Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
While y'all are gloating over the Steelers loss...
(01-20-2018, 01:31 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Because I find it hilarious that something as no-brainer as firing a head coach would be so difficult for "your" team (The Bengals). It's not like Marvin hasn't had time to prove himself (15 years, right?). Look at Pagano... WAY less time than that, had several playoff victories, and even made it to the AFC Championship game once. He STILL got fired! Why? Under achieved and tried to be too cute a few times (remember that stupid-ass play he did when he lined up the center and the QB away from the other players?). Pagano over stayed his welcome and both the fanbase AND the team had enough.

I "thought" the Bengals had enough of Marvin as well. It sure looked like the fanbase did too.

So... he gets another EXTENSION instead of being fired?!! Rolleyes

That's pretty amusing to me. Most fanbases would have been driven nuts by such actions. I know "I" would! How do you think the Colts fanbase would have reacted if Pagano got a 2 year extension instead of being fired? The reason Luck was injured for a whole season was because of Pagano. He played him when he shouldn't have! So, I say good riddance.

You replied to the wrong sentence.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 06:57 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You replied to the wrong sentence.

No I didn't. But you know... I understand. First there's denial, but eventually you'll learn acceptance. Just remember - yet ANOTHER SEASON with Marvin Lewis! :giggle:
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 10:27 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: No I didn't. But you know... I understand. First there's denial, but eventually you'll learn acceptance. Just remember - yet ANOTHER SEASON with Marvin Lewis! :giggle:

Definite goober.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 10:46 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Definite goober.

You're the goober. Read the link below. You root for a team that has an owner like this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000908381/article/bengals-owner-defends-lewis-pact-were-not-far-off

Smile! :giggle:
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 07:41 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: You're the goober. Read the link below. You root for a team that has an owner like this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000908381/article/bengals-owner-defends-lewis-pact-were-not-far-off

Smile! :giggle:

Irsay

Reply/Quote
The Colts lost on purpose to get Andrew Suck ?

That would be as hard of pill to swallow as them moving away from their true city of Baltimore.

Oh well mostly bandwagoner fans anyhow.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 12:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Irsay

What about him?

Yeah, we all know he has issues, but at least one of them isn't keeping a head coach who hasn't won a playoff game in 15 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 12:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The Colts lost on purpose to get Andrew Suck ?

That would be as hard of pill to swallow as them moving away from their true city of Baltimore.

Oh well mostly bandwagoner fans anyhow.

You're still on that? That the Colts lost on purpose to get Andrew Luck? Geez... dude! You caught in some kind of time-loop or what?

I wasn't even alive when the Colts left Baltimore. My earliest recollection of the Horseshoe is in Indy, so no way am I a "bandwagoner".
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 11:00 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: What about him?

Yeah, we all know he has issues, but at least one of them isn't keeping a head coach who hasn't won a playoff game in 15 years.

(01-22-2018, 11:05 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: You're still on that? 

OMG. You don't even realize what a goober you are, do you?

Nah. I bet you do. I'm not the only one that tells you that. I have no doubt about that. 

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 01:31 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote:  (remember that stupid-ass play he did when he lined up the center and the QB away from the other players?).

He ran the ol' lonesome polecat formation?  That's awesome.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 01:31 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Because I find it hilarious that something as no-brainer as firing a head coach would be so difficult for "your" team (The Bengals). It's not like Marvin hasn't had time to prove himself (15 years, right?). Look at Pagano... WAY less time than that, had several playoff victories, and even made it to the AFC Championship game once. He STILL got fired! Why? Under achieved and tried to be too cute a few times (remember that stupid-ass play he did when he lined up the center and the QB away from the other players?). Pagano over stayed his welcome and both the fanbase AND the team had enough.

I "thought" the Bengals had enough of Marvin as well. It sure looked like the fanbase did too.

So... he gets another EXTENSION instead of being fired?!! Rolleyes

That's pretty amusing to me. Most fanbases would have been driven nuts by such actions. I know "I" would! How do you think the Colts fanbase would have reacted if Pagano got a 2 year extension instead of being fired? The reason Luck was injured for a whole season was because of Pagano. He played him when he shouldn't have! So, I say good riddance.

I don't think you understand how the NFL works. Fans have no say in whether a coach stays or goes. No matter how much you want to believe it, coltsfan's uproar has no effect on an owner. They may give you lip service but what it comes down to is the owner's impatience with not winning playoff games/super bowls. 

Mike Brown doesn't care about any of that. As long as he stays in the black and has something extra to go in the bank, he will get by as cheaply as he can.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 11:00 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: What about him?

Alcoholic pill junkie.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 11:19 AM)Wyche Wrote: He ran the ol' lonesome polecat formation?  That's awesome.....

Is that what that's called? Oh well... whatever... he's an idiot for running it and I'm glad he's gone.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 03:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't think you understand how the NFL works. Fans have no say in whether a coach stays or goes. No matter how much you want to believe it, coltsfan's uproar has no effect on an owner. They may give you lip service but what it comes down to is the owner's impatience with not winning playoff games/super bowls. 

Mike Brown doesn't care about any of that. As long as he stays in the black and has something extra to go in the bank, he will get by as cheaply as he can.

Yeah, I understand that fans have no real power in deciding whether a coach stays or not. However, Irsay DOES listen to the fans and he at least tries to please them - as much as he can or wants to. The fanbase pretty much wanted Pagano gone, not because he sucked this season. We wanted him gone because he played Luck when he should have benched him to heal. As a result, he was injured for an entire season. Irsay actually liked Pagano, and I think he had another year in his contract. But Irsay knew that if he kept him one more season, there might have been a riot in the Stadium... or worse... crickets from no one attending. Irsay's ego couldn't stand that. He likes money, don't get me wrong, but he likes his ego stroked by the fans even more!

He's pretty much giving the Patriot's OC anything he wants next season. Irsay wants a superbowl with Luck, that much we know. So, the Colts have some major building to do in order for that to happen.

It's too bad Mike Brown won't even listen to his fanbase. From what I've seen and read, y'all are loyal to a fault. I know boycotting the stadium would just incite Mike Brown to move his team to another city. I guess it's better to have a mediocre team than to have no team in the city, right? Look what happened to St. Louis! Bet they wish they still had the Rams. So, I get it when it comes to continuing to support the Bengals no matter what.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 03:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Alcoholic pill junkie.

Yeah, no kidding! There's probably more substance abuse than just pills and booze. We've heard rumors he used to do Cocaine and now that he's older, he's apparently in love with pain killers (opiods). Whatever, as long as he brings us a Superbowl title.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 05:01 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Yeah, I understand that fans have no real power in deciding whether a coach stays or not. However, Irsay DOES listen to the fans and he at least tries to please them - as much as he can or wants to. The fanbase pretty much wanted Pagano gone, not because he sucked this season. We wanted him gone because he played Luck when he should have benched him to heal. As a result, he was injured for an entire season. Irsay actually liked Pagano, and I think he had another year in his contract. But Irsay knew that if he kept him one more season, there might have been a riot in the Stadium... or worse... crickets from no one attending. Irsay's ego couldn't stand that. He likes money, don't get me wrong, but he likes his ego stroked by the fans even more!

He's pretty much giving the Patriot's OC anything he wants next season. Irsay wants a superbowl with Luck, that much we know. So, the Colts have some major building to do in order for that to happen.

It's too bad Mike Brown won't even listen to his fanbase. From what I've seen and read, y'all are loyal to a fault. I know boycotting the stadium would just incite Mike Brown to move his team to another city. I guess it's better to have a mediocre team than to have no team in the city, right? Look what happened to St. Louis! Bet they wish they still had the Rams. So, I get it when it comes to continuing to support the Bengals no matter what.

I'm sure Irsay is no different than some other owners--especially MB--in that he wants to give the HC as much rope as he can because i'm sure colts fans wanted Pagano gone before this year. 

Problem with Bengals fans is, MB is willing to buy new rope when the old rope runs out. Over and over again. 

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 05:04 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote:  Whatever, as long as he brings us a Superbowl title.

Yep. That's why i don't seriously question integrity anymore when it comes to the NFL. IDGAF anymore. Just win a ring.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 05:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm sure Irsay is no different than some other owners--especially MB--in that he wants to give the HC as much rope as he can because i'm sure colts fans wanted Pagano gone before this year. 

Problem with Bengals fans is, MB is willing to buy new rope when the old rope runs out. Over and over again. 

Yeah... you can say that again! 15 years is a loooonnng fricken' rope! Say What

I don't know how y'all manage to put up with it, year after year.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 05:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. That's why i don't seriously question integrity anymore when it comes to the NFL. IDGAF anymore. Just win a ring.

Lol! We see eye-to-eye on this! I'm curious to see if Irsay can bring a Superbowl to Indy post-Manning. In some ways, I think Peyton is better than Brady. Why? Because Brady has Belichick and a good cast of characters. Peyton had to be not only a QB, but the HC as well. And his cast of characters were spotty at best. Indy's defense were never solid. They made it work, but it was never as solid the Patriots defense.

BTW... did you shed a tear when Carson Palmer retired? Wasn't he the golden boy in Cincy at some point?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 04:48 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Is that what that's called? Oh well... whatever... he's an idiot for running it and I'm glad he's gone.

That's we called it in Little League.....causes a lot of confusion at that level....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote