Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which came first?
Post the first answer that comes to your mind, and don't think about it, just answer.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
(03-30-2016, 10:30 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Post the first answer that comes to your mind, and don't think about it, just answer.

Honestly when I read the title  thought of my pat answer:

It depends on if you believe in evolution or creationism.

Evolution:  Egg.  

Creationism: Chicken.

I think egg.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-30-2016, 10:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Honestly when I read the title  thought of my pat answer:

It depends on if you believe in evolution or creationism.

Evolution:  Egg.  

Creationism: Chicken.

I think egg.

Really? I've always thought the opposite. If the chicken (or a version of it) came first, it probably needed some way to reproduce close to asexual reproduction. Plopping out eggs (unfertilized) is the real world version of Mario cart bananas.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-30-2016, 11:06 PM)Benton Wrote: Really? I've always thought the opposite. If the chicken (or a version of it) came first, it probably needed some way to reproduce close to asexual reproduction. Plopping out eggs (unfertilized) is the real world version of Mario cart bananas.

I've always thought the egg would come from some variation of the chicken with a slightly different variation.  If that variation survives it carries on and continues to change over time following the same pattern.

With creationism: chicken.
The egg. A genetically similar creature to the chicken laid an egg with a slight mutation that ended up being the first chicken.
The Rooster
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-30-2016, 10:30 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Post the first answer that comes to your mind, and don't think about it, just answer.

God created both, at the same time.
Ninja
Why is a chicken having sex with an egg?
(03-30-2016, 11:50 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Why is a chicken having sex with an egg?

*BOOM*
/thread

Hilarious
[Image: wpid-wk17M9cRRw-Vz7UdP3mFviP97VRrlHvTBcb...-11-26.jpg]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(03-30-2016, 11:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've always thought the egg would come from some variation of the chicken with a slightly different variation.  If that variation survives it carries on and continues to change over time following the same pattern.

With creationism: chicken.

Paleo Chicken?  Can we call it Paleo Chicken?  So, how did Paleo Chicken come about?  Paleo egg, or Paleo Chicken?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I realize this is a conversation piece rather than legitimate argument, but years ago they discovered that "the formation of egg shells relies on a protein found only in a chicken's ovaries." So, eggs can't form without first being inside a chicken, ego the chicken came "first."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1294341/Chicken-really-DID-come-egg-say-scientists.html
(03-31-2016, 02:19 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I realize this is a conversation piece rather than legitimate argument, but years ago they discovered that "the formation of egg shells relies on a protein found only in a chicken's ovaries."  So, eggs can't form without first being inside a chicken, ego the chicken came "first."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1294341/Chicken-really-DID-come-egg-say-scientists.html

Also, think about it: would the egg form around the female's egg and male's sperm and just wait for it to fertilize?  

Seems logical that the chicken would have to come first.
(03-31-2016, 02:51 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Also, think about it: would the egg form around the female's egg and male's sperm and just wait for it to fertilize?  

Seems logical that the chicken would have to come first.

How could a chicken come first? Where would the "first" chicken come from?
(03-31-2016, 02:19 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I realize this is a conversation piece rather than legitimate argument, but years ago they discovered that "the formation of egg shells relies on a protein found only in a chicken's ovaries."  So, eggs can't form without first being inside a chicken, ego the chicken came "first."

"It's very interesting to find that different types of avian species seem to have a variation of the protein that does the same job"

Doesn't that mean that the egg could form inside of another avian animal (one which was the ancestors of the chicken obviously)
(03-31-2016, 12:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Paleo Chicken?  Can we call it Paleo Chicken?  So, how did Paleo Chicken come about?  Paleo egg, or Paleo Chicken?

Some other variation of the chicken.

Until we get the current form through the mutations.

Same as with humans.
Eggs existed before chickens. Ergo, eggs came first.
Find out what came first, the Chicken McNugget or the Egg McMuffin and you'll have your answer.
(03-31-2016, 07:55 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Eggs existed before chickens. Ergo, eggs came first.

And you summed up in one sentence what I could not in two posts!  LOL!
Is anyone else hungry for chicken wings now?  :drool:

Definitely a form of chicken came first. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.