Poll: Where does the burdon lay?
Marvin Lewis - Coach
Hue - Play calling
Paul Guenther - Defense
AJ Green - Missing Catches 2nd Half
The guy who missed the FG Kicked I am not saying his name cause he is my pick but everybody deserves the blame
Number 55 for kinda hitting someone out of bounds sorta
AJ McCarron or Macaroni whatever that means
Geno Atkins and his sickle cellness
Someone else entirley perhaps Paul Brown for putting the Bengals Together
Carson Palmer Cause he looks so sexy in a skirt - did I just say that
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Player Bad Play Cost us the Most?
Who Cost us the Game?
Reply/Quote
Can I pick the offensive line yet again?
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown for extending Marvin Lewis after 2010?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No one cost us the game. Bad stuff happens, and a little bit of it happened in all phases of the game.

I said it in another thread: We almost played well enough to win the game. It didn't happen. That stinks, but that's where I am with it.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Mike Brown for extending Marvin Lewis after 2010?

Nervous
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:51 PM)gobobro Wrote: No one cost us the game. Bad stuff happens, and a little bit of it happened in all phases of the game.

I said it in another thread: We almost played well enough to win the game. It didn't happen. That stinks, but that's where I am with it.

I agree with this.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree with this.

REPLY ON RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!   212
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:51 PM)gobobro Wrote: No one cost us the game. Bad stuff happens, and a little bit of it happened in all phases of the game.

Sooooo......your up 14-3 at the half, on the road, against a team that has not scored in the second half in a month, with the top scoring defense that was only on the field 8 minutes 46 seconds in the first half, in the biggest regular season game for the franchise in 25 years, with a bye on the line, with home field advantage on the line, with an extra week to get your starting QB back for the playoffs on the line, and nobody is at fault?????????

rigggggggghhtttt.......I see you Marvin  Ninja
Reply/Quote
That loss can't be pinned entirely on one person. Why can't you see that?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 05:49 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Sooooo......your up 14-3 at the half, on the road, against a team that has not scored in the second half in a month, with the top scoring defense that was only on the field 8 minutes 46 seconds in the first half, in the biggest regular season game for the franchise in 25 years, with a bye on the line, with home field advantage on the line, with an extra week to get your starting QB back for the playoffs on the line, and nobody is at fault?????????

Heh. What I meant was everyone was a little bit at fault. 

-AJM played like a young dude with promise. He did some good things, got away with a couple poor decisions, missed some open guys, and didn't have the command of the offense to check into or out of a few plays.

-AJ Green was great in the first half, but seemed to quit on some routes in the second half when things weren't going well.

-Hue was bold in the first half, and got conservative in the second.

-The defense allowed 17 second half points all by themselves, before giving up the final 3 in overtime. 

-Nuge was clutch on the 50 yarder, but blew that early field goal. We didn't flip field position well enough.

...In the end, I think each component played well enough to win, but not well enough to overcome all of the other "pretty good" play. 

I don't think there's enough separation between these teams for us to feel like we "should" have kicked their ass, in prime time, in Denver... But we sure could have.
Reply/Quote
Whether people want to admit it or not the whole game changed after the missed field goal.....I have been saying for years we should have never let Josh Brown walk.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 05:49 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Sooooo......your up 14-3 at the half, on the road, against a team that has not scored in the second half in a month, with the top scoring defense that was only on the field 8 minutes 46 seconds in the first half, in the biggest regular season game for the franchise in 25 years, with a bye on the line, with home field advantage on the line, with an extra week to get your starting QB back for the playoffs on the line, and nobody is at fault?????????

And you think the #1 Defense by far in the league is going to continue to play like they did in 1st half and you think a unproven backup QB is going to keep playing at the level ? 

how many games have you watched in the NFL.. I can count numerous games this season that what happen last nite has happen to other teams.. How about Carolina.. they totally blew it against the Giants... to let them come back.. it happens... 

Both teams needed the game, Denver a bit more but I feel safe to say that the Bengals played just as hard as Denver.. they lost in OT in Denver .. Come on Man.
Reply/Quote
While a loss cannot really be blamed on any particular individual, I will say that those missed/dropped passes in the 2nd half were killers. It seemed like every time the team gathered any momentum in the 2nd half, a play that could/should have been made killed the drive.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:49 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Who Cost us the Game?

Well I voted for Marv because ... well ... it was classic Marv. I loved Nug at OSU, but it's pasture time I think.

I wouldn't have picked AJM simply cause it was his second start and some folks feel that if he doesn't play better than Dalton then he sucked. But so far, AJM has been better than playoff Andy so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for his second start.

Could have added Dalton to this list for breaking his thumb on a tackle of an interception he threw in the first place. It's a more direct cause than Paul Brown I'd say.

Surprised no one has picked Burfict's penalty. It was at a critical time, which is what makes it more noteable.

Reply/Quote
The Broncos made better adjustments at halftime, so I'll blame the guy with the 8-18 record in prime time. Multiple players choked. How many times have we heard that story during Marv's tenure? We give him all the credit for shaping this roster and building a consistent winner, so it's only fair to give him blame when they fail. That's life as a HC.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I do not blame AJ for costing us the game, but his 2 big crap plays stand out to me.

Coming in tied with AJ is the coaching staffs inability to adjust. I guess if I was forced to place blame for the loss, that' where i'd put it.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
How many years are they going to let Nugent keep missing crucial FGs?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 07:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Broncos made better adjustments at halftime, so I'll blame the guy with the 8-18 record in prime time. Multiple players choked. How many times have we heard that story during Marv's tenure? We give him all the credit for shaping this roster and building a consistent winner, so it's only fair to give him blame when they fail. That's life as a HC.
^^^^^^^^Exactly!!!!!
(12-29-2015, 08:18 PM)jason Wrote: How many years are they going to let Nugent keep missing crucial FGs?

Probably nowhere near as many as they are going to let Marv stick around without any playoff wins. ThumbsUp
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 08:54 PM)PApinhead Wrote: ^^^^^^^^Exactly!!!!!

Probably nowhere near as many as they are going to let Marv stick around without any playoff wins. ThumbsUp

Hilarious   Sad    Sick   Cry

Reply/Quote
I'd have to say coaching, blown coverage (By Kirk), Tez's Penalty, and Nuge (Confused how he makes a 52 yarder misses 45 yarder? tf).
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote