Poll: which wr has most catches while green out
Ross
Erickson
Malone
Core
Tate
Other
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which WR has most catches while Green is out?
You can pick someone else, but it has to be a WR not named Boyd.
Reply/Quote
My vote is Erickson. He has reliable hands. John Ross doesn’t have Andy’s trust and that will cost him some targets.

We are more likely to see more catches from Bernard/Mixon than actual WRs in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 08:26 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: We are more likely to see more catches from Bernard/Mixon than actual WRs in my opinion.

Agree.
Reply/Quote
Since the question is worded WR I voted Erickson. But like you guys have already said I'd bet Mixon/Gio will be getting a lot of targets as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
can I vote for dez?
Reply/Quote
In AJ's career? Mohammad Sanu.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Josh Malone. He's the closet we got to AJ's skillset
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 08:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In AJ's career? Mohammad Sanu.

Well... you’re not wrong
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 08:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In AJ's career?  Mohammad Sanu.

Oh, you must mean "will have", not has had.  I'll go with Erickson, since Boyd is off the table. Though, it would be really nice to see Josh Malone step up or Cody Core even have a career game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 08:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh, you must mean "will have", not has had.  I'll go with Erickson, since Boyd is off the table. Though, it would be really nice to see Josh Malone step up or Cody Core even have a career game.

I thought you were being pedantic on purpose cause Fred and irony and stuff but nope.

Now I’m sad.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 08:26 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: My vote is Erickson. He has reliable hands. John Ross doesn’t have Andy’s trust and that will cost him some targets.

We are more likely to see more catches from Bernard/Mixon than actual WRs in my opinion.

My guess as well....he has shown the most consistency of all of them.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Other for Mixon. New Orleans defense is weak against the pass so they'll get Mixon involved that way if the run game isn't working out.

Reply/Quote
I think the box score will look like...

Boyd
Mixon
Uzomah
Ross

So...Ross.

Edit: I want to be wrong though. I hope Lazor tries to move Ross around and use his speed.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 08:26 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: My vote is Erickson. He has reliable hands. John Ross doesn’t have Andy’s trust and that will cost him some targets.

None of these guys has Andy's trust Erickson 8 catches this year Ross 7 catches and they lead the way. Core has three and Malone has one catch and none of these guys have very many targets. Its not like they are all dropping the balls Andy just don't have the balls to throw it to them. Ross prolly has the most targets but you have to trust your guys to catch the ball if you want to worry about throwing interceptions worry when you target AJ that is when most of his INT happen. If Andy has a glaring weakness its not spreading the ball around great QB's can throw it to any guy running around on the field. In Andy's defense he does only have a sec to throw the ball before the O-line caves in on him but he has to trust the his other teammates not just AJ and Boyd but all of them.
Reply/Quote
Still think the team should look at this game as a chance to scout Ross and see what he can do, given the groin is healed.

I'm betting on Erickson though.
Reply/Quote
I think it will be Malone.

Erickson might be reliable but he is what he is.

This is the game Malone gets a few catches.

I agree with the consensus that other than Boyd, the RBs and TEs will get the bulk of remainder receptions.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Erickson.Although,,,,I would love to see Auden Tate get about 10 Targets.
Reply/Quote
I voted for Erickson because I believe he'll get targets. But Malone would be my second choice because he has the size and isn't slow.

Ross will get targets but that doesn't mean they translate to catches.

Reply/Quote
I get that everyone is down on Ross (and rightfully so), but I'd still bet on Ross.

Through the first 4 weeks, Ross posted the following numbers:

15 targets - 7 catches - 79 yards - 2 TDs

...and that's with a healthy AJ Green/Boyd/Eifert. They were trying to get him involved. He was part of the game plan. He was a 9th overall pick and I'm sure they'd like to see some return on that investment. Or at least some hope for the future with the guy.

As for Erickson, I like him but he doesn't bring any of the big play ability that AJ brought to the table. No threat on the outside.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 09:42 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: None of these guys has Andy's trust Erickson 8 catches this year Ross 7 catches and they lead the way. Core has three and Malone has one catch and none of these guys have very many targets. Its not like they are all dropping the balls Andy just don't have the balls to throw it to them. Ross prolly has the most targets but you have to trust your guys to catch the ball if you want to worry about throwing interceptions worry when you target AJ that is when most of his INT happen. If Andy has a glaring weakness its not spreading the ball around great QB's can throw it to any guy running around on the field. In Andy's defense he does only have a sec to throw the ball before the O-line caves in on him but he has to trust the his other teammates not just AJ and Boyd but all of them.

Have you actually watched ANY games this year? Shocked

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote