Poll: Which of these options would you prefer?
Marvin comes back with full control of staff, players, free agency, and draft
New coach comes in with the same restrictions currently in place
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which of these options do you prefer?
A real Sophie's Choice here.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Under the current 'restrictions' the Bengals made the playoffs 5 years in a row.

The coach was the guy who couldn't get them prepared for any of those games.

Don't think the 'restrictions' are as bad as some people may think.
Reply/Quote
New coach. Mike Brown has given Marvin teams capable of making some noise in the playoffs and Marv’s teams constantly choke. That’s on him.

I want to see someone else get a shot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
More entertaining to decide which kid has to go..
There's a local hair dressers shop called Sofies choice..I really have to wonder about the decision making process when naming the shop.. 
Let's see..do I become a beautician or do I let one of my kids perish? Tough call.. 
I hate to bring it up, but football isn't life and death..
How about Hobsons choice? More appropriate..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 01:58 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Under the current 'restrictions' the Bengals made the playoffs 5 years in a row.

The coach was the guy who couldn't get them prepared for any of those games.

Don't think the 'restrictions' are as bad as some people may think.

(12-28-2017, 02:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: New coach. Mike Brown has given Marvin teams capable of making some noise in the playoffs and Marv’s teams constantly choke. That’s on him.

I want to see someone else get a shot.

Completely agree with you guys. A new coach is what this team desperately needs, bet we might even split with the
Steelers most of the time which would go a long ways in being able to win the Division. Marvin Lewis totally half assed
this season. Totally unacceptable as a coach at any level, let alone the NFL.

This team is not that far off in my opinion, get new coaches and we have a shot at getting back to the Playoffs.

Would guarantee another losing season next year if Marv was back. Thank God he won't be i am sure.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 01:50 PM)Big Boss Wrote: A real Sophie's Choice here.

Since the second one is the one without Marvin in it, that was my choice.   Thing about a Sphie's Choice is that you're not really voting for one as much as against the other.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
From what we've always been told, Marvin is the one who sets the schemes and rosters. That's where we fail.

Mike is the one who has the biggest chunk of saying who the coaches, free agents and draft picks are.

I get that Mike is cheap, but — outside of letting a few of our better players go via free agency because we thought we had players in place — I don't fault our roster.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 02:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: More entertaining to decide which kid has to go..
There's a local hair dressers shop called Sofies choice..I really have to wonder about the decision making process when naming the shop.. 
Let's see..do I become a beautician or do I let one of my kids perish? Tough call.. 
I hate to bring it up, but football isn't life and death..
How about Hobsons choice? More appropriate..

Right now I could use a cup of Taster's Choice. It's so early.....  Yawn
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Bottom line both Marvin Lewis and Paul Alexander have to go. Any scenairo that doesn't remove them both is a bad choice.
Reply/Quote
I'm going with Marv leaving.

I'm only guessing but I think he's responsible for the failure to adapt time and time again. We all know Adam Jones would still be starting over WJ3 if he wasn't injured.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 09:12 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Bottom line both Marvin Lewis and Paul Alexander have to go. Any scenairo that doesn't remove them both is a bad choice.

Hit the nail on the head. This is what has to happen.

As long as these two are gone i will have some hope no matter who we move onto pretty much.
Reply/Quote