Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
While y'all are gloating over the Steelers loss...
(01-17-2018, 09:56 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Yeah... for some reason everyone seems to be "impressed" with the Jags, but as you've noticed they act like a bunch of blowhards.

Lucky for the Jags that Andrew Luck was out all season
. Otherwise, things might have been a little different in the postseason. I'm not saying the Colts would have been in the playoffs, but I'm pretty sure the Colts may have derailed the Jag's attempt at getting in the postseason. They're in our division and we know exactly how to play them. They may "bully" other teams, but they know what can happen when they play the Colts. Wait until 2018 when Luck is back AND the new HC manages the team better than Pagano.

Jags better take advantage of their new found opportunity. Otherwise, I have a feeling they may have a hard time getting back in the postseason with Andrew Luck healthy again.

Lucky for the Jags?  More like, lucky for the Colts' fans.  At least now they have a flimsy excuse for why their team was awful.

The Jags team is built tough on the LOS, run the ball well.  Those are a combination that the Colts always seem to struggle with.  Unless your new coach can tune up that offense to putting up 40+/game on a regular basis, I don't see the Colts winning that division for quite some time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 10:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lucky for the Jags?  More like, lucky for the Colts' fans.  At least now they have a flimsy excuse for why their team was awful.

The Jags team is built tough on the LOS, run the ball well.  Those are a combination that the Colts always seem to struggle with.  Unless your new coach can tune up that offense to putting up 40+/game on a regular basis, I don't see the Colts winning that division for quite some time.

The Colts troubles are somewhat complex. One of their biggest is how Pagano ran the team. Now that he's gone, there's hope.

I don't know if you've noticed, but the Patriots seem to be heading towards the Superbowl... AGAIN! Their current OC? He'll be the new head coach of the Colts. Yeah, yeah, he did a stint in Denver and didn't do so good, but according to everything I've read, he seems to have changed for the better.

If Luck is once again healthy and the Colts have a halfway decent OL, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for the Colts to put up 40+/game consistently. Also, the Colts have a high draft pick this offseason so I see them drafting a good RB to potentially replace Gore.

No one thought the Jags were going to win the division either. It just so happens that both the Colts and Texans had an off year. Once both teams get their act together, the Jags may find themselves having a lot of problems within the division.

I'm not worried. I think there's going to a lot of upsides for the Colts during the 2018 season. You'll see.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 09:56 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Yeah... for some reason everyone seems to be "impressed" with the Jags, but as you've noticed they act like a bunch of blowhards.

Lucky for the Jags that Andrew Luck was out all season. Otherwise, things might have been a little different in the postseason. I'm not saying the Colts would have been in the playoffs, but I'm pretty sure the Colts may have derailed the Jag's attempt at getting in the postseason. They're in our division and we know exactly how to play them. They may "bully" other teams, but they know what can happen when they play the Colts. Wait until 2018 when Luck is back AND the new HC manages the team better than Pagano.

Jags better take advantage of their new found opportunity. Otherwise, I have a feeling they may have a hard time getting back in the postseason with Andrew Luck healthy again.

They'll knock Andy Luck's dick in the dirt.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 07:49 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: The Colts troubles are somewhat complex. One of their biggest is how Pagano ran the team. Now that he's gone, there's hope.

I don't know if you've noticed, but the Patriots seem to be heading towards the Superbowl... AGAIN! Their current OC? He'll be the new head coach of the Colts. Yeah, yeah, he did a stint in Denver and didn't do so good, but according to everything I've read, he seems to have changed for the better.

If Luck is once again healthy and the Colts have a halfway decent OL, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for the Colts to put up 40+/game consistently. Also, the Colts have a high draft pick this offseason so I see them drafting a good RB to potentially replace Gore.

No one thought the Jags were going to win the division either. It just so happens that both the Colts and Texans had an off year. Once both teams get their act together, the Jags may find themselves having a lot of problems within the division.

I'm not worried. I think there's going to a lot of upsides for the Colts during the 2018 season. You'll see.

Maybe "everything you've read" should include how much Patriots assistant coaches suck once they leave the castle for HC jobs.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
What Dalton pass to green is he referring to?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 09:53 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: What Dalton pass to green is he referring to?

Last game this season against the Ravens.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 09:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: Last game this season against the Ravens.
Oh never mind...I thought he was referring to an AJ green catch
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:32 AM)GMDino Wrote: It reminded me more of the "Flacco Fluke" against Denver the year the Ravens won the SB.

Awful defensive play that resulted in the other team winning.

[Image: 2v14y0i.gif]

The fact that Flacco could avoid the rush and then launch that thing 55 yards in the air was just beautiful. Hate all you want, it has gone down as a playoff legend. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 03:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The fact that Flacco could avoid the rush and then launch that thing 55 yards in the air was just beautiful. Hate all you want, it has gone down as a playoff legend. 

No matter what he did the defender was in position and blew it just like in the MN v NO game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 09:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They'll knock Andy Luck's dick in the dirt.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Seriously? DUDE! Lol... you had to go there, didn't you? Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 10:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Maybe "everything you've read" should include how much Patriots assistant coaches suck once they leave the castle for HC jobs.

You're just mad that Marvin Lewis is your HC! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 05:21 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: You're just mad that Marvin Lewis is your HC! Hilarious

You said that already...several times. Why are you laughing about it? Mellow

Reply/Quote
Happy for Coach Zimmer but saddened by the fact that almost 100% of the fan base knew he was going to be a good HC and already loved him.

Yet somehow we let him slip away.

Still getting kind of stoked over new staff though. Add a FA and solid draft and I am believing again.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 03:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The fact that Flacco could avoid the rush and then launch that thing 55 yards in the air was just beautiful. Hate all you want, it has gone down as a playoff legend. 

So has Tebow's pass to beat the steelers....but that doesn't make him any better as a QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 01:12 AM)Beaker Wrote: So has Tebow's pass to beat the steelers....but that doesn't make him any better as a QB.

Tebow didn't win a Super Bowl and achieve numerous QB playoff records.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 09:37 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Tebow didn't win a Super Bowl and achieve numerous QB playoff records.

"biggest unibrow"

"most ******** facial hair"

"worst pass for a TD" 

the list goes on and on
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 09:47 AM)6andcounting Wrote: "biggest unibrow"

"most ******** facial hair"

"worst pass for a TD" 

the list goes on and on

Most road wins

Most TDs without a pick

First QB to win a playoff game in his first 5 seasons

Only QB to post a 100+ rating in 4 games in a single post season run

the list goes on and on

Not nearly as impressive as worst QB rating for a SB winning QB.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 09:37 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Tebow didn't win a Super Bowl and achieve numerous QB playoff records.

Tebow didnt hamstring his team with a ridiculous contract and then never approach that level of play again either.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 07:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You said that already...several times. Why are you laughing about it? Mellow

Because I find it hilarious that something as no-brainer as firing a head coach would be so difficult for "your" team (The Bengals). It's not like Marvin hasn't had time to prove himself (15 years, right?). Look at Pagano... WAY less time than that, had several playoff victories, and even made it to the AFC Championship game once. He STILL got fired! Why? Under achieved and tried to be too cute a few times (remember that stupid-ass play he did when he lined up the center and the QB away from the other players?). Pagano over stayed his welcome and both the fanbase AND the team had enough.

I "thought" the Bengals had enough of Marvin as well. It sure looked like the fanbase did too.

So... he gets another EXTENSION instead of being fired?!! Rolleyes

That's pretty amusing to me. Most fanbases would have been driven nuts by such actions. I know "I" would! How do you think the Colts fanbase would have reacted if Pagano got a 2 year extension instead of being fired? The reason Luck was injured for a whole season was because of Pagano. He played him when he shouldn't have! So, I say good riddance.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 08:22 PM)Beaker Wrote: Tebow didnt hamstring his team with a ridiculous contract and then never approach that level of play again either.

Gotta win it all in record fashion to earn one of those... or be Matt Stafford and never win a playoff game. 

Reply/Quote