Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which will happen first?
(03-06-2024, 08:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote:
You think? I'm torn on Jonah.
He's good and bad for our organization so if he goes, he goes (insert Dolph Lundgren photo here). 

As for the OP's question, I'll agree with you since we are rarely active in free agency but when we are, most of us are screaming DO SOMETHING!

I've been a Jonah supporter, but I am past ready to move on. Tired of watching him get beat and then watching Burrow take the hit. I don't understand him, he does not seem to play as well as he is capable of playing. 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 09:14 PM)pulses Wrote: Sign Singletary to compliment Brown and draft a RB in the mid rounds....preferably Braelon Allen in this scenario.

I like that, but my bias will take Trey Benson instead....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 08:02 PM)pally Wrote: Next Monday

Which will happen first?  

A Bengals free agent is signed by another team or the Bengals will sign a non-Bengal free agent?

who do you think it will be in either scenario?

With Higgins tagged and Reader on the mend, I think Bengals sign a FA first.
I think (or hope) they recognize the need at RT/TE and add someone to cover one of those spots.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 01:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: With Higgins tagged and Reader on the mend, I think Bengals sign a FA first.
I think (or hope) they recognize the need at RT/TE and add someone to cover one of those spots.

Right on. Adding a RT or TE in free agency, maybe both positions, makes Duke's job easier come draft day.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 09:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I've been a Jonah supporter, but I am past ready to move on. Tired of watching him get beat and then watching Burrow take the hit. I don't understand him, he does not seem to play as well as he is capable of playing. 

He was even healthy last year, so he didn't have the playing hurt excuse.

(03-08-2024, 12:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: I like that, but my bias will take Trey Benson instead....

Thought you would really want Trey Benson Wyche. I also really want Johnny Wilson your big, bad WR...

(03-08-2024, 01:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: With Higgins tagged and Reader on the mend, I think Bengals sign a FA first.

You hear something about Reader healing up? I still want a DT in FA the most. I know we don't draft OL well but there are lots of
guys I would be fine with at RT in the first or second round. Fuaga, Latham, Fautanu, Kingsley, Fautaunu etc.

With DT it is pretty much Byron Murphy, Newton and Sweat and I think Murphy is gone before 18 and Sweat is gone before we pick
in the 2nd. I do like Leonard Taylor and Ruke Orhorhoro though at 3-tech and McKinnley Jackson for our backup to Reader if we don't
get Sweat.

(03-08-2024, 01:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Right on. Adding a RT or TE in free agency, maybe both positions, makes Duke's job easier come draft day.

Onwenu and Noah Fant would be more than fine with me while we try and make a run at Christian Wilkins, Leonard Williams or Rankins.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 12:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: I like that, but my bias will take Trey Benson instead....

I like Benson as well. Allen just gives us that big thumper to get those tougher yards and has break away speed on top of it.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 02:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He was even healthy last year, so he didn't have the playing hurt excuse.

He did flip sides of the line which he adjusted to pretty well considering
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 08:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You think? I'm torn on Jonah. He's good and bad for our organization so if he goes, he goes (insert Dolph Lundgren photo here). 

As for the OP's question, I'll agree with you since we are rarely active in free agency but when we are, most of us are screaming DO SOMETHING!

It's a conundrum. There aren't a ton of good Tackles out there in free agency. Even at his level of play, he might be the best.

I think other teams might realize our o-line coaching is questionable too and that he might fit better in their system.
Reply/Quote