Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Which rookie is gonna be this years Logan Wilson?
(05-14-2023, 12:09 AM)Housh Wrote: Idk how you got that from my post lol

Wilson is a star now. Pretty sure no one EXPECTED him to turn into such a good linebacker

I was not talking about his rookie year

You asked who will be this years Logan Wilson from the rookie class...

So that means being really good in year 3? Because that’s what your question should mean

If you mean who will have a Logan Wilson esque rookie season? That’s a bizarre question.

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 01:07 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: You asked who will be this years Logan Wilson from the rookie class...

So that means being really good in year 3? Because that’s what your question should mean

If you mean who will have a Logan Wilson esque rookie season? That’s a bizarre question.

You are trying to interpret it in some weird way.

When the guy that posted the thread tells you exactly what it meant, what else is there to discuss?

What player is going to become a lowkey star that maybe no one is pegging to be a star.

Also as a reminder to everyone.......No one becoming a star is an acceptable answer.  
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 01:48 AM)Housh Wrote: You are trying to interpret it in some weird way.

When the guy that posted the thread tells you exactly what it meant, what else is there to discuss?

What player is going to become a lowkey star that maybe no one is pegging to be a star.

Also as a reminder to everyone.......No one becoming a star is an acceptable answer.  

it's just a poorly constructed question is all

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 02:07 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: it's just a poorly constructed question is all

That is possible

I do not really care about grammar here. I do that enough at my job
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 08:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: So he’s asking who’s gonna not start every game but be decent?

Weird question. He definitely thought Wilson made a big impact as a rookie

Should’ve asked which rookie will be this year’s CTB?

I think he means what day 2 and beyond pick is going to turn into a cornerstone piece in the future 
Reply/Quote
Jordan Battle will be a stud for us.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 10:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Really? The 6th rounder and presumably 6th string receiver will have a monster rookie year?

Hell yea, bro. This is gonna be Auden Tate all over again lmao

No, dumbass, I didn't say he was going to have a Randy Moss type year. WTF? Take a few minutes to go fap one out so you can relax. I said I think he is GOING TO BE a monster.

When drafted, most people looked at Logan Wilson as just a guy with a jedi rat tail from a nontraditional football school. Wilson blossomed into a really strong player over his rookie contract.

So, in the way I interpreted the question OP asked.... I think that Yoshi will have a similar impact over the length of his rookie contract.

Murphy, Battle, Jones, Turner were all very respected players from schools people would know. So, I went with the WR that people, like Wilson, look at as just a guy.
Reply/Quote
Brad Robbins
Our punter for years to come
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This was a really well-rounded draft class. Charlie Jones - no doubt was probably the diamond in the rough. From a fan perspective, Battle could be really fun to watch, it has been a while since we have had a box safety.
Reply/Quote
There's several I believe have a chance. But I dunno? There's just something about Chase Brown. I think he might make his presence felt before it's over.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 12:09 AM)Housh Wrote: Idk how you got that from my post lol

Wilson is a star now. Pretty sure no one EXPECTED him to turn into such a good linebacker

I was not talking about his rookie year

I knew what you were referring too. Some people love to be constantly difficult. They lack attention in the real world and strive for the attention electronically like chat rooms and forums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Chase Brown could have more than a few big play opportunities with all the light boxes and how quickly Joey B gets the ball to his check downs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
It's Charlie Jones 100%.. Go watch him destroy Joey Porter Jr in college...
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 01:06 PM)Tony Wrote: It's Charlie Jones 100%.. Go watch him destroy Joey Porter Jr in college...

I think Charlie Jones is the most likely candidate, but Jones didn't destroy Porter. He moved around a lot in that game. He had 4 catches for 33 yards and no TDs (8 yards per catch) against Joey Porter Jr. 

Big statline, but against many defenders. No one in particular. 
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 01:06 PM)Tony Wrote: It's Charlie Jones 100%.. Go watch him destroy Joey Porter Jr in college...

That was probably Jones worst matchup. He did do well against Penn State's other corner Johnny Dixon. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Robbins will contribute the most right away because he is the only guy who will start.

Murphy, DJ Turner, Brown, and Iosivas are all freaky good athletes who also produced at excellent levels in college. Murphy and Brown (DE3 & RB2, most likely) should see the most snaps of the bunch early, and get a good chance to contribute early. Turner (CB4) likely only sees time in dime coverage. Though, I could see him replacing Hilton in the slot in super obvious passing situations. Sooner rather than later, Murphy, Turner, & Brown could all be starters.

Jones is not an elite athlete, but is very good to great. He lead the nation in receptions for a reason and torched Muchigan (Turner) and PSU (Porter). He should win the PR job flat out and maybe KR as well. Boyd's backup & maybe replacement down the road.

Battle does not have the athleticism of the others, but his straight line speed is still very good/great and his IQ is off the charts good. He may be the most pro-ready of he bunch, along with Jones.

Ivey is more of a project. The only guy I'd say probably does not make the 53. Good size & speed, though.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 12:14 AM)Housh Wrote: I think Battle and Jones will force the coaches to play them. Make Dax dime corner and bring in Battle and i can see him playing a lot. It’s not gonna be hard getting Jones on the field. He’s basically taking Morgan’s spot. 4 WR with Irv at TE is going to be a dangerous set as long as we can protect. I honestly don’t know how you guard that. You put the safeties overtop Tee and Chase and with the usual attention Boyd gets, Charlie is going to LOVE it here. I could see around 500 yards and yes i know he’s going to be the 4th string WR. I seriously think he’s that good.

By the time the year is out, I think Battle will be starting over Scott.  Scott really isn't very good at all.  
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2023, 12:09 PM)Whatever Wrote: By the time the year is out, I think Battle will be starting over Scott.  Scott really isn't very good at all.  

yeah i Think Battle will come in and make a name for himself...   Hopefully for the right reasons
Reply/Quote
My favorite pick was DJ Turner, so I'll go with him.
I think he'll be a starter after this season, and he'll be one of the new young cornerstones for the post-Burrow-rookie-contract phase.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2023, 12:09 PM)Whatever Wrote: By the time the year is out, I think Battle will be starting over Scott.  Scott really isn't very good at all.  

Knowing what we know now, I wish the Bengals would have invested Scott's money toward a better (or at least more reliable) TE in FA.
Maybe someone like Austin Hooper, Robert Tonyan, or ideally Dalton Schultz if not re-signing Hurst.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote