's gonna be Ja'Marr Chase if anybody.
I wasn't even thinking but my only problem is that the driver from my wreck (old best friend) used to brag about how he wore #1 and it was the first time their coach had ever let anyone wear the number (he was a legendary coach and won something like six[?] straight state titles), so I'm just hoping that it doesn't make me think of him every time I put it on, especially because this is the first image that pops into my mind when I think of him:

[Image: 0121566.jpg]

(05-04-2021, 02:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Whoever makes the game deciding play in our next playoff victory.

So  Who knows if ill ever buy one again

Gotta have faith and appreciate the direction that the team is going.

The hope in me says this year, but the realist in me says we're a year away.  It will happen though.

Either way.......

[Image: e9784e2ef8254bd9ac7942da08a8c8c4.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 02:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Whoever makes the game deciding play in our next playoff victory.

So  Who knows if ill ever buy one again

I actually love this idea. I'm gonna steal it.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 03:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wasn't even thinking but my only problem is that the driver from my wreck (old best friend) used to brag about how he wore #1 and it was the first time their coach had ever let anyone wear the number (he was a legendary coach and won something like six[?] straight state titles), so I'm just hoping that it doesn't make me think of him every time I put it on, especially because this is the first image that pops into my mind when I think of him:

[Image: 0121566.jpg]

Gotta have faith and appreciate the direction that the team is going.

The hope in me says this year, but the realist in me says we're a year away.  It will happen though.

Either way.......

[Image: e9784e2ef8254bd9ac7942da08a8c8c4.gif]

Oh shit!!!!

211995 will be fire on one of the white jerseys... Sorry. I had to...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

So Who knows if ill ever buy one again

True story... The last jersey I bought was a 55 Vontaze Burfict the morning of our last playoff game. I wore it that night, and never again.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 03:59 PM)jason Wrote: Oh shit!!!!

211995 will be fire on one of the white jerseys... Sorry. I had to...
Funny shit!  I've been laughing for the past 3 minutes and I'm still laughing!
(05-04-2021, 04:02 PM)jason Wrote: True story... The last jersey I bought was a 55 Vontaze Burfict the morning of our last playoff game. I wore it that night, and never again.

Ouch......  makes me hate Jeremy Hill all over again.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 12:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I like the new jerseys, but I also find wearing a jersey of a guy who is 20 years younger than me seems a bit weird, but that's probably just me.  Add in that I have been fortunate enough to avoid putting on 50+ pounds in my adulthood thus far and I'll stick with my Esiason and Dillion jerseys from back in the day until further notice.

IF they make an Esiason jersey in the new format, I'd possibly bite.

Yeah, feeling the same way you do.  Hell, there aren't all that many players in the league who are just 20 years younger than me.  Thirty is more like it.  But, I may break down and get one if only to rid myself of the memory of those hideous unis we've been suffering with the past 17 years.  

I tried one on at the mall the other day and I'm ashamed to say that the 2X wasn't nearly as loose as I'd hoped it would be, effectively ending any ideas of getting into a XL.  Got some work to do this summer, apparently.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 03:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Ive been here a long time....

But call me whatever you like it doesnt matter to me.

Just cause i dont want to buy a jersey doesnt mean i stopped being a fan lol

(05-04-2021, 03:00 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Oh blow it out your ass. I've been a fan of this team for as long as I can remember. Just because I don't fork over my money for their shit product doesn't make me a fairweather fan - it makes me a fan with a brain in my head.

I did blow it out my ass... and all over you and that shitty attitude.

The very definition of a fair weather fan is someone who says things like... "I won't XYZ until they win". Or, "I won't XYZ until they win a playoff game".

It isn't the money spending or not. That doesn't make someone a fair weather fan. If your reasons for not getting a jersey were cost, you don't like them, you already have one you like, etc etc, then NO... that's not fair weather.

HOWEVER..... That wasn't your reasoning, was it? Nope. It was "I won't buy a new jersey unless they win". That's as fair weather fan as it gets, no matter how long you lurk in the shadows bitching on a message board.

The offer will stand for all of time. When they start winning, I'll get you both a custom Bengals jersey with a matching umbrella (for the rain cloud you've been standing under): #21 Fairweather. That way, everyone can see who you truly are. Why hide it?
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 10:43 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I did blow it out my ass... and all over you and that shitty attitude.

The very definition of a fair weather fan is someone who says things like... "I won't XYZ until they win". Or, "I won't XYZ until they win a playoff game".

It isn't the money spending or not. That doesn't make someone a fair weather fan. If your reasons for not getting a jersey were cost, you don't like them, you already have one you like, etc etc, then NO... that's not fair weather.

HOWEVER..... That wasn't your reasoning, was it? Nope. It was "I won't buy a new jersey unless they win". That's as fair weather fan as it gets, no matter how long you lurk in the shadows bitching on a message board.

The offer will stand for all of time. When they start winning, I'll get you both a custom Bengals jersey with a matching umbrella (for the rain cloud you've been standing under): #21 Fairweather. That way, everyone can see who you truly are. Why hide it?

What does that make me then PDub?

Since 1991 I've been in attendance for at least 2 home games a year. Prior to 1991 I went a few times but I was a younger kid then so, I feel like 91 was when I really remember being a fan on my own choice. That includes when I was doing radio in Georgia, and would fly home for weekends to attend games including 2 playoff games. I've bought merch, jerseys, hats, etc, etc... 

And this season, with how I feel after this draft, I have no desire to go to a game at all. No interest in the team which kills me since I grew up here and have been a fan since I was a kid. I just look at the draft and look at comments made by every player that leaves this team and it just hits home.

The Bengals aren't trying to win a Championship.

Palmer called them out. Housh called them out.

Even Gio who was the guy defending the team at its' worst literally commented about how Tampa is ."Bucs' Desire to 'Build Something Great' is What Drew RB Giovani Bernard to Tampa" Other teams are trying to build something great, I can't say I feel that way about this team at all. 

A.J. Green called it "Refreshing" to be in Arizona. 

At some point, where there is this much smoke, there is one hell of a fire. And it just gets to the point that I ask myself why do I care, if they don't care? 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 10:43 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I did blow it out my ass... and all over you and that shitty attitude.

That's the single most idiotic thing I've read on this message board, and I see the shit that gets posted over in P and R.

You don't financially support a company when it does shit you disagree with. You don't financially support a team when they don't make real attempts at putting a better team together. You hold them both accountable the only way the consumer can - with your money - until they prove that they've changed their practices or are actually committed to winning games.

Calling people fairweather fans because they don't buy ugly ass new jerseys of a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 30 ***** years - miss me with that bullshit. You come off like those Browns fans from 20 years ago - "tHiS yEaR iS oUr YeAr I cAn FeEl iT'. 

Nah man - our coaching staff has won a grand total of 6 games in 2 years and let Burrow get his knee shredded after 11 games, telling us that the offensive line is fine. They have done nothing to earn any money from any of us.
Reply/Quote

i have been very clear elsewhere i do not like the new jerseys as well.

A fair weather fan is someone that wont even acknowledge they are a fan of a team until they are winning. its more Earn my money tactic.

I still wear my bengals gear just not buying anything new atm

but if you want to spend your money go for it.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 08:23 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: That's the single most idiotic thing I've read on this message board, and I see the shit that gets posted over in P and R.

You don't financially support a company when it does shit you disagree with. You don't financially support a team when they don't make real attempts at putting a better team together. You hold them both accountable the only way the consumer can - with your money - until they prove that they've changed their practices or are actually committed to winning games.

Calling people fairweather fans because they don't buy ugly ass new jerseys of a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 30 ***** years - miss me with that bullshit. You come off like those Browns fans from 20 years ago - "tHiS yEaR iS oUr YeAr I cAn FeEl iT'. 

Nah man - our coaching staff has won a grand total of 6 games in 2 years and let Burrow get his knee shredded after 11 games, telling us that the offensive line is fine. They have done nothing to earn any money from any of us.

Maybe you misread what I wrote in plain English. Let me knock this out in crayon for you so you can better understand.....

YoU aRe A faIr wEAthR faN. nOt BecAUse YOu arE nOt BuYIng a jErsEy, bUt bEcAUsE yoU arE nOt bUyIng A jERsY UNTIL THEY WIN.

The "not give the Bengals money" thing is idiotic and, to the little degree that it's not... it becomes self defeating.

The Bengals make nearly all of their money from TV deals. Jersey sales is a pittance. But, you want them to do better on the field? That requires players... that cost money. So, you want to not give the Bengals any money... while asking for them to.... do something that requires money. SMART

You must not go to games.... and try to be the 12th man to help them win. You know... actually influence the result you want .... SMART.

You must not watch them on TV, either, because THAT is what gives the Bengals the real $$$$. Ratings = Advertising $$$s.

And no looking at Bilboards around NFL vities or NFL Websites. ESPECIALLY Bengals websites or.... Heyyyyy, wait a minute!!!!!!

^ "I won't spend money because Bengals lose and they don't deserve money".... idiotic, ironic, and impossible to do in every way. Yet, here you are telling me I wrote something idiotic? Oooooooook.

But, don't worry. You won't have to buy a new jersey. I will do it for you. #21 Fairweather once they start winning.

You even called the new uniforms "ugly ass". Can the Bengals do nothing right in your eyes? Well, unless they "win a playoff game". You are so emotionally broken.... BY A FOOTBALL TEAM YOU DON'T PLAY ON OR WORK FOR.... that you can't even like it when they change uniforms.

I'll throw in a box of tissues and vagisil with the jersey to help you heal up. I'm sure you'll be out there pimping your Bengals fandom hard once they start winning. Don't want anyone to identify you because you're itching your crotch walking around PBS yelling Who Dey... once they start winning... because you're "such a fan". 

Team has had 4 tough years (2 of which are during a total rebuild) after going to the playoffs 5 straight and you're just out here throwing a ***** fit.

That's FAIR WEATHER AF.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 09:20 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Maybe you misread what I wrote in plain English. Let me knock this out in crayon for you so you can better understand.....

YoU aRe A faIr wEAthR faN. nOt BecAUse YOu arE nOt BuYIng a jErsEy, bUt bEcAUsE yoU arE nOt bUyIng A jERsY UNTIL THEY WIN.

The "not give the Bengals money" thing is idiotic and, to the little degree that it's not... it becomes self defeating.

The Bengals make nearly all of their money from TV deals. Jersey sales is a pittance. But, you want them to do better on the field? That requires players... that cost money. So, you want to not give the Bengals any money... while asking for them to.... do something that requires money. SMART

You must not go to games.... and try to be the 12th man to help them win. You know... actually influence the result you want .... SMART.

You must not watch them on TV, either, because THAT is what gives the Bengals the real $$$$. Ratings = Advertising $$$s.

And no looking at Bilboards around NFL vities or NFL Websites. ESPECIALLY Bengals websites or.... Heyyyyy, wait a minute!!!!!!

^ "I won't spend money because Bengals lose and they don't deserve money".... idiotic, ironic, and impossible to do in every way. Yet, here you are telling me I wrote something idiotic? Oooooooook.

But, don't worry. You won't have to buy a new jersey. I will do it for you. #21 Fairweather once they start winning.

You even called the new uniforms "ugly ass". Can the Bengals do nothing right in your eyes? Well, unless they "win a playoff game". You are so emotionally broken.... BY A FOOTBALL TEAM YOU DON'T PLAY ON OR WORK FOR.... that you can't even like it when they change uniforms.

I'll throw in a box of tissues and vagisil with the jersey to help you heal up. I'm sure you'll be out there pimping your Bengals fandom hard once they start winning. Don't want anyone to identify you because you're itching your crotch walking around PBS yelling Who Dey... once they start winning... because you're "such a fan". 

Team has had 4 tough years (2 of which are during a total rebuild) after going to the playoffs 5 straight and you're just out here throwing a ***** fit.

That's FAIR WEATHER AF.

Are you so ***** dense that you really don't get the point of me not buying a jersey is?

No shit they won't feel the hurt from a handful of fans not giving them money - that's not the point. I have got zero power over what they do or how they do it, so I'll just spend what money I have on shit other than their product because their product doesn't make me happy. I won't buy strawberry Oreos either because they don't make me happy - am I fairweather Oreo fan? No - I just won't support things that spend more time pissing me off than making me smile.

Your ***** bullshit gatekeeping of the fan base is 100% idiotic - you don't get to dictate what makes a fan and what doesn't. And part of my issue with the team isn't the 4 years of rough and shit play - it's actually the 5 consecutive playoff appearances with **** all to show for it. It's a level of incompetence that deserves ZERO reward from any fan base.

You wanna give them your money - ***** fine. I don't give a shit what you do with your money. Don’t get on here and start telling people how to spend their money or show their fandom.

Once again - miss me with your bullshit and blow it out your ass.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 09:14 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i have been very clear elsewhere i do not like the new jerseys as well.

A fair weather fan is someone that wont even acknowledge they are a fan of a team until they are winning.  its more Earn my money tactic.

I still wear my bengals gear  just not buying anything new atm

but if you want to spend your money go for it.

Nah man didn't you know - if you don't spend every dime you earn on this shitball franchise you ain't a fan. Shit the fact that we have the audacity to even say anything negative about them means we ain't fans. It's all rainbows and sunshine and great things down in the Queen City and PBS.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 11:38 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Are you so ***** dense that you really don't get the point of me not buying a jersey is?

No shit they won't feel the hurt from a handful of fans not giving them money - that's not the point. I have got zero power over what they do or how they do it, so I'll just spend what money I have on shit other than their product because their product doesn't make me happy. I won't buy strawberry Oreos either because they don't make me happy - am I fairweather Oreo fan? No - I just won't support things that spend more time pissing me off than making me smile.

Your ***** bullshit gatekeeping of the fan base is 100% idiotic - you don't get to dictate what makes a fan and what doesn't. And part of my issue with the team isn't the 4 years of rough and shit play - it's actually the 5 consecutive playoff appearances with **** all to show for it. It's a level of incompetence that deserves ZERO reward from any fan base.

You wanna give them your money - ***** fine. I don't give a shit what you do with your money. Don’t get on here and start telling people how to spend their money or show their fandom.

Once again - miss me with your bullshit and blow it out your ass.

(05-05-2021, 11:41 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Nah man didn't you know - if you don't spend every dime you earn on this shitball franchise you ain't a fan. Shit the fact that we have the audacity to even say anything negative about them means we ain't fans. It's all rainbows and sunshine and great things down in the Queen City and PBS.

I've told you twice now that it isn't about NOT spending money... It's the reason you gave that WILL trigger you spending money....

You said you would spend money WHEN THEY WIN.

That's FAIR WEATHER AF

The rest if the bullshit you've written is just straw man and attempts at deflecting the facts of what you said, why you said it, and the realization of who you are as a person and as a fan.

BTW, it's fine to be a fair weather fan. It's fine to be a band waggoner. Most fans fall into that category. Just don't kid yourself on where you're at as a Bengals fan.

Don worry. They'll be good again and you can just tell everyone how brave of a soldier you were, sticking by the team in their darker hours. Bandwagoners beating their chests after wins is a hilarious thought to me.

BTW, your Oreo analogy doesn't work in this discussion on several levels. Keep hating, man... I hear it really helps.
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately I won't be getting one just on account of the pact I had made a with myself. As some of you might remember, if they took Penei, I had promised to not only get an authentic jersey for me, but also gifts from the Pro Shop for all my friends and family for the rest of the year lol. In the end they took Chase. What can I do. Them's the breaks.

If I were to get one, I would probably choose Reader. I liked what I saw from him last year, he's coming back from injury and I'd want to show my support. ADG would come in second. His randomness factor is top-notch, but I'd also be curious to see how his name would fit on the back of the jersey. :)
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 06:27 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Dude how old are you? You sound like a college grad dipped in kindergarten. You're a better fan for drinking the kool aid? I've had Sunday Ticket for 23 years & watched just about every game in the time & I gotta read you judging people on their fandom? How have you not been banned? Are you secretly DennyG from the old boards?

I've told you twice now that it isn't about NOT spending money... It's the reason you gave that WILL trigger you spending money....

You said you would spend money WHEN THEY WIN.

That's FAIR WEATHER AF

The rest if the bullshit you've written is just straw man and attempts at deflecting the facts of what you said, why you said it, and the realization of who you are as a person and as a fan.

BTW, it's fine to be a fair weather fan. It's fine to be a band waggoner. Most fans fall into that category. Just don't kid yourself on where you're at as a Bengals fan.

Don worry. They'll be good again and you can just tell everyone how brave of a soldier you were, sticking by the team in their darker hours. Bandwagoners beating their chests after wins is a hilarious thought to me.

BTW, your Oreo analogy doesn't work in this discussion on several levels. Keep hating, man... I hear it really helps.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 06:27 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Bunch of idiot word diarrhea I didn't bother reading

I don't care what you have to say about the subject anymore you putz. You can call me fairweather all you want - it ain't any more true the more you say it.

I'll tell you what - go ahead and send me that Fairweather jersey man. I'm not one to turn down a free rag. I'll take it in white. You wanna spend your money, I'm not gonna stop you.

Put your money where your mouth is or kindly get ******.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 06:44 PM)tms Wrote: Unfortunately I won't be getting one just on account of the pact I had made a with myself. As some of you might remember, if they took Penei, I had promised to not only get an authentic jersey for me, but also gifts from the Pro Shop for all my friends and family for the rest of the year lol. In the end they took Chase. What can I do. Them's the breaks.

If I were to get one, I would probably choose Reader. I liked what I saw from him last year, he's coming back from injury and I'd want to show my support. ADG would come in second. His randomness factor is top-notch, but I'd also be curious to see how his name would fit on the back of the jersey. :)

Too bad you're not a fan according to some on here. Better pack it in and go root for the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
Everybody wanted Chase just so they could buy the #1 jersey. Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote