Poll: Where does the burdon lay?
Marvin Lewis - Coach
Hue - Play calling
Paul Guenther - Defense
AJ Green - Missing Catches 2nd Half
The guy who missed the FG Kicked I am not saying his name cause he is my pick but everybody deserves the blame
Number 55 for kinda hitting someone out of bounds sorta
AJ McCarron or Macaroni whatever that means
Geno Atkins and his sickle cellness
Someone else entirley perhaps Paul Brown for putting the Bengals Together
Carson Palmer Cause he looks so sexy in a skirt - did I just say that
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Player Bad Play Cost us the Most?
Sickle cellness? Mellow
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 11:25 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Sickle cellness? Mellow

Yes Sickle Cellness!!!!  Reppittyyy Rep REP!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 11:28 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Yes Sickle Cellness!!!!  

I'm going to be blaming a lot of other peoploe, including maybe Paul hiring Tiger instead of Walsh back in '76 before I pick that.  I chose Marvin, for the record.  He's always a safe choice.   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Can I say Tate.

That dude sucks monkey balls.

He didn't lose the game per se...

but I just wanted to throw his name into the proverbial hat of suck-i-tude.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 11:31 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'm going to be blaming a lot of other peoploe, including maybe Paul hiring Tiger instead of Walsh back in '76 before I pick that.  I chose Marvin, for the record.  He's always a safe choice.   

Good ole Marv always the safe choice indeed..  I am laughing so hard right now!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 11:33 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Can I say Tate.

That dude sucks monkey balls.

He didn't lose the game per se...

but I just wanted to throw his name into the proverbial hat of suck-i-tude.

Yes I agree and I feel field position did play a huge biscuit roll....  but anytime you want to blame tate i dont care if he is even in the game it is a safe pick as well... Reppity REP REP!!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 11:36 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Yes I agree and I feel field position did play a huge biscuit roll....  but anytime you want to blame tate i dont care if he is even in the game it is a safe pick as well... Reppity REP REP!!

You know it's bad when you'd rather see a kick go out of bounds on punts, or out the back of the endzone on kickoffs.

I don't care how much anyone wants to defend him. 

That thought goes through EVERYONE'S head unless they are a damn liar.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 11:41 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You know it's bad when you'd rather see a kick go out of bounds on punts, or out the back of the endzone on kickoffs.

I don't care how much anyone wants to defend him. 

That thought goes through EVERYONE'S head unless they are a damn liar.

Its always 3 yards back or to the sideline I mean he looks like he is doing a lot back there but then it is like what just happen...  we lost yards.. lol..  or broke even.  I wish there were more I Hate Tate Threads or OFFICIAL I Hate Tate Thread. LOL! Its a good idea.. everyone would be agreeing...... (I don't hate the guy) just makes for good threads!! lol.
Reply/Quote
I understand that football is a team game and you win as a team and lose as a team. However, I know Mike Nugent is a favorite on here but how many times will he continue to miss big kicks and be given a free pass because he is from Ohio State. He is not a clutch kicker anymore. He has no leg strength when it comes to kickoffs and he costs us with consistently missing big kicks in games. He cost us last year against Carolina and no matter what anyone says he did it again last night. His missed 45 yard field goal changed the entire momentum of the game because that would have caused the score to be 17-3 at halftime. Then the field goal he made in the fourth quarter would have won the game for the Bengals and they would have the first round bye. Granted he is not responsible for the entire loss but he has to be given a majority of the blame because of his inability to make a consistent field goal. Yes the offense was horrendous in the second half and the defense did not play as effective but there is no way that they should have went to ot in that game and yes that is due to the miss of Nugent. Yes he has been good for this team but hopefully in the offseason we can actually find a more reliable kicker and a younger kicker who has a stronger leg than Nugent because it is time for him to go. However I will say this regarding AJ McCarron. I thought he played a solid game overall and he did seem to respond well to the pressure which most of us were not sure he would. Yes he made a couple of mistakes but he will get better because one thing that he has that has impressed me so far is that he has a confidence about him that not many young qbs have and that is good to see. Another thing that is hard to watch is the fact that Hue seems to get into a back down mode in the second half when he should continue to go full throttle because the halftime adjustments from the coaching staff are just not good. They have got to be better if this team expects to go far in the playoffs. Marvin for some reason can never get this team to play a full game of dominant football. This team has all of the talent in the world and can definitely matchup with any team but unless they play a full four quarters of football then it will not matter. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 12:26 AM)bengalsfan73 Wrote: I understand that football is a team game and you win as a team and lose as a team. However, I know Mike Nugent is a favorite on here but how many times will he continue to miss big kicks and be given a free pass because he is from Ohio State. He is not a clutch kicker anymore. He has no leg strength when it comes to kickoffs and he costs us with consistently missing big kicks in games. He cost us last year against Carolina and no matter what anyone says he did it again last night. His missed 45 yard field goal changed the entire momentum of the game because that would have caused the score to be 17-3 at halftime. Then the field goal he made in the fourth quarter would have won the game for the Bengals and they would have the first round bye. Granted he is not responsible for the entire loss but he has to be given a majority of the blame because of his inability to make a consistent field goal. Yes the offense was horrendous in the second half and the defense did not play as effective but there is no way that they should have went to ot in that game and yes that is due to the miss of Nugent. Yes he has been good for this team but hopefully in the offseason we can actually find a more reliable kicker and a younger kicker who has a stronger leg than Nugent because it is time for him to go. However I will say this regarding AJ McCarron. I thought he played a solid game overall and he did seem to respond well to the pressure which most of us were not sure he would. Yes he made a couple of mistakes but he will get better because one thing that he has that has impressed me so far is that he has a confidence about him that not many young qbs have and that is good to see. Another thing that is hard to watch is the fact that Hue seems to get into a back down mode in the second half when he should continue to go full throttle because the halftime adjustments from the coaching staff are just not good. They have got to be better if this team expects to go far in the playoffs. Marvin for some reason can never get this team to play a full game of dominant football. This team has all of the talent in the world and can definitely matchup with any team but unless they play a full four quarters of football then it will not matter. Who Dey

Very insightful but really really long!!!   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
A 'complete' coach wouldn't let the game get out of hand like that after your fg kicker misses one after being up 14-0.

It's Marv. always was always will be. A top coach with this roster would have a few PO wins by now if not a championship.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 05:49 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Sooooo......your up 14-3 at the half, on the road, against a team that has not scored in the second half in a month, with the top scoring defense that was only on the field 8 minutes 46 seconds in the first half, in the biggest regular season game for the franchise in 25 years, with a bye on the line, with home field advantage on the line, with an extra week to get your starting QB back for the playoffs on the line, and nobody is at fault?????????

rigggggggghhtttt.......I see you Marvin  Ninja

Bravo !

(12-29-2015, 07:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Broncos made better adjustments at halftime, so I'll blame the guy with the 8-18 record in prime time. Multiple players choked. How many times have we heard that story during Marv's tenure? We give him all the credit for shaping this roster and building a consistent winner, so it's only fair to give him blame when they fail. That's life as a HC.

Agreed

(12-29-2015, 08:14 PM)Utts Wrote: I do not blame AJ for costing us the game, but his 2 big crap plays stand out to me.

Coming in tied with AJ is the coaching staffs inability to adjust. I guess if I was forced to place blame for the loss, that' where i'd put it.

AJ regularly wilts when we need him most, but I like you only place 40% or so on him. It's more that there is no plan "B" ever, when we really need it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hue Jackson gets a big portion of the blame for this. Im tired of this notion that we can line up our offensive line against their d-line and beat them with the run. It never works yet they stick with it and it always costs us. We get a lead and Hue or Marvin thinks that we can run the clock out for som e reason. We can't do it! Getting 2-4 yards a rush is effective in the long run because you are gaining yards and making the defense tired. When they know we are going to run, we lose yards every single time. There is no point! The only way this team is going to win a playoff game or a game against a better coached team is to stay aggressive and hope that our skill guys don't make mistakes!
Reply/Quote
Andy Daltons stupid thumb.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Team loss.

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't blame the loss on one individual, but I know there are 3 plays in the first half the completely swung the momentum of the game. All within the course of 2.5 minutes of gametime:

First, Nugent missed a FG costing us going up 17-0 and dominating on all cylinders.

Second, coming off the missed FG, Osweiler hits a wide open Sanders for 35 yards and putting the Broncos nearly in the red zone.

Third, McManus makes a FG to put the Broncos on the board going into to halftime.

Yes, a lot of this was started by Nugent's missed FG which also would come in handy at the end of regulation, but I would not entirely blame it on him. But these three plays swung the momentum in the Broncos favor and got their otherwise quiet crowd back into the game.

Yes we should have made adjustments and whatnot, but I do not think they would be nearly as drastically needed without these three plays in a short timespan.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 08:18 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Team loss.

Smartest post in this thread. The blame game serves no purpose.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 08:18 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Team loss.

Definitely.  No one should get full credit for the loss, but there were plenty of things that happened that were major contributing factors.  A Nugent missed FG and a McCarron OT fumble were big plays that you can't overlook. 

In the same way that I would say that Hill won the game for us if he would have broken 11 tackles on his way to a 70 yard TD to end it, I'll say that McCarron lost it for us by not handling that snap.

Of course, it never should have gotten to that, but unfortunately it did.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
While there were several plays/players that cost us, the clear winner in my mind is the missed field goal.

IF we go into the half up 17-0, we win that game. That missed FG was a huge momentum changer.
Reply/Quote
It's a team sport.
It's a team sport.
It's a team sport.
It's a team sport.
It's a team sport.
Reply/Quote