Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which position or players are better this year than last year?
I hear people saying that losing Jones, Sanu, Smith, Nelson, etc aren't impacting the Bengals play...so I ask you - Which position or player has played better this year than they did last year? Where have we upgraded the play at?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 11:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I hear people saying that losing Jones, Sanu, Smith, Nelson, etc aren't impacting the Bengals play...so I ask you - Which position or player has played better this year than they did last year? Where have we upgraded the play at?

There are none.  Dalton is playing well, but not matching what he was able to do last year simply because he has no time.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 11:26 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: There are none.  Dalton is playing well, but not matching what he was able to do last year simply because he has no time.

.....nor the folks getting open AND hanging on to passes.  It's really just him and AJ, and dose of LaFell here and there.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 11:32 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....nor the folks getting open AND hanging on to passes.  It's really just him and AJ, and dose of LaFell here and there.

Agreed.  AJ is playing well, but is getting almost all the defensive attention and again, Dalton has no time.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 11:34 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Agreed.  AJ is playing well, but is getting almost all the defensive attention and again, Dalton has no time.

Yep.....no question.  They know we can't run, ears pinned back, chomping at the bit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Well at first Peko seemed to have stepped his game up from last year but that disappeared against the coyboys. Hunt was obviously doing better as well. And that's about where the improvement stops, really.
Reply/Quote
I don't think it's a matter of the players we lost. I think it's more on the coaches we lost, specifically Hue and Vance.
Reply/Quote
Dalton Nugent and linebackers. It's a shame that William Jackson got hurt or I might be saying corners
Reply/Quote
Basically be it from losing players or coaches...our overall talent has declined on the roster. Suddenly we have a lot of needs.

DE, RT, C, S, maybe Guard if Zeitler leaves.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't put our LB's in that category. They have fallen off this season. One of the big reasons we struggle to stop the run.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 12:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: I wouldn't put our LB's in that category. They have fallen off this season. One of the big reasons we struggle to stop the run.

Agreed. On paper adding Dansby should help...but for whatever reason that unit is just as bad as the other units.
Reply/Quote
The only position so far this season I have seen "improvement" on is SLB with Karlos Dansby. Dalton, Green, & Dunlap seem to be on par which sucks for Dunlap as it seems he is always a split second away from leading the league in sacks. Hunt and Peko have played better yet compared to how nasty our dline was last season is still falls short. Burflict is still getting back into the swing, yet our secondary & Rey are clearing falling short.

When you have such a drastic change, the focus is turned to the Coaching staff
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Dansby is certainly better than Hawk.

That's about it though.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 11:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I hear people saying that losing Jones, Sanu, Smith, Nelson, etc aren't impacting the Bengals play...so I ask you - Which position or player has played better this year than they did last year? Where have we upgraded the play at?

Dre Kirkpatrick has played better IMHO..

Dansby is better than Hawk.

Clarke and Hunt are much better.
Reply/Quote
Dre Kirkpatrick?

Will Clarke for sure.

That's all I got. ***** sad.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Dunlap has played really well for us also Will Clark has improved.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 12:57 PM)J24 Wrote: Dunlap has played really well for us also Will Clark has improved.

Dunlap was really good last year. I wouldn't say he's improved.
Reply/Quote
Kinda off topic here but we are talking about performance, does anyone else want to see what this Vigil kid can do in place of VR or is it just me.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 02:03 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Kinda off topic here but we are talking about performance, does anyone else want to see what this Vigil kid can do in place of VR or is it just me.
Hell yes.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 12:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Basically be it from losing players or coaches...our overall talent has declined on the roster. Suddenly we have a lot of needs.

DE, RT, C, S, maybe Guard if Zeitler leaves.

I don't see how WR isn't a top 2 need  
Reply/Quote