Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which will happen first?
Next Monday

Which will happen first?

A Bengals free agent is signed by another team or the Bengals will sign a non-Bengal free agent?

who do you think it will be in either scenario?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Even when they are highly active in FA, the Bengals are rarely one of the first teams announcing acquisitions, so I'm going to go with Jonah Williams will be reaching an agreement in principal with the New England Patriots before the early tampering period expires.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 08:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Even when they are highly active in FA, the Bengals are rarely one of the first teams announcing acquisitions, so I'm going to go with Jonah Williams will be reaching an agreement in principal with the New England Patriots before the early tampering period expires.

You think? I'm torn on Jonah. He's good and bad for our organization so if he goes, he goes (insert Dolph Lundgren photo here). 

As for the OP's question, I'll agree with you since we are rarely active in free agency but when we are, most of us are screaming DO SOMETHING!

Reply/Quote
I will agree with Sunset that one of our guys will get signed by another team first, probably Jonah. I just hope we keep DJ Reader and Chido
here. I think these guys are still foundational pieces if they can get healthy and Chido is well on his way and I think he will be much better
this year now that the injury is further behind him, he should be back to his self before the injury.

I am hoping on the 2nd or 3rd day of FA after we sign our guys, we bring in Onwenu to play RT and either Chris Jones, Christian Wilkins,
Leonard Williams or Rankins to play DT for us.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 08:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I will agree with Sunset that one of our guys will get signed by another team first, probably Jonah. I just hope we keep DJ Reader and Chido
here. I think these guys are still foundational pieces if they can get healthy and Chido is well on his way and I think he will be much better
this year now that the injury is further behind him, he should be back to his self before the injury.

I am hoping on the 2nd or 3rd day of FA after we sign our guys, we bring in Onwenu to play RT and either Chris Jones, Christian Wilkins,
Leonard Williams or Rankins to play DT for us.

all my chips are on Rankins getting signed out of these options. He is a Bengals type of signing if you know what I mean  
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 08:41 PM)kalibengal Wrote: all my chips are on Rankins getting signed out of these options. He is a Bengals type of signing if you know what I mean  

Except he was a Louisville Cardinal, as Go Cards says, for some reason we don't go after Louisville players, but that was being said 
about OSU players before we drafted Sam Hubbard. So I hope you are right and Rankins is a Bengal here soon enough.

I would like Wilkins or Chris Jones the most, but they will be spendy.
Reply/Quote
Wait, do Browning and Adomitis count?

Aside from the ERFA's who have nowhere to go, I think one of our guys goes elsewhere first. My money is on Jonah. I doubt Chido or Boyd are back. Reader probably signs later on, staying or going, due to the injury.

The rest of our guys are min/near min guys. They usually get signed later or post draft.

I think our main targets will be big time guys with a lot of suitors (Jones, Wilkins, L. Williams, Onwenu) and DJ.

Depending on how that goes & how much we have left, then we will look at a vet S, Chido/Boyd, a bargain TE (Hurst, Griffin, etc) and if we whiff on our Tier 1 DT/RT guys, then lesser guys at those spots (Rankins, Eluemunor, etc). Maybe a bargain CB (Apple?) or good bargain IOL if we whiff elsewhere.

If we cut Mixon, RB early could happen.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 08:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Even when they are highly active in FA, the Bengals are rarely one of the first teams announcing acquisitions, so I'm going to go with Jonah Williams will be reaching an agreement in principal with the New England Patriots before the early tampering period expires.

IDK, they've been very active early lately. Seems we signed Cappa, Karas, and OBJ quite quickly. 

To answer the OP. We sign first and it will be a RT
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
They can have Jonah we'll glady take Onwenu.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 08:55 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Wait, do Browning and Adomitis count?

Aside from the ERFA's who have nowhere to go, I think one of our guys goes elsewhere first. My money is on Jonah. I doubt Chido or Boyd are back. Reader probably signs later on, staying or going, due to the injury.

The rest of our guys are min/near min guys. They usually get signed later or post draft.

I think our main targets will be big time guys with a lot of suitors (Jones, Wilkins, L. Williams, Onwenu) and DJ.

Depending on how that goes & how much we have left, then we will look at a vet S, Chido/Boyd, a bargain TE (Hurst, Griffin, etc) and if we whiff on our Tier 1 DT/RT guys, then lesser guys at those spots (Rankins, Eluemunor, etc). Maybe a bargain CB (Apple?) or good bargain IOL if we whiff elsewhere.

Sign Singletary to compliment Brown and draft a RB in the mid rounds....preferably Braelon Allen in this scenario.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 09:13 PM)pulses Wrote: They can have Jonah we'll glady take Onwenu.

Just know that Owenu will likely cost at least $15M/per.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 08:55 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Wait, do Browning and Adomitis count?

not for this question...I specified team signing a non-Bengal free agent

I do agree with everyone who said Jonah agrees to a deal during the tampering period

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 09:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just know that Owenu will likely cost at least $15M/per.
I'm fine with that 3 year deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 09:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just know that Owenu will likely cost at least $15M/per.

Fine with me, he is pretty young and still has upside.
Reply/Quote

Karras and Cappa both signed within the first hour of legal negotiations. Orlando brown was first day of legal negotiations. This simply isn’t true, FWIW.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 09:14 PM)pulses Wrote: Sign Singletary to compliment Brown and draft a RB in the mid rounds....preferably Braelon Allen in this scenario.

Singletary would be meh. Whatever rookie we draft and Chase brown are both likely, as good, or better.

Give me Henry this year, while burrows contract hasn’t set in.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 08:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You think? I'm torn on Jonah. He's good and bad for our organization so if he goes, he goes (insert Dolph Lundgren photo here). 

As for the OP's question, I'll agree with you since we are rarely active in free agency but when we are, most of us are screaming DO SOMETHING!

Again, Karras, cappa and Orlando brown all signed first day. The first two signed within the first hour of negotiations.
Reply/Quote

This is my take, Jonah signs with someone before the Bengals make a splash. I'm not, however, calling my shot he's going to the Pats. 
Reply/Quote
I agree that the days of the Bengals sitting on their hands for the first 3 days of free agency are gone. But I'll still say someone from Bengals gets signed away before we sign somebody.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 12:17 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Singletary would be meh.  Whatever rookie we draft and Chase brown are both likely, as good, or better.

Give me Henry this year, while burrows contract hasn’t set in.

Singletary is a good all purpose back and he's good in pass protection and he'll be cheap. It doesn't have to be a top tier RB. I dunno why you folks can't understand that.
Reply/Quote