Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which former (non-HOF) Bengal player would you add to the current roster?
Chad Johnson was a fun receiver to watch, but I'd take Ike Curtis over him every day. If you aren't old enough to remember Curtis, you really missed out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tommy Casanova on D - Dan Ross on O
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 12:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As much as I'd want Big Willie to shore up that right side of the o-line, having a prime Chad Johnson with AJ Green is too much to resist.

Can't take full advantage of elite WRs when you don't have a decent O-line.
Reply/Quote
Bill Bergey....middle of defense solved
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Can't take full advantage of elite WRs when you don't have a decent O-line.

We’ve done a pretty good job at taking advantage of having AJ and Boyd for the most part this season. And that’s only one of them being elite.

This offense would be putting up 40+ points a game if they had two WR’s as good as prime Chad and AJ on the field at the same time.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 08:10 AM)grampahol Wrote: Or IC (Isaac Curtis) for that matter.  He was definitely a burner and could haul it in with the best of them and he played when basically killing receivers was legal and it was primarily a rushing game . He would be lighting up defenses big time in today's game. 
Max Montoya on the O-line wouldn't be too hateful. 

Isaac Curtis on one side and AJ on the other would be ridiculous.  
Reply/Quote
Easy, Greg Cook! Boomer or D Filcher. Greg Cook would have been awesome in todays NFL. Boomer had the best play action fake ever, and Fulcher was just a beast.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 11:04 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: They'd be in their prime, no injury issues.

I'm torn between a prime Whitworth or prime Willie Anderson. One of the bookends. Thought this would be a fun discussion as we head into the highly anticipated weekend...

Ritchie Braham
Reply/Quote
For anyone that wants Willie to stabilize the RT pos, why wouldn't you take Whit and move Glenn to RT? 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 09:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: For anyone that wants Willie to stabilize the RT pos, why wouldn't you take Whit and move Glenn to RT? 

Good point.
Reply/Quote
Johnathan Joseph or Whit
Reply/Quote
I don't think Chad Johnson would take too well to AJ Green being the Alpha Dog. Ill take an offensive lineman.
Reply/Quote
Jim Breech
Reply/Quote
Easy, Greg Cook! Boomer or D Filcher. Greg Cook would have been awesome in todays NFL. Boomer had the best play action fake ever, and Fulcher was just a beast.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 09:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: For anyone that wants Willie to stabilize the RT pos, why wouldn't you take Whit and move Glenn to RT? 

Because (IMO) Willie was the better player and also, we wouldn't have to move Glenn to a position he's not used to.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2018, 12:10 AM)jorev5 Wrote: I don't think Chad Johnson would take too well to AJ Green being the Alpha Dog.  Ill take an offensive lineman.

It'd be a 1A and 1B situation. Also, I think the Chad cancer thing is wildly dramaticized. Did Chad get mad when TJ led the team in catches all those years? Chad was more team focused than some claim.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Can't take full advantage of elite WRs when you don't have a decent O-line.

Hasn't stopped AJ, not sure why it'd stop Chad. 
Reply/Quote
Great question! Our current needs are Offensive Line and Linebacker. But I also think about skill players we've had on each side of the ball that we've had over the years that could possibly mask our current issues. If I was picking to fix a weak area it'd be Willie Anderson at RT and Takeo Spikes at LB. Now, if I was picking a player that could take an already strong area to a whole new level, it'd be Corey Dillon. I know we have Mixon and Gio, but man Corey was something special. He was all the offense we had in some dark years. Teams knew this, stacked 8 in the box, gameplanned for him..and still couldn't stop him. And our offensive line was bad back then too.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 09:30 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Akili Smith as Dalton's backup so I could see tons of threads about how he's wasting away on the bench and is a waaaay better starter than Dalton because he has "it", so they need to bench or cut Dalton to let Akili start.

Ninja

Yeah but, why have Akili Smith when we could have AJ McCarron?

I think the Bengals could use a Reggie Williams or Take Spikes.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If it was strictly a player, I'd go for Reggie Williams. He fills a need, and was a stable leader who we could count on. I remember back in the day he did some volunteer work for my dad (a Salvation Army officer then, retired now) and spoke at camp Swoneky, just north of Kings Island. Now if the option includes coaches then give me Bill walsh
Reply/Quote