Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which position or players are better this year than last year?
(10-13-2016, 01:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could be a reason why Lafell's stats are better of course but you can't deny he has done well.

MLJ is the better player cause of his upside no question but he wasn't coming back here no matter what we offered him.

He is killing it as a #1 and i thought he was special, but he has impressed me as a Lion.

True about Nuge but a lot were wanting a change here this Preseason and he has shut them up.

Same here cause Zeit has fell off so bad.

It is not like Boling has been great this year, he has just been our best O-lineman IMO.

Yeah, and to be clear, I think Lafell may get better the longer he is here......and of course I know that Marv was not returning.

Nugent has shut me up, for sure.  I'll keep eating that crow, no problem.  I was simply alluding to the OP discussing improving positions.  I don't think we did, and frankly, the way he is kicking now, there really isn't any way to do so.  We didn't get worse there, but not better either....ya know what I mean?

Agree with you and b about Boling.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 12:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The question isn't if the players have improved individually...it's if the position has improved. Shaw is playing well for Shaw...but is he better than Hall was last year covering the Slot?

Is Lafell better than Marvin Jones last year?

Are Clarke and Hunt better than Gilberry?

Is Williams better than Reggie Nelson?

When you lose good players, bench guys get a larger role...so that guy is personally going to get more PT than the year before...but is the overall position upgraded?

Yes.  And you did say position OR player bro.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 03:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, and to be clear, I think Lafell may get better the longer he is here......and of course I know that Marv was not returning.

Nugent has shut me up, for sure.  I'll keep eating that crow, no problem.  I was simply alluding to the OP discussing improving positions.  I don't think we did, and frankly, the way he is kicking now, there really isn't any way to do so.  We didn't get worse there, but not better either....ya know what I mean?

Agree with you and b about Boling.

Lafell has always been a good player except for his one injury plagued year. Really like the guy, same for Boyd.

Just wish our OL would give Dalton some time and Uzi would stop dropping passes cuz our passing game would
be just fine. I really think if we used Hewitt more at H-back the running game would improve. Just need to keep
it simple and run down hill with both our backs, we are being too cute at times pulling our Guards.

I do know what you mean about Nuge, we can definately improve at Kicker i just find him solid. Not a bad thing
when you consider we could get another Shayne Graham or something.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 09:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They think pretty highy of Tyler Boyd, and we don't know what we have in Core yet. 

We have way bigger needs, imo. Mainly, C, LB, S. 

I like Core, but we can't view him as anything other than a luxary. If we have a shot at a dynamic WR next season, in the draft, I'd pull the trigger.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Maualuga was rated as the worst defensive player in all of the nfl last week . So hes on par as last year
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 04:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lafell has always been a good player except for his one injury plagued year. Really like the guy, same for Boyd.

Just wish our OL would give Dalton some time and Uzi would stop dropping passes cuz our passing game would
be just fine. I really think if we used Hewitt more at H-back the running game would improve. Just need to keep
it simple and run down hill with both our backs, we are being too cute at times pulling our Guards.

I do know what you mean about Nuge, we can definately improve at Kicker i just find him solid. Not a bad thing
when you consider we could get another Shayne Graham or something.

Absolutely. Agree on all points.  Nugent has done well this season.....I don't feel that there is anyone out there right now that we could realistically attain that would do us any better.  I mean, it ain't like we can go out and ink Janikowski.  Smirk  I was REALLY concerned after the preseason, but he has ironed it out, and is looking better than he did last season, IMO.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hill hasn't fumbled yet this season. That's an improvement.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 12:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The question isn't if the players have improved individually...it's if the position has improved. Shaw is playing well for Shaw...but is he better than Hall was last year covering the Slot?

Is Lafell better than Marvin Jones last year?

Are Clarke and Hunt better than Gilberry?

Is Williams better than Reggie Nelson?

When you lose good players, bench guys get a larger role...so that guy is personally going to get more PT than the year before...but is the overall position upgraded?
Not this season. Shocked
Reply/Quote