Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which receiver we take in 2nd or 3rd round?
Well the 1st round passed and all the receivers that were 1st round worthy were taken. I'm alright with the William Jackson III pick due to Kirk being a FA next year and the aging of Pacman. I just hope we give him some PT... Dennard & Jackson III.. could be a nice duo..

Anyways, which receiver do we take?

I want us to take Sterling Shepard, Tyler Boyd, Michael Thomas, or Braxton Miller.

I rather have Shepard of all of them but that's my opinion..

Who do we take? I'm pretty sure we will..
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
http://riggosrag.com/2016/01/16/redskins-rumors-desean-jackson-done-in-washington/

Let's take DeSean Jackson off of the Redskins hands. He's 29 years old and a better WR talent than anybody in this draft.

I too was shocked to see Washington grab a WR in the first round (pick #22). But after reading up on it a bit, looks like they don't want to pay the $8 Million a piece for both DJax and Pierre Garcon this season. (especially after having just handed out $75Million to Cousins + Josh Norman)

Let's swing a "draft day" deal for DJax. The guy would be a perfect running mate for AJ, would be a great "Win Now" pickup, & let's face it: He should've been a Bengal a long time ago (screw Jerome Simpson).

WJax3 + DJax > Doctson/Coleman/Fuller
Reply/Quote
Shepherd but im sure he will be gone, and most likely Thomas. I would rather go DL or maybe N.Martin C and hope Garrett or Braverman are there in the 3rd. I dont care much for Braxton at all.
Reply/Quote
Shepard or Boyd .......if they are gone, Carroo or Braverman.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Shepard most likely gone. Dont look for a receiver till third or later. This pick will (hopefully) address a need: Center or DT.
Reply/Quote
I say Bengals go DT round 2. Unless Thomas is there.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 09:35 AM)PacMan Fever Wrote: http://riggosrag.com/2016/01/16/redskins-rumors-desean-jackson-done-in-washington/

Let's take DeSean Jackson off of the Redskins hands. He's 29 years old and a better WR talent than anybody in this draft.

I too was shocked to see Washington grab a WR in the first round (pick #22). But after reading up on it a bit, looks like they don't want to pay the $8 Million a piece for both DJax and Pierre Garcon this season. (especially after having just handed out $75Million to Cousins + Josh Norman)

Let's swing a "draft day" deal for DJax. The guy would be a perfect running mate for AJ, would be a great "Win Now" pickup, & let's face it: He should've been a Bengal a long time ago (screw Jerome Simpson).

WJax3 + DJax > Doctson/Coleman/Fuller

At nearly $10 million this year? No thanks. The Bengals can't afford that.

Just expect the Bengals to take a WR betwee rounds 2 to 4 and hope they are groomed well to be a key contributor in 2017.

My order of preference is Shepard, Thomas, Boyd, then Cooper in round 2.
If not, I'd like Carroo or Higgins in round 3.
If not, Mitchell or perhaps Peake in round 4.

Also, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bengals snag up Adolphus Washington between rounds 2 to 4 either. He's versatile, the Bengals have met with him multiple times, and he's from Cincy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Desean Jackson is due a $3.75 million salary and $4.25 million in bonuses this season. That's not "$10 Million", but it's the exact same $8 Million that we supposedly offered to keep Marv in stripes.......j/s
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:19 AM)PacMan Fever Wrote: Desean Jackson is due a $3.75 million salary and $4.25 million in bonuses this season. That's not "$10 Million", but it's the exact same $8 Million that we supposedly offered to keep Marv in stripes.......j/s

DeSean Jackson's cap number for 2016 is $9.25 million.
http://overthecap.com/player/desean-jackson/744/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:19 AM)PacMan Fever Wrote: Desean Jackson is due a $3.75 million salary and $4.25 million in bonuses this season. That's not "$10 Million", but it's the exact same $8 Million that we supposedly offered to keep Marv in stripes.......j/s

Please no, we don't need to have 2 older receivers..

Rather have us draft a WR in 2nd..
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: DeSean Jackson's cap number for 2016 is $9.25 million.
http://overthecap.com/player/desean-jackson/744/

Still too expensive. He hasn't been the same guy as he was in Philly for a little while now.
Reply/Quote
I'd like Shepard and then Listenbee later.
Reply/Quote
Id rather grab the best DT available at this point. The talent value is better than what we have at WR at this point. Basically we can get a better DT then a better WR at 55.

But for the sake of the thread.

Sterling, Thomas, or Boyd.. In that order.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Shepard is my favorite WR in the draft but I dont think he will be there. They will have a better shot at either Thomas or Boyd. I think it will be Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 09:21 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Well the 1st round passed and all the receivers that were 1st round worthy were taken. I'm alright with the William Jackson III pick due to Kirk being a FA next year and the aging of Pacman. I just hope we give him some PT...  Dennard & Jackson III.. could be a nice duo..

Anyways, which receiver do we take?

I want us to take Sterling Shepard, Tyler Boyd, Michael Thomas, or Braxton Miller.

I rather have Shepard of all of them but that's my opinion..

Who do we take? I'm pretty sure we will..

Shepard, Boyd and Thomas could all be gone and i don't think Miller is worth a 2nd round pick.

I think we ought to go DT in the 2nd if this is the case and go with Keyarrus Garrett in the 3rd.

Hassan Ridgeway, Keyarrus Garrett today would make me extremely happy.
Reply/Quote
Deshawn Jackson is not needed in this offense and with how this team plays. Come on. He would still be a 3rd pass catching option. Frankly, the 3rd guy's job is made easier by Eifert & Green so the Bengals don't need a superstar guy. No matter who that guy is he will max out at 800ish yards. There are just too many options to throw to: Green, LaFell, Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah, Bernard, Hill. Nonguy coming from college is taking a bunch of yards from those guys. 800 max and you don't need Deshawn Jackson or his contract to do that.

Given the Bengals needs at that spot I think Michael Thomas fom OSU is the best fit. If they don't take him, I still think there are guys later whonwill do well. They aren't playing much this season unless there are several injuries anyway.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 09:35 AM)PacMan Fever Wrote: Let's swing a "draft day" deal for DJax. The guy would be a perfect running mate for AJ, would be a great "Win Now" pickup, & let's face it: He should've been a Bengal a long time ago (screw Jerome Simpson).

but frying pan sized hands man..

FRYING PAN SIZED HANDS!!!!!!!

if we are in win now mode. it does make more sense to get a vet WR for dalton.

But we also build to the future so i could see a WR in the 3rd. and then one in the 5th/6th (im hoping for the unicorn late)
Reply/Quote
DeSean Jackson isn't a complimentary #2 WR. He doesn't get many catches, he's a home run or bust threat and is made of glass. No thanks! Why do you think Washington took a WR?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 09:59 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I say Bengals go DT round 2. Unless Thomas is there.

I agree with this, but I would add Shepard to the list. After Shepard and Thomas, I think the talent drops too much to warrant a 2nd Round pick on a WR. At DT, however, the talent could be deep enough to get one in the third, but I'd put a higher value on one of the guys we could land in the 2nd. Only one of the top 2 WRs would justify waiting until the 3rd for a DT. We'll see if the Bengals agree with us on this.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:30 PM)Shady Wrote: I agree with this, but I would add Shepard to the list. After Shepard and Thomas, I think the talent drops too much to warrant a 2nd Round pick on a WR. At DT, however, the talent could be deep enough to get one in the third, but I'd put a higher value on one of the guys we could land in the 2nd. Only one of the top 2 WRs would justify waiting until the 3rd for a DT. We'll see if the Bengals agree with us on this.

I will take Cooper from SC and Carroo Rutgers all day late in 2nd round... good solid picks
Reply/Quote