Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whipping Boys stepping up
No gameball thread after a loss. I tried it before, but too many cannot give credit for a good performance in a loss. WTS, some of the more popular whipping boys looked good out there today.

Mike Nugent: Folks were calling for anyone else in PS

Dre Kirkpatrick: Trying hard to get paid this off-season

Margus Hunt: Miseed block a PAT by inches and provided good pressure and run support

Rey Maualuga: Dude is a force in the running game
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 14264175_266762040390631_102686367148736...e=587E7410]

Story of this game. How many arm bar neckties are the Steelers allotted per game, before holding is ever called? That obvious blown call on the non-fumble review was just sickening. I really hate to blame the officials, but somehow I feel like the league will be issuing the Bengals an "apology" this week..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Pittsburgh gave their game ball to Pete Morelli.
Reply/Quote
All of those dudes are improving....no doubt.  Dennard struggled....Williams is garbage....o line is trash.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Thought Dre looked good today.

The fact that we continue to shutdown the "best WR" in the NFL makes losing to the Steelers even more frustrating.

Reply/Quote
Sims had a hell of a game. I was concerned and wanted him benched for Williams.

Run D as a whole was much improved.

Peko even had a respectable game.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Dre did play well today as well as Boyd, Hunt & Pat Simms. Hope they continue to bring it.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sims had a hell of a game. I was concerned and wanted him benched for Williams.

Yep Phat was a Phorce. 

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sims had a hell of a game. I was concerned and wanted him benched for Williams.

Run D.... didn't exist. we got gashed. hella bad. williams had a career day. it was however expected. don't give a shit who's at fault the whole front 7 can suck it far as it's concerned. let's watch zim tonight see how it's done on the D-line.

94 yards on the ground by deangelo. that IS not a good day by the D-line.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:10 PM)WildCat Wrote: Run D.... didn't exist. we got gashed. hella bad. williams had a career day. it was however expected. don't give a shit who's at fault the whole front 7 can suck it far as it's concerned. let's watch zim tonight see how it's done on the D-line.

Did u watch the game

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:10 PM)WildCat Wrote: Run D.... didn't exist. we got gashed. hella bad. williams had a career day. it was however expected. don't give a shit who's at fault the whole front 7 can suck it far as it's concerned. let's watch zim tonight see how it's done on the D-line.

The defense absolutely held up their end of the bargain. Career day? Maybe last Monday. 
Reply/Quote
near a 100 yard game? by the opposing team rusher? yeah i watched the game.
Reply/Quote

94 yards on the ground by deangelo. that IS not a good day by the D-line.

He averaged under 3 yards a carry man, what the hell are you talking about? 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:15 PM)WildCat Wrote: near a 100 yard game? by the opposing team rusher? yeah i watched the game.

He averaged under 3 ypc with no TDs,

Reply/Quote
near 100 yards on the ground is what i am talking about. give a shit about ypc. we were talking about our d-line and how "good" it is and more importantly how good peko is. which he is not.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He averaged under 3 ypc with no TDs,

cuz that equates to a win? no sir no....
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He averaged under 3 ypc with no TDs,

Yea under 3 ypc is great for run defense. We definitely got gashed in the zone though. But since we couldn't get a pass rush (thanks refs), Ben had all the time in the world to find holes in our zone.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:18 PM)WildCat Wrote: near 100 yards on the ground is what i am talking about. give a shit about ypc. we were talking about our d-line and how "good" it is and more importantly how good peko is. which he is not.

Wth are you talking about?

They ran it like 34 times, that's why they got 100+ yards lmao.

YPC matters, if you watched the game.. You would understand that our run defense was actually decent for once.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
i watched peko get walked out of the line of scrimmage on the regular. how is it that ev1 says this and i become a "did you watch the game guy?"
Reply/Quote
c'mon man.......
Reply/Quote