Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which former (non-HOF) Bengal player would you add to the current roster?
They'd be in their prime, no injury issues.

I'm torn between a prime Whitworth or prime Willie Anderson. One of the bookends. Thought this would be a fun discussion as we head into the highly anticipated weekend...
Reply/Quote
Reggie Williams
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Andrew Whitworth. Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 11:44 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Reggie Williams

Takeo Spikes or Odell Thurman 

Spikes would really help this run D. Plus what a name for a linebacker, SPIKES!! Always loved it.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
I consider Whitworth a HOF so he would be not eligible for this list along with Ken Reilly.

Odd name wasn't really consider great by any measure but in today's NFL would be an All star in today's game. Give me Brandon Johnson at LBer.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think everyone is underestimating Reggie Williams. IMO the best Bengals LB ever.
Reply/Quote
2005 Deltha O'Neal
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 11:04 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: They'd be in their prime, no injury issues.

I'm torn between a prime Whitworth or prime Willie Anderson. One of the bookends. Thought this would be a fun discussion as we head into the highly anticipated weekend...

Tim Krumrie, run defense solved, and judging by the stories of how he attacked offensive linemen in practice, I would think the rushing attack would improve as well.
Reply/Quote
Imagine having Chad and AJ at the same time...

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 07:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Imagine having Chad and AJ at the same time...

Or IC (Isaac Curtis) for that matter.  He was definitely a burner and could haul it in with the best of them and he played when basically killing receivers was legal and it was primarily a rushing game . He would be lighting up defenses big time in today's game. 
Max Montoya on the O-line wouldn't be too hateful. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 01:03 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think everyone is underestimating Reggie Williams. IMO the best Bengals LB ever.

Agree.  Give me Reggie also.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
An archived article in the NYT about Williams. 
https://www.nytimes.com/1982/01/14/sports/bengals-williams-an-ivy-linebacker-who-has-won-respect.html

Back before he went on to become a city councilman and other accomplishments..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 11:54 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I consider Whitworth a HOF so he would be not eligible for this list along with Ken Reilly.

Odd name wasn't really consider great by any measure but in today's NFL would be an All star in today's game. Give me  Brandon Johnson at LBer.

Dude, you're killing me.  You can't just ambiguously remove a guy from consideration, based on your opinion.  Sure, he might be a HOFer one day, but right now, he's not.  There are no guarantees.  Bengal players have been snubbed by HOF voters, time and again.  Heck, for that matter, look how many times Whitworth was passed over on ALL-PRO, in favor of Joe Thomas?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I think it would have to be Whit. The LB core of Tez, Brown and Vigil isn't that, that bad... Putting Whit back at LT really helps this already dangerous offense.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 09:08 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dude, you're killing me.  You can't just ambiguously remove a guy from consideration, based on your opinion.  Sure, he might be a HOFer one day, but right now, he's not.  There are no guarantees.  Bengal players have been snubbed by HOF voters, time and again.  Heck, for that matter, look how many times Whitworth was passed over on ALL-PRO, in favor of Joe Thomas?
Ahh, don't be a stick in the mud. Give the man his fantasies.. lol

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 01:03 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think everyone is underestimating Reggie Williams. IMO the best Bengals LB ever.

This.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Akili Smith as Dalton's backup so I could see tons of threads about how he's wasting away on the bench and is a waaaay better starter than Dalton because he has "it", so they need to bench or cut Dalton to let Akili start.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Odell Thurman (to pair up with Burfict)
Corey Dillon
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Odell Thurman or Chad Johnson (not Ocho Cinco, to be clear)
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 07:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Imagine having Chad and AJ at the same time...

This could have been a thing. They traded Chad when they drafted AJ.
Reply/Quote