Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Which rookie is gonna be this years Logan Wilson?
Man!

Hard choice. Battle, Jones, Brown, Robbins and Iosivas all are likely candidates. I think they are all going to produce in significant ways.

I'm going with Jones. Not as solidly built as Julian Edelman, but has a lot of his intangibles. And he's faster. I think he's going to add a clutch player for Joe

I think this is going to be a really productive draft.

Still pining for TE, 3 technique and OL. But I think they did a really good job.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 05:37 PM)Housh Wrote: Meaning which guy becomes a surprise star out of the new rooks? Can’t use Myles Murphy because as a 1st round pick it’s expected he becomes a star.

Ima go with Charlie Jones. I always have to stop myself from overrating rookies but i think he’s gonna force us to use more 4WR sets and i think by midseason he’s gonna have graphics run for him and he’s gonna be a household name

Think both Charlie Jones and especially Chase Brown will be impactful as rookies and maybe even more than Logan was.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 05:37 PM)Housh Wrote: Meaning which guy becomes a surprise star out of the new rooks? Can’t use Myles Murphy because as a 1st round pick it’s expected he becomes a star.

Ima go with Charlie Jones. I always have to stop myself from overrating rookies but i think he’s gonna force us to use more 4WR sets and i think by midseason he’s gonna have graphics run for him and he’s gonna be a household name

I also think Charlie Jones, but I am very intrigued by Iosivacs as a long-term prospect.  
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2023, 06:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think both Charlie Jones and especially Chase Brown will be impactful as rookies and maybe even more than Logan was.

Man i just don’t see it with Chase. I think he’ll eventually start here but not sure he’ll ever be more than just a good RB.

I legit think Jones can be a star like 2021 Renfrow.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Biggest first year contributors? Battle and Turner.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm going with JuanDrago Turner.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2023, 08:27 PM)Housh Wrote: Man i just don’t see it with Chase. I think he’ll eventually start here but  not sure he’ll ever be more than just a good RB.

I legit think Jones can be a star like 2021 Renfrow.

Well, we disagree on this one Housh. Having a RB that has legit vision behind an improved OL that can pass block and catch the ball
out of the backfield is what we needed more than about anything. Expecting big things from Chase Brown as long as he gets a chance
and doesn't fumble. The vision and pass blocking of Mixon are pretty bad and that is what is in front of Chase Brown.

In front of Charlie Jones is Ja'Marr Chase, Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd.
Reply/Quote
There is an probable path for numerous rooks to contribute.

Murphy is gonna be in the rotation at DE from jump.

Turner is likely the 4th CB, but that assumes Chido is full go to start. Even if he is, Turner will play in Dime. If not, he's likely starting. Plus I think they will try to get him some snaps in the slot, just to see how that goes.

Battle came to camp heavy, but I think he could compete for a starting S job. We never really got the 3 S sets last year, maybe this year we will.

Jones likely is the PR guy from jump and WR4. Our top 3 play a ton but I think he, like Murphy, is good enough that they can come off for a snap now & then & we are still OK. I do foresee some 4 WR sets.

Brown will compete with Williams for RB2.

Robbins is the favorite to win the P job.

Iosivas may have the best athletic profile of any of these guys, but other than being deep speed, he is not gonna play much at first. Though I bet he is a fast learner.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 06:23 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: There is an probable path for numerous rooks to contribute.

Murphy is gonna be in the rotation at DE from jump.

Turner is likely the 4th CB, but that assumes Chido is full go to start. Even if he is, Turner will play in Dime. If not, he's likely starting. Plus I think they will try to get him some snaps in the slot, just to see how that goes.

Battle came to camp heavy, but I think he could compete for a starting S job. We never really got the 3 S sets last year, maybe this year we will.

Jones likely is the PR guy from jump and WR4. Our top 3 play a ton but I think he, like Murphy, is good enough that they can come off for a snap now & then & we are still OK. I do foresee some 4 WR sets.

Brown will compete with Williams for RB2.

Robbins is the favorite to win the P job.

Iosivas may have the best athletic profile of any of these guys, but other than being deep speed, he is not gonna play much at first. Though I bet he is a fast learner.

Agree with everything here. Just wanted to add that Iosivas is just one minor ding away from seeing the field in 4 wide sets. He's going to draw the #4 DB and is going to be a legitimate match-up nightmare.  
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2023, 05:58 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Agree with everything here. Just wanted to add that Iosivas is just one minor ding away from seeing the field in 4 wide sets. He's going to draw the #4 DB and is going to be a legitimate match-up nightmare.  

Has to beat out Chuck Sizzle first...
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2023, 06:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Has to beat out Chuck Sizzle first...

I definitely think that Jones is above him on the depth chart. I'm just suggesting that if Tee, Chase, or Boyd has to miss some time like last year, we should be in good hands. 

Love what Irwin has shown and Taylor is steady, but they]re not worrying DC's all that much downfield. The same can't be said about the two rookie WRs. DCs are going to have to be concerned with them burning their #3 and #4 DBs deep. They won't be able to sit in coverage and squat like they sort of could with Taylor and Irwin in 4 wide sets.
Reply/Quote
Iosivas. This guy is a great all around athlete with smarts. All he needs is a chance to get on the field on a consistent basis and NFL level coaching. I expect he will be an immediate contributor on special teams and will show up whenever someone goes down.
Reply/Quote
So if going off Wilson's trajectory, it's playing as a spot starter and mostly depth guy as a rookie, then getting full starter as a sophomore and putting up good production doing it.

Charlie Jones is the easiest to guess since he's playing as WR4/5 this year but will likely take over Boyd's spot next year.
Or DJ Turner for Awuzie.

But Imma go with my dark horse Chase Brown, and say he gets some rotational playing time this year and could sneakily take over as either the workhorse next year or at least in a Gio Bernard type of RBBC role where he gets a bunch of snaps even if not getting 20+ touches a game.
Bernard got around 10-15 touches per game average while a Bengal.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2023, 09:45 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Iosivas. This guy is a great all around athlete with smarts. All he needs is a chance to get on the field on a consistent basis and NFL level coaching. I expect he will be an immediate contributor on special teams and will show up whenever someone goes down.

Iosivas I think will take a few years to really get developed enough to make as big of an impact like Wilson does, if at all.
Wilson was an impact guy in his 2nd season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2023, 01:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So if going off Wilson's trajectory, it's playing as a spot starter and mostly depth guy as a rookie, then getting full starter as a sophomore and putting up good production doing it.

Charlie Jones is the easiest to guess since he's playing as WR4/5 this year but will likely take over Boyd's spot next year.
Or DJ Turner for Awuzie.

But Imma go with my dark horse Chase Brown, and say he gets some rotational playing time this year and could sneakily take over as either the workhorse next year or at least in a Gio Bernard type of RBBC role where he gets a bunch of snaps even if not getting 20+ touches a game.
Bernard got around 10-15 touches per game average while a Bengal.

The moment a hole is made and Chase Brown actually follows his blocking in front of him, the coaches will take notice.

It should turn a 7 yard gain into a 20-30 yarder. Early last season, Mixon missed a ton of blocks in front of him with his poor vision.

(05-19-2023, 01:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Iosivas I think will take a few years to really get developed enough to make as big of an impact like Wilson does, if at all.
Wilson was an impact guy in his 2nd season.

For sure, Wilson was really good as a rookie too in those limited snaps.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2023, 09:45 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Iosivas. This guy is a great all around athlete with smarts. All he needs is a chance to get on the field on a consistent basis and NFL level coaching. I expect he will be an immediate contributor on special teams and will show up whenever someone goes down.

Andrei seems like a great kid and seemed pleased when I knew who he was today. The absolutely stupid bfine moment was when I cropped that ballboy coming up on my right out of the picture. Once I got home I realized what I had done.

Andrei looks like a god and Charlie Jones looks like a ballboy:
[Image: 348254842_1379771502755176_5089645174915...e=646DB7A8]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

I think he’s gonna be a case of a guy we know isn’t gonna play a lot but we have to dedicate a roster spot to him because if you put that kid on the practice squad with that body and that potential he’s gonna be GONE within minutes of hitting the practice squad.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Could be any one of them. The season hasn't even started. Injuries could be the deciding factor. I hope it's not, but you never really know how these things are going to play out. Injuries to any starter(s) and  the doors can be become wide open in multiple positions..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2023, 04:43 PM)Housh Wrote: I think he’s gonna be a case of a guy we know isn’t gonna play a lot but we have to dedicate a roster spot to him because if you put that kid on the practice squad with that body and that potential he’s gonna be GONE within minutes of hitting the practice squad.

Agreed. 

No way Jomes and Iosivas are not on the 53. 

6th WR is Irwin (best receiver) or Morgan (best ST guy). 

I don't see another slot guy, which makes it tough for Taylor and Lassiter. Taylor would be ideal PS depth. I could see Jackson, with his speed, making a run at Morgan's "spot", if there is a Morgan spot. 

If Collins is PUP I could see us careying only 9 OL and going heavier at another spot. S, WR, or DE would be my bet. Emergency QB rule has 3 QB on the table as well. 
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2023, 11:18 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Agreed. 

No way Jomes and Iosivas are not on the 53. 

6th WR is Irwin (best receiver) or Morgan (best ST guy). 

I don't see another slot guy, which makes it tough for Taylor and Lassiter. Taylor would be ideal PS depth. I could see Jackson, with his speed, making a run at Morgan's "spot", if there is a Morgan spot. 

If Collins is PUP I could see us careying only 9 OL and going heavier at another spot. S, WR, or DE would be my bet. Emergency QB rule has 3 QB on the table as well. 

With Collins possibly back mid season, i could see us carrying 1 less lineman than we did last year. So that means we’re carrying either 4 RB, 4 TEs or 7 WRs. I don’t see us keeping both Trayveon and Evans so i think we take 3 RB and just carry an extra WR. We really like Losivas and we like Trent’s dual ability as a WR and returner. If we can’t ID a good backup returner i think we carry 7 WR. Chase, Tee, Boyd. Irwin, Jones, Losivas and Taylor. What’s even crazier is if those are the 7, i think 6 get a decent amount of snaps. Losivas best shot at quick playtime imo is to absorb Stanley Morgan’s role as our designated blocking WR. He’s got the body and athleticism.
-Housh
Reply/Quote