Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whit blames NFL...
(12-14-2015, 06:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Jason Cole says that the NFL is upset with the bengals and steelers for all this stuff.  And that it will be Paying close attention if they meet again in the playoffs.  

Makes sense when marvin said he spoke with Tomlin at his presser

The NFL is blowing hot air. They knew about the tweets, and had the chance to come down hard on both teams when Kirkpatrick and Sanders were throwing punches. Both should have been ejected right there and put a stop to it.  And they have the game tape.... are they going to fine Pittsburgh for the Eifert hit? What about DeCastro trying to gouge Gilberry's eyes out. No, they won't do a thing except play it up for ratings if there is another matchup, which would be in the playoffs, which they will put in prime time and make money.
Reply/Quote
Let's not kid ourselves, if the roles had been reversed and Tez had been the one to tweet about killing someone, he would have been suspended.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 06:40 PM)Earendil Wrote: Let's not kid ourselves, if the roles had been reversed and Tez had been the one to tweet about killing someone, he would have been suspended.

You're exactly right.  They don't like us having an enforcer.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I guess Marquis Flowers also tweeted some things before the game that nobody should ever write ... Talking about mass murder. It has since been deleted off his Twitter and I don't know if any of thebSteelers saw it but he should probably be kicked out of the league if it is the type of stuff Cincinnati.com reported. The LB from the Steelers deserves the same. Reprehensible.

I don't mind the scuffling on the field and some good natured trash talking but threats of gun violence and murder have no place anywhere, let alone a work environment or high publicity organization viewed by millions of children.
Reply/Quote
So the league fails their chance to show they are really serious and don't have a double standard. Really the combination of the threats and the deliberate low hit to Eifert should have provoked an instant ejection and suspension.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:05 PM)pally Wrote: For the pregame scuffle

Coley Harvey
ESPN Staff Writer

Andrew Whitworth on the pregame scuffle: "I'll get in trouble for this, but this is on the NFL. One of their players made a death threat on one of our players. That goes outside of football. This is on the NFL and Roger Goodell's head."

Godell is a dork. Can't wait til the owners send him packing.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 08:17 PM)Nizoj Wrote: I guess Marquis Flowers also tweeted some things before the game that nobody should ever write ... Talking about mass murder. It has since been deleted off his Twitter and I don't know if any of thebSteelers saw it but he should probably be kicked out of the league if it is the type of stuff Cincinnati.com reported. The LB from the Steelers deserves the same. Reprehensible.

I don't mind the scuffling on the field and some good natured trash talking but threats of gun violence and murder have no place anywhere, let alone a work environment or high publicity organization viewed by millions of children.

Flowers is a guy who needs to step away from Twitter. He tends to post some of the stupidest stuff I've ever read. I'm not kidding when I say that he doesn't believe Floyd Mayweather ever hit a woman because he's currently in a relationship with a woman.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote