Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which franchise single season record will be hardest to break?
(01-06-2022, 10:15 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Mostly because Esiason's fakes were great.  I've always wondered why they don't bring him in and teach Burrow that same skill (or any of the other QBs).

Burrow is always looking for ways to improve upon himself. Maybe he will do that in the off-season.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 12:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I think Evan can hit that.

He's kicked 3 bad balls all year and the rest of the misses have been unlucky or wind-ruined.

For those saying Mixon will have a tough time with rushing records, he did hit 13 TDs this year and Ickey hold the single season mark with 15, so if things had bounced a couple of different ways, he would've hit it this year.

The Pickens 17 TDs may be trickier than many think, even with Chase balling out and Burrow able to get the ball to his guys.

I'd assume there were quite a few garbage time TDs to Pickens that year. Not a knock on him, but those were some dark days.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 01:25 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Burrow is always looking for ways to improve upon himself. Maybe he will do that in the off-season.

QB fakes is a lost skill in the NFL. Haven’t seen anyone really good at this for years. Burrow is unlikely to make this a focus of his game due to his preference for shotgun and empty sets.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 02:01 PM)jason Wrote: I'd assume there were quite a few garbage time TDs to Pickens that year. Not a knock on him, but those were some dark days.

Pickens had seven 4th quarter TDs that year. None of them were garbage time.

2 of them extended a 7+ point lead
2 of them gave the Bengals the lead, from a defecit (1 of them a last second td win against the dolphins)
2 of them brought the Bengals to within 3 points of the lead, and
1 of them tied the game.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 02:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Pickens had seven 4th quarter TDs that year. None of them were garbage time.

2 of them extended a 7+ point lead
2 of them gave the Bengals the lead, from a defecit (1 of them a last second td win against the dolphins)
2 of them brought the Bengals to within 3 points of the lead, and
1 of them tied the game.

Carl was just ballin'...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
6-0 Divisional Sweep.....

Impossible to Break till we get a 5 team Division
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 02:32 PM)jason Wrote: Carl was just ballin'...

Yup. He had 7 TDs after 5 games and didn't score in only 3 games all year. 2 of those 3 were in weeks 14 and 15. 

It was a crazy year. Started off 2-0 and then from weeks 3-9, the Bengals were 1-6, 5 of those 6 losses being by 3 points each. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 02:12 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: QB fakes is a lost skill in the NFL. Haven’t seen anyone really good at this for years. Burrow is unlikely to make this a focus of his game due to his preference for shotgun and empty sets.

But it is good to have in the arsenal for certain situations.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Marvin losing every home game vs. Steelers for 10 years in a row ? Gaah
Reply/Quote

So Chase ends up breaking the record on Chad’s birthday of all days. Wild.

Reply/Quote
Coy Bacon's sack record. 21.5 in 1976.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 07:20 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Coy Bacon's sack record. 21.5 in 1976.

I mentioned it in the OP. It’s not going to happen unless we land a generational talent at Edge.

Reply/Quote
I think the rookie records will be very hard to break. Burrow's yards and td records will probably be beaten by him later in his career, as will Chase's franchise yards record, but the rookie records, each player only gets one shot at them. If they're injured or otherwise not in ideal circumstances as a rookie (aren't day 1 starters, haven't developed chemistry with teammates yet) they can't try again the following year.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Didn't see the hardest of them all on here.

CD's single game rushing record.
Reply/Quote