Poll: Which QB's career will Joe Burrow's resemble closest?
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Phillip Rivers
Andrew Luck
Drew Brees
Big Ben
Steve Young
Boomer Esiason
Akili Smith
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which QB will Joe Burrow's career resemble?
Vote on which QB Joe's career will mimic closest:

Let's start with the GOAT: Tom Brady. 6 super bowl wins. I watched his Youtube career story this weekend. The guy had a similar college career to Burrow. He fought for a starting job even as a Senior. Yet, when in there--he led them to multiple wins and an Orange Bowl win. Drops to the 6th round. If Burrow didn't transfer to LSU, he is likely a 6th round pick. They both have tremendous drive, leadership, intelligence, pocket presence, accuracy, vision.

Peyton Manning. 1st overall pick. 2 time super bowl winner. Extremely intelligent, record breaking numbers. Only the 2 super bowl wins though. Not as great moving in the pocket.

Aaron Rodgers. 1 Super Bowl. Extremely successful with a lot of regular season success and great numbers. Revolutionary QB in my mind, though. You can see a lot of his game in Mahomes.

I won't put Mahomes on the list, as we don't know how great he will become. Will he rival Burrow in Super Bowl wins? Will he dominate Burrow? Will Burrow dominate him like Brady did to Manning?

Phillip Rivers. Really successful QB that never really won the big one.

Andrew Luck. Great QB. Punished by his offensive line and retires early. I don't see Burrow quiting with the drive he has.

Drew Brees/Big Ben. 1 superbowl each. Consistent success.

Steve Young. 3 Super Bowl wins. Generational talent.

Boomer Esiason. Highly successful but never won the big one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You remember when Tiger Woods was at his peak and they had to lengthen the courses to "Tiger Proof" them? This, but with football.....
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You remember when Tiger Woods was at his peak and they had to lengthen the courses to "Tiger Proof" them? This, but with football.....

One can hope!
Reply/Quote
Well I've been told for the last 10 years that no QB could do better than Dalton with this team. So I guess I hope he does that well.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Can’t we just enjoy the win? You’re going to get certain people all riled up with this...

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can’t we just enjoy the win? You’re going to get certain people all riled up with this...

I was going to post this yesterday. But didn't get around to it (that's when I watched the Brady documentary). In the documentary, Robert Kraft said that the first thing Brady did was look him in the eyes and tell him that drafting him would be the best decision the Patriots have ever made. He was right. He worked harder than anyone to make those Super Bowls a reality. The win over the Falcons--to me--shows his ability to will his team to wins in big moments.

Also, they should have flexed the Ravens Steelers game to Sunday night. This game sucks. I'm bored.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can’t we just enjoy the win? You’re going to get certain people all riled up with this...

I like Burrow and I hope he does well. But comparing him to any of these guys is just ridiculous. 

He has a grand total of two wins. The experts on this board crack me up. 

Just trying to fill that void.  Wink
Reply/Quote

What stood out to me was that Herbert wasn't in the list.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
His career will resemble Joe Burrow's.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:10 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: His career will resemble Joe Burrow's.

That's some lofty expectations. That dude set a bunch of rookie records early in his career. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Pep Guardiola!
A local kid who was one of our best players who then becomes one of our best coaches!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:10 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: His career will resemble Joe Burrow's.

His career will be Joe Burrow's
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Way too early to tell. But right now he's trending towards Andrew Luck as a floor, Drew Brees as a ceiling.

I think Burrow's success (or failures) will depend more on the organization than his ability.
Reply/Quote
I think I can add 5 more QBs to the poll if someone wants a QB to add on. I won't add Burrow, as it defeats the purpose of the thread.
Reply/Quote
I’ll vote for Drew Brees. He’ll put up big stats and Quarterback a high powered offense. Let’s just hope he can get a Super Bowl ring like Drew.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 08:02 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’ll vote for Drew Brees. He’ll put up big stats and Quarterback a high powered offense. Let’s just hope he can get a Super Bowl ring like Drew.

Oof

Drew Brees never reached his full potential with his first team and it wasn't until he left and went to a better team that he became a future first ballot HoF QB that won a SB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I went with the Manning answer. I could see a couple Super Bowl wins, but both here in Cincy. I think the league is just too competitive now for any one QB to have a run like Brady. Even Mahommes will have his struggles with his new contract and surrounding cast.
Reply/Quote
I think 2 guys he resembles as far as style of play:

Brees and Montana

Neither has the rocket arm of some of the elite. But,both are winners on and off the field. Both make receivers look better. Both are leaders. My wife noticed yesterday and I will quote "the team really like Joe Burrow, all of the team".

How could you not love a guy who simply wills his team into games, he won't quit. Looking back, a few bounces our way and this team could be 6-2 or 5-3 at worst. One game we were blown out by the Ravens, other than that game, JB has kept us in every game in spite of poor OL play early and very bad defense in some games.

Team looked good yesterday on both sides of the ball, still need a pass rush and some needs, but our rookie class looks like best we have had maybe ever. Wilson is a baller, Tee gets better every game and Joe Burrow looks like a 5 year vet more than he looks like a rookie.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:53 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I like Burrow and I hope he does well. But comparing him to any of these guys is just ridiculous. 

He has a grand total of two wins. The experts on this board crack me up. 

Just trying to fill that void.  Wink

Wins and losses are on the team. individual QB stats are on the player. Burrow is lighting it up and breaking records at a record pace.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 08:02 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’ll vote for Drew Brees. He’ll put up big stats and Quarterback a high powered offense. Let’s just hope he can get a Super Bowl ring like Drew.

40 year old Brees showed yesterday how he can play a top defense missing all world WR Mike Thomas + his next 2 best receivers and figure out a way to win. He has done these things his entire career, I think that will be he Joe burrow legacy, making others look good. If I am a WR or TE, I am wanting to join the burrow led offense in the future.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote